Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
you get it back when you switch to that weapon

removing the buff via unequip is from actually changing the two weapons you have on, not just swapping between

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

idiotsavant posted:

Someone plz to explain ranged/magic builds in the context of zerg pvp meta because fireballing 2 people for 800 damage each and ice storming 3 people for 300 dps for 2 seconds max seems kind of pointless

the only way to win is to not play

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments

BadLlama posted:

the only way to win is to not play

90% of the original playerbase is already way ahead of you.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Ad by Khad posted:

the only grind necessary for pvp is to spend a small amount of coin on some gear from some idiot who did the large and terrible watermark grind. or for a bit more coin you could have some idiot who did the armoring/weaponsmith grinds make you something with a specific perk

this is going to no longer be true after the december patch, turns out they do want everyone to do the watermark grind (no thank you)

a very big lol and a very big lmao

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
One company to rule them. One company to bind them...

https://www.reddit.com/r/newworldgame/comments/r6ljs2/one_company_owns_every_single_town_on_plancta_its/

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

My server might be on their way to this. Purple has been dominating in pvp, but green and yellow were working together to hold their territories from purple. Yesterday, the biggest purple companies switched to yellow. This leaves purple with hardly any companies and green a distant second. If you cant beat them, join them, i guess.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

30.5 Days posted:

I would be embarrassed to add a thanksgiving boss on december 1st. I would just pretend I'd never even intended to have a holiday event rather than do that.

presumably it was made by some poor employee being forced to crunch instead of spend time with their family during thanksgiving

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
I mean this is poo poo you knew would have happened if you pitched it back in 2000

pvp = power = capitalism = race to the best position to exploit everyone else = race to the bottom for the unworthy

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Happened all the time in DAoC

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also lol, lmao, and if I may, rofl.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

what else could happen in a game by jeff bezos?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Dev post happened about WM, I'm sure these changes will be a blast with the player base.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

Tenzarin posted:

Dev post happened about WM, I'm sure these changes will be a blast with the player base.

They literally hate the player base.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Also the High Watermark system is being rebranded as 'Expertise'.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

dumb outsider question: does that mean there's no point to buying gear off the auction house now?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
“Engaging in these activities for 30-60 minutes a day will earn players enough Gypsum of that type to craft a Gypsum Orb (except for Topaz since the Attunement potion can only be crafted once a week). After players have earned sufficient Gypsum for an Orb, they won’t earn more for 23 hours. Gypsum Orbs can then be crafted into Gypsum Casts of any weapon, armor, or trinket type. Note you can only craft any type of Cast, once per day. “

“Note that we’ve tuned down the general chances of getting an Expertise bump to compensate for the guaranteed bumps that were added with Gypsum. “

Sounds loving awful. Feels like an arbitrary time gate (that they can sell micro transactions to circumvent in the future)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Why not just remove all stats from all gear and instead key everything to a single 'time played' stat.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

causticBeet posted:

“Engaging in these activities for 30-60 minutes a day will earn players enough Gypsum of that type to craft a Gypsum Orb (except for Topaz since the Attunement potion can only be crafted once a week). After players have earned sufficient Gypsum for an Orb, they won’t earn more for 23 hours. Gypsum Orbs can then be crafted into Gypsum Casts of any weapon, armor, or trinket type. Note you can only craft any type of Cast, once per day. “

“Note that we’ve tuned down the general chances of getting an Expertise bump to compensate for the guaranteed bumps that were added with Gypsum. “

Sounds loving awful. Feels like an arbitrary time gate (that they can sell micro transactions to circumvent in the future)

lol this is literally predatory mobile game stuff

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Data miners have found the code for the gypsum orbs to be sold in the cash shop

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Now you have to be memeing, right?

.. Right?

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

The Lone Badger posted:

Why not just remove all stats from all gear and instead key everything to a single 'time played' stat.

“Real” time played, or 90hr/day server time played?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I can only assume this is a mistaken communication.

Watermark is being reset to 500!

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Meaningless since it's clear at this point that Amazon's lovely support makes things up when they don't know the answer

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Pretty sure they outsource their support to some country like Phillippines or India with little oversight over the individual who can just bullshit away whenever they don't know anything

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

DerekSmartymans posted:

“Real” time played, or 90hr/day server time played?

Intended to be one, actually the other.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Gypsum mechanic makes me think of jenkem, probably because they're both poo poo but at least jenkem will get you high.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
Gypsum is a sulfate.
Sulfate = Self Hate
Self Hate is why we are still playing.

Cracked the code.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tenzarin posted:

imagine wanting to buy powerful weapons in an rpg

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

blatman posted:

dumb outsider question: does that mean there's no point to buying gear off the auction house now?

No, it means there’s no point of anything. It’s going to be dead except for two or three mega guilds vying for the same three houses on a server populated by mostly bots.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Yeah, they're very good at killing their game.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Robo Reagan posted:

imagine wanting to buy powerful weapons in an rpg

Can't wait for the new exciting Gacha mechanics in Q2!!

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
The ptr is opening up again today.

https://www.newworld.com/en-us/news/articles/december-ptr-announcement

quote:

WINTER VILLAGES
The Winter Wanderer has set up four villages to facilitate the joy and cheer of Winter Convergence! Visit these villages in Everfall, Monarch’s Bluffs, Weaver’s Fen, and Brightwood to meet the Winter Wanderer and carry out his holiday quests!

WINTER CONVERGENCE ACTIVITIES
The Convergence Spirit -Celebrate the spirit of the season by giving a helping hand in decorating your favorite Settlement.
The Convergence Spirit is a special Town Project that allows players to complete special Town Project Quests to upgrade each Settlements Tree of Light for improved daily rewards!
Lost Present Recovery –Those dastardly Frigid Folk are spreading their mischief and stealing present across Aeternum.
Located throughout the world are Lost Presents to be recovered and turned in for Winter Tokens at the Winter Villages Holiday Huts.
Gleamite Collecting –Bright, glittering, gleaming Gleamite meteors of a multitude of color fall from the nights sky during this time of the year; as destructive as they are beautiful.
Gleamite Showers are a new random, dynamic event that occurs at night throughout Aeternum. Keep your eyes and ears open as you search for locations where the showers are most prevalent. Exchange the harvested crystals for Winter tokens at the Winter Village Holiday Huts. Happy hunting!
ICE CAVES

Ice Caves are appearing all over Aeternum due to the Winter Warrior's desire for a Forever Winter. They are snowy and icy caves that the yeti use their powers to freeze up and make snow fall. The rest of Aeternum will look like these Ice Caves if the onslaught of the Warrior is not stopped. These caves will remain behind after the event as scars on the land, sources of wintry magic that refuse to melt even if the Warrior is defeated.

NEW CONTENT
NEW QUESTS
In addition to the new quest series offered by the Winter Wanderer for the Convergence Festival, there are also several new “side story” territory quests offered in Restless Shore and Mourningdale. This update also introduces a new quest series associated with Housing. After you’ve completed the Main Story Quest “Encroaching Corruption,” seek out Architect Giacomo Altoviti near your starting settlement to begin the quest series. Further quests with Giacomo Altoviti will be unlocked as you level up and progress your Territory Standing.

NEW JOURNAL CATEGORIES
New quest categories have been added to the Journal for “Epic Weapons and Armor” quests and for “Skill Progression” quests. This update is accompanied by new map pins for all quest types.

NEW FEATURES
EXPERTISE & GYPSUM SYSTEM
Based on feedback on the High Water Mark system and our desire to have a compelling and diverse end game, we’ve made some major updates to the end game. We’ve added a new resource called Gypsum that can be acquired each day by doing a variety of activities (open world named bosses, expedition bosses, outpost rush, arenas, corrupted breaches, etc.). Each activity rewards a different type of Gypsum that can be crafted into a Gypsum Orb. These Orbs can then be crafted into Gypsum Casts of any weapon, armor or trinket type. Opening a Gypsum Cast will guarantee an expertise bump and gear of that type.

We’ve also renamed High Water Mark to Expertise and now display the current Expertise level of each slot on your avatar in the inventory, so players can easily track their progress. We also show a level up banner anytime your Expertise level increases.

Lastly we’ve added 2 new end game POIs were players can challenge themselves with difficult content and try to progress their Expertise with level 66 enemies and elite chests. Both Malevolence in Edengrove and the Imperial Palace/North Dynasty Shrine have been up-leveled to 66.

TRADE SKILL APTITUDE
We want to continue rewarding the efforts you make to craft items for yourself, your friends, or to make a buck on the Trading Post, so we have introduced Trade Skill Aptitude!

Upon reaching level 200 in a Trade Skill, the Leveling Circle will update to show 3 markers equidistant from each other on the circle.
Earning Trade Skill XP will begin progressing you again, and when you reach one of these markers, you will be awarded with a container of useful items that are (mostly) trade skill relevant, such as Craft Mods, special ingredients, and even schematics and recipes!
Each subsequent marker awards a more spectacular container with more rewards than the one before.
Gaining enough XP to go all the way around the circle will increment the Aptitude Counter by 1. This counter will keep counting so you can keep track of how many times you’ve wrapped your progression around the top level.
We have also introduced a new type of reward with this system: Equipment Patterns.
Equipment Patterns are Crafting Artifacts that enable you to craft a guaranteed Gear Score 600 item that has a specific appearance.
Patterns require a significant amount of powerful crafting resources to create, but guarantee a GS 600 item.
Patterns still roll perks and players have the normal amount of control over their outcome with Craft Mods and Azoth.
Equipment Patterns have a small chance to drop from Arcana, Weaponsmithing, Armoring, and Engineering Aptitude Reward Caches.
PVP BALANCE CHANGES
Due to an issue in our initial PvP damage formula that caused lower gear to be more beneficial in damage mitigation, we have updated our formula. We look forward to hearing your feedback on this update.

PvP damage formula update
We adjusted the way armor mitigation is calculated to use enemies gear score value instead of your average gear score.
To adjust for the difference in armor mitigation we increased the damage low level players due to higher level players and reduced the damage the higher level players due to lower level players.
Crit damage application
Critical damage bonuses from masteries or perks are now applied additively instead of multiplicatively. On average, this will reduce the extra damage they provide by a small percentage.
Buffer Windows: A general consistency pass has been done across all weapons to adjust the buffering windows for dodges, abilities and basic attacks. The updated buffer windows starts when the first frame of the attack that would deal damage or on the first casting frame in the case of abilities that do not deal damage.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Turkulon, Feathered Avenger of Death randomly added to zones.

His AI is broken causing it to wander in a circle and just die to players.
Has no leash so you can bring it into town and grief people.
He drops a turkey leg that makes a food that gives Luck and CON

Buff Tooltip says 1 CON and 0.15% luck
Crafting Tooltip says 1 CON and 0.15% luck
DB says 55 CON and 8.3% luck
Food Item Tooltip says 33 CON and it actually gives 33 CON.

So the turkey is real but are the tooltips real? Do they seriously hand code them in instead of pulling the values from their spells database

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

can't wait to do all those holiday events next February

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Tenzarin posted:

Holy poo poo lmaooo

Boris Galerkin posted:

So the turkey is real but are the tooltips real? Do they seriously hand code them in instead of pulling the values from their spells database

I just copied a reddit post, probably

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

The Lone Badger posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umj0gu5nEGs

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Raged posted:

Data miners have found the code for the gypsum orbs to be sold in the cash shop

link please, I want to bask in the insanity

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
the people in my company going apoplectic over having to maybe touch PvE content are the same people who run OPR for 10 hours a day and complain about having nothing to do

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Mob posted:

can't wait to do all those holiday events next February

What's the over/under on the servers even being up in Feb?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

first round of server merges might be done by Feb, not the second round though