Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CODY VS ANDRADE 67 57.76%
STAT VS RUBY 22 18.97%
STING AND DARBY VS THE GUNNS 2 1.72%
PUNK VS LEE 8 6.90%
DANIELSON VS 5 9 7.76%
WARDLOW 8 6.90%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
Yeah, I used to feel like MJF was all mic work with little to no pop, much less zazz, in ring, but he's really hit a stride where all of his matches are events and live up to their rarity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

he's so far ahead of his peers in a lot of aspects that it's easy to forget the guy is only 25 too

if he can stay injury free imagine how good he will be five years from now

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Memories

https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/1467181900112568320?t=I78qME0_YorD658LijC88A&s=19

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

even as the biggest Jade stan here, the goofy microscope on her every move and gimmick element is grating. She’s big momma cool like my posting friend said, she owns, if she doesn’t to you look at your phone and post with us when she’s on!

That’s the last i’ll say about it until Jade is on my TV again!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I wish she’d do her finisher facing the hard cam

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

There’s a place you can go to learn to work the hard cam and I would prefer it if she went there

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Jade gave her honest opinion on the gingerbread Oreos and hell, I cant disagree. That is not a 5/5 flavor.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I wish she’d do her finisher facing the hard cam

I don't understand this. She always hits it so that the camera catches her smashing her opponent's face into the mat, which is what should happen. Her stylish cover makes her face away from the camera but that's less important than seeing the finisher hit.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:shrug:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

I don't understand this. She always hits it so that the camera catches her smashing her opponent's face into the mat, which is what should happen. Her stylish cover makes her face away from the camera but that's less important than seeing the finisher hit.

she does the pin like that so she can look back over her shoulder at the camera

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

re: Gunn Club and their ranking; it wasn't until recently that Billy Gunn was considered a member of the active roster. He was only listed on the roster page as a "coach" (like Tully and Arn). He was only moved to the active roster section recently.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Alaois posted:

she does the pin like that so she can look back over her shoulder at the camera

I understand that. I'm confused as to why people say her finisher doesn't face the hard when I have never seen it happen.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

billy gunn is older than the undertaker

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Davros1 posted:

re: Gunn Club and their ranking; it wasn't until recently that Billy Gunn was considered a member of the active roster. He was only listed on the roster page as a "coach" (like Tully and Arn). He was only moved to the active roster section recently.

what does that have to do with their ranking?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Eat My Fuc posted:

even as the biggest Jade stan here, the goofy microscope on her every move and gimmick element is grating. She’s big momma cool like my posting friend said, she owns, if she doesn’t to you look at your phone and post with us when she’s on!

Nobody's saying she universally sucks and has no room for improvement. Just that she's been around long enough that AEW needs to let her sink or swim, because her current booking isn't working for a lot of people.

Julia was equally green, and they did that with her. Red Velvet was slightly more experienced, and they did that with her. Both have botched but it wasn't the end of the world when they did.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wrestlers who wrestle with a coach in aew are considered developmental, rather than having a developmental brand. their stuff doesn't 'count' for rankings, just experience. made that up. what are you going to do

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Julia Hart needs a push where she kicks out of Michinoku Drivers all the time and the Michinoku Driver is the first thing that happens in every match. She just stands there and lets her opponent do it then kicks out and then wrecks them.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Put Julia Hart in a tag team with Sonny Kiss so they can both do badass moves involving the splits

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

Yeah, I used to feel like MJF was all mic work with little to no pop, much less zazz, in ring, but he's really hit a stride where all of his matches are events and live up to their rarity

Please don't insinuate I belong to MJF :barf:

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I actually hate it when wrestlers have someone set up for their finish and have to slowly get themselves in position to face the hardcam. There's so many camera's on the action anyway why do they have to only focus on that one?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

JT Smiley posted:

I actually hate it when wrestlers have someone set up for their finish and have to slowly get themselves in position to face the hardcam. There's so many camera's on the action anyway why do they have to only focus on that one?

Archer is the biggest offender on this one for me. Literally if the guy just went limp he would fall out of the part of Blackout between the corner and the hard cam. Fix it!!!

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Mr. Squishy posted:

Imagine if Cody was as into lore as Malakai. He would be the perfect wrestler.

Cody is, he just uses Reality TV instead of instagram.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1467320319190913028?s=20

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
TripleMania update Dax tried to kill a fan

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Lid posted:

Seems bad

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sticklefifer posted:

Nobody's saying she universally sucks and has no room for improvement. Just that she's been around long enough that AEW needs to let her sink or swim, because her current booking isn't working for a lot of people.

Julia was equally green, and they did that with her. Red Velvet was slightly more experienced, and they did that with her. Both have botched but it wasn't the end of the world when they did.

She is in a tournament for a new title and is about to wrestle one of the best women in the division, how is she not being booked to sink or swim?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Lid posted:

Good

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Rarity posted:

Please don't insinuate I belong to MJF :barf:

I'm sorry, I apologize.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I really don't like all the unwritten rules around a hard camera. Wrestlers should just wrestle a good match and the camera people should be the ones moving around to catch facial expressions and whatever. The hard cam stuff makes things even more contrived than they already are.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Elephant Ambush posted:

I really don't like all the unwritten rules around a hard camera. Wrestlers should just wrestle a good match and the camera people should be the ones moving around to catch facial expressions and whatever. The hard cam stuff makes things even more contrived than they already are.

I can't recall anyone caring until the nxt finn balor meme

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

OH poo poo. RYO IS NOT loving AROUND WITH EMI AND BUNNY ANYMORE

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1467326610613301252?s=20

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what's she doin

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Eat My Fuc posted:

even as the biggest Jade stan here, the goofy microscope on her every move and gimmick element is grating. She’s big momma cool like my posting friend said, she owns, if she doesn’t to you look at your phone and post w as with us when she’s on!

I like Jade and I adore the Big Momma Cool description of her. She’s still growing and will get there I will bet. Britt Baker DMD was far rougher than she is nowwhen she first showed up. The one thing Baker has excelled at for a while now is character work and little flourishes (like winking to the camera). Jade might take a little bit longer but she will pay out in spades. That being said I can also see people’s arguments because the roster has some good talent. Riho, Statlander, Deeb, Shida and Emi are already great in ring and (in my opinion) great choices for top pushes. Soho is getting better weekly, losing the WWE jobber stink and insanely over with the crowds with her infectious enthusiasm. Ruby might be new but she’s hot and taking advantage would be good for long term growth. Leyla might be young but she is exceptional in the ring and I’ve liked her interviews. Nyla Rose I adore and she’s my favourite lady as she’s good as a powerhouse and I have seldom seen such delight in being a heel. She is always a part of my happiest times on Dark. So yeah with all those names I can see people getting irritated at the Jade push but I always feel we should have some faith and give it time. I know “wait and see” got us burned before but we should trust this company as they haven’t burned us yet.

As an aside if they don’t give Statlander a belt in the next year or two we should riot as she is awesome. Best alien ever. < boop >

Edit: all that praise and I want to make it known I like the others too. I have a soft spot for the Bunny although she’s not belt material yet. Yet. No disrespect to any of the ladies of AEW. Please don’t sic Abadon on me

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Dec 5, 2021

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Davros1 posted:

OH poo poo. RYO IS NOT loving AROUND WITH EMI AND BUNNY ANYMORE

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1467326610613301252?s=20

abadon beat ryo mizunami so ryo became determined to befriend the zombie girl

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The Wingmen are back together! :neckbeard:

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

DogsInSpace! posted:

Edit: all that praise and I want to make it known I like the others too. I have a soft spot for the Bunny although she’s not belt material yet. Yet. No disrespect to any of the ladies of AEW. Please don’t sic Abadon on me

Look I'm the biggest Bunny supporter you'll probably find. The Head of the Warren, the Big Rabbit, Demon Slayer and innovator of the Heads Up Dropkick (not really but I saw her do it before Roman and that's legitimately why I liked Roman), Acknowledge Her, fools!

Don't keep your hopes up for Bunny getting the belt. She's fine in the ring, but she doesn't even really reach "Good hand" territory (there's a very important reason for this and it's systemic but unless someone asks I'm not going to annoy the thread). She's a fantastic valet, a good 3MB style jobber and the most wholesome vlogger of the lot, but unless she has a career renaissance (And by god you can imagine how insufferable I'll be if she does because Allie is the best) she should be nowhere near the title unless they have a very protective storyline (Which would be awesome, do it Coward Tony, embrace the Sports Entertainment!)

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Renaissance Spam posted:

Look I'm the biggest Bunny supporter you'll probably find. The Head of the Warren, the Big Rabbit, Demon Slayer and innovator of the Heads Up Dropkick (not really but I saw her do it before Roman and that's legitimately why I liked Roman), Acknowledge Her, fools!

Don't keep your hopes up for Bunny getting the belt. She's fine in the ring, but she doesn't even really reach "Good hand" territory (there's a very important reason for this and it's systemic but unless someone asks I'm not going to annoy the thread). She's a fantastic valet, a good 3MB style jobber and the most wholesome vlogger of the lot, but unless she has a career renaissance (And by god you can imagine how insufferable I'll be if she does because Allie is the best) she should be nowhere near the title unless they have a very protective storyline (Which would be awesome, do it Coward Tony, embrace the Sports Entertainment!)

I know what you're saying, but also two members of 3 Man Band have been world champion.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i was just thinking about Ogogo and I'm glad he's recovered from his surgery and ready to get in the ring again

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Penguin Patrol posted:

The Wingmen are back together! :neckbeard:

touch the tips!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eddie being Lulu's #1 cheerleader will never stop being endearing

https://twitter.com/MadKing1981/status/1467341449675132930