Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

anime was right posted:

also doesnt this mean all of the datamines were wrong

It means the datamine with Slayer next is the only right one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bridget when

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

anime was right posted:

blazblues getting rollback

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Yessssss bbtag as well!!!

:slick:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

now do bbtag 3.0 with melty in it

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
is bbtag going to somehow end up the best crossover 2v2 fighter?

THE COLLISION IS INEVITABLE! THE IMPACT WILL BE UNAVOIDABLE!

boogiepop
Sep 24, 2018

Endorph posted:

now do bbtag 3.0 with melty in it

This.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

BBTAG IS GETTING ROLLBACK?!

ARE WE GETTING A NEW SEASON?

Arc Sys are the new Gods of fighting games: praise be their names

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Why keep Baiken's eyepatch if it's going to be see-through. Just take it off!

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

wologar posted:

Why keep Baiken's eyepatch if it's going to be see-through. Just take it off!

Keep gunk and dirt and pennies from finding their way in there

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i had a buddy who was missing an eye and let me tell you, windy beaches were not a good time

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

mycot posted:

It means the datamine with Slayer next is the only right one.

ah cool

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It could also turn out everyone who leaked was wrong and sucks at predicting characters in video games

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

anime was right posted:

also doesnt this mean all of the datamines were wrong

Basically there were tiers to the datamine depending on how much data was found and where (going from extensive WIPs to just references in localization files), so in probability order it was Goldlewis, Jack-o, Happy Chaos, Baiken, Slayer, Asuka, Jam, whith the last four shifting a lot. Jam's spot in particular is subject to debate because her data's the most disjointed of all which is why some lists placed her before Baiken.

b_d posted:

rollback? tweets don't say and the website is not working on my phone.

TMNT x JL runs on Ikemen Go, which is an open source reimplementation and upgrade of Mugen, so it does have netcode but rollback's not finished yet, sadly.

Chev fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Dec 6, 2021

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Chev posted:

TMNT x JL runs on Ikemen Go, which is an open source reimplementation and upgrade of Mugen, so it does have netcode but rollback's not finished yet, sadly.

it's the year of our lord ,

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I don't know why everyone's saying every leak was wrong, there was literally a datamine that suggested every character announced so far including Baiken. There were definitely some wrong ones though.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/Konnor_G_/status/1467715202271481861

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

b_d posted:

it's the year of our lord ,

The harsh reality is that for all the "you should have rollback in 20xx" discourse there's only like ten people, most of them in the US, who have practical experience implementing rollback into a fighting game project, and for all the presentations and blogs they've written about it, the technical gap from "it just works" input delay to "time is an illusion and there's an infinite number of realities" rollback is significant and all the weird effects rollbacks have on other subsystems can be pretty unexpected and undocumented.

I thank the powers that be for putting us in the reality where western prophets brought the holy rollback knowledge to Arcsys, but also keep in mind they might not have been listened to if it weren't for a worldwide pandemic.

(also once Ikemen Go gets rollback, that means almost everything Mugen gets rollback, which is gonna be something for sure)

Chev fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Dec 6, 2021

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Guess I'm buying BBtag on PC, since I don't really want to go back to PS4 and paying for PSN

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Glagha posted:

I don't know why everyone's saying every leak was wrong, there was literally a datamine that suggested every character announced so far including Baiken. There were definitely some wrong ones though.

I still kind of wish that pre-release "leak" that said Nago's name was gonna be Darius Rose was true, if only because that's a sick name.

Chev posted:

But also keep in mind they might not have been listened to if it weren't for a worldwide pandemic.

Yeah, it took a few good games being martyred, launching with Not Good netcode right before the entire world was locked down and welp, can't use locals, arcades etc. as a dodge for ignoring it now.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Dec 6, 2021

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

bbtag bbtag bbtag

Although the PC version does have issues. Namely that the game lags in character select for some bizarre reason. Still, I'm keen to play this with my friends if I can get them to play something that isn't Strive again.

stratego
May 6, 2007

Is there any detail to when BBTag will actually get rollback implemented other than 2022?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

How easy is it to pick up and play BB Tag? I never played tag games seriously and I have a friend who's only 2d fighter experience is Strive and he was interested in picking up BB Tag for some casual time.
Does it have autocombos?

stratego posted:

Is there any detail to when BBTag will actually get rollback implemented other than 2022?

https://twitter.com/Mysticsuburban1/status/1467896873490915336

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Jack Trades posted:

How easy is it to pick up and play BB Tag? I never played tag games seriously and I have a friend who's only 2d fighter experience is Strive and he was interested in picking up BB Tag for some casual time.
Does it have autocombos?

https://twitter.com/Mysticsuburban1/status/1467896873490915336

Bbtag has autocombos and easy inputs in general. It’s more resource-management than hardness to operate

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Gutcruncher posted:

Bbtag has autocombos and easy inputs in general. It’s more resource-management than hardness to operate

Perfect.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

That's honestly the best part of BBTag. The inputs and mechanics are all super easy to use and pick up, barring maybe the way the cross combos operate cause that's a little confusing when you first learn how to use it

The complexity in the game is tied to managing your resources and the absolutely ridiculous cross combos and mix ups you can do. It's very much a game that doesn't get in the way of playing it

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

With the sale might pick these up on steam. How easy is it to mod music in CF and xtag?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

is CF only getting rollback on steam and tag only getting crossplay on ps4/steam?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

poop. p sure i got cf on ps4 and i know i have tag in switch.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

is CF only getting rollback on steam and tag only getting crossplay on ps4/steam?

where are you hearing bbtag is getting crossplay?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is Hilda in BB Tag as bullshit as she looks?
I'm extremely into the idea of a character that just sits on her rear end fullscreen zoning fools out.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

poop. p sure i got cf on ps4 and i know i have tag in switch.

pretty sure you can get both this xmas for less than $5 each

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Jack Trades posted:

Is Hilda in BB Tag as bullshit as she looks?
I'm extremely into the idea of a character that just sits on her rear end fullscreen zoning fools out.

Last I checked the general consensus was that as long as you didn't use Neo, just about everyone was usable to some extent. I did however see one Hilda x Neo team that was pretty cool.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

neo isn't that bad even. weaker than most but she's got her share of bullshit.

agree that bbtag execution is friendly except when it comes to cross combos. im too stupid to handle those. but you can play the game a lot anyway.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ryoga posted:

Last I checked the general consensus was that as long as you didn't use Neo, just about everyone was usable to some extent.

The character I most want to use, what a coincidence

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

The character I most want to use, what a coincidence

Neo's usable, but she's definitely not like.. great. She just doesn't really do anything special iirc

I don't think there's anyone in the game that's stone cold unplayable. Though I'll say that despite being one of my favorite characters in BBTag Heart is kinda rough because she's so meter dependent. You can do some stylish stuff with her though

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

People tell me Elisabeth is bad, but my Elisabeth/ Akatsuki team owns

Half the fun of the game is mix and matching the crazy characters and finding the ideal team for you

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

neo's damage is pretty low so you'll have to win neutral more times, which is significant. but she doesn't have any crippling weaknesses, and she has some really strong tools. exceptionally strong mixup tools, and a reversal no-freeze grab super she can combo out of, for example.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Blazblue and Guilty Gear are on sale on Steam right now. BBTag is $5

Are there any other grapplers other than Bullet and Tager in Central Fiction?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Matthews Big Fan!
Nov 10, 2009
bbtag rules and I've been wishing for better netcode since the game came out, really excited to play again. it's probably the easiest fighting game to get into ever and if you're just loving around with friends you can pick whatever 2 characters you want and have a usable team, even neo isn't so bad that it's a chore to use her

I haven't really played regular blazblue since cp came out so I'm excited to pick that up again too