Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

PostNouveau posted:

Not in the way you'd want from a Dexter finale.

Batista and Quinn do see Dexter murder the bad guy of a season while the guy is in custody and restrained and they both just go "Wow, looks like self-defense to me"

Thin blue line, baybee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

Holy poo poo I am loving this. ANHEEEELLLLLLLL!

"She died, real hosed up situation. Her brother too, tragic really. He had a little son, what was his name? uhhh, oh yeah, Harrison cute kid. The guy's name was Dexter, Dexter Morgan. I remember we'd have these talks at lunch time and he'd say "Angel, if I were to ever fake my death and run away, I would change my name to Jim Lindsey. I will be a lumberjack for a while, and then I will work in a gun store. I will also date the chief of police in whatever town I end up in." I always thought it was weird that he would tell me that every day at lunch, but that was Dexter. I think I have a picture of him, yeah this is him, and every year I use the crime computer to age up this photo to imagine what he'd look like now, were he still alive somewhere, here's that photo. You can keep those."

This has big Dear Sister vibes and I love it. I can't stop laughing while trying to read it out loud to my wife.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I do like that the creepy rich guy's serial killing plan went all awry because his latest victim didn't behave so predictably. Wish she had gotten more than a little slash and was disappointing he was already composed enough to begin creeping on Harrison. Wonder if he's got a doofy multi-part kill thing or if he's just a pervert for adoration of anyone needy.

JaddaCaddra
Oct 3, 2013
I like how Angela is so incompetent that Angel's "If there are connections between the victims, you might have a serial killer" statement was super profound, yet she was also driven to find out Dexter's identity because Angel mentioned the name Harrison and Aubrey said Harrison told her, while stoned out of his mind, that Jim wasn't really Dexter's name.

Also, the promo is leading us to think Angela finding out Dexter's identity will be a big deal, and in any other show I'd think it would be, but given this is Dexter, I guarantee he'll have some really dumb half baked excuse for it and she'll happily accept it and it'll be like nothing ever happened. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire town gets privy to it and just kinda shrugs and says "Cool, got it."

Irony Be My Shield posted:

It seems pretty likely that there's a 'Doakes was innocent' movement even if that remains the official story.

I REALLY don't want there to be another season of this poo poo, but there could be tons of potential in this idea. I think during one of the season two episodes LaGuerta brings up that one of the victims was killed when he was out of town. Its been forever since I've seen that season but doesn't Lundy express doubt about it at some point, only to just drop it when they find Doakes' body? I do remember there being a scene where he grills Dexter about sloppy blood work that caused one guy to be released, but Dexter gave a half assed explanation that was easily bought by a guy that's supposed to be super astute. Either of those things seems like something that could be dug up by dedicated web sleuths, plus the fact that known criminals continued to just disappear from Miami, and used to proclaim his innocence.

Given this show though, I wouldn't be surprised to see the plot end with it all being pinned on Angel or Masuka, or something more stupid than we could possibly imagine.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
What should really be the biggest giveaway is after Dexter 'died' the serial killer population of Miami reached its previous rate of 3 for every non-killer citizen.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Khanstant posted:

I do like that the creepy rich guy's serial killing plan went all awry because his latest victim didn't behave so predictably. Wish she had gotten more than a little slash and was disappointing he was already composed enough to begin creeping on Harrison. Wonder if he's got a doofy multi-part kill thing or if he's just a pervert for adoration of anyone needy.

I think because that kill went bad, he didn't get whatever he needed out of it and immediately started in on Harrison. I see some speculation that he's going to train Harrison to kill, but I think it's more likely Harrison is a potential victim. He's not a woman, so he doesn't fit the pattern perfectly, but he's treating Harrison exactly like the others.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Whatever other blunders they make this season, I will never forgive the show for copping out before full boob reveal.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I wish I had shown my boobs on camera before I got so old and never famous.

Ideal ending: Dexter is caught by his gf after getting away long enough to fail to kill rich guy, but in a way where they both get caught and face their time in court and all the shame of being exposed and looked down on. Harrison good, helped bring down Dexter and rich guy.

Okay ending: Same thing but Dexter and rich guy both die instead of face justice.

Bonus ending: Dexter is getting caught and kills he own gf to avoid getting exposed then has to kill podcast last and then every other person in town one by one and he gets away with it and he kills rich guy without even solving the mystery.

Meh ending: Harrison bad, dexter kill harrison and rich guy, dexter die in process.

Bad ending: anything where Dexter is not brutally killed or permanently incarcerated.

JaddaCaddra
Oct 3, 2013
So, given this concerns some plot synopsis for future episodes, I'm gonna go ahead and spoiler mark it.

I've got a feeling they're gonna kill Clancy Brown's character in the eighth episode. It specifically mentions that Dexter is in the woods fighting for his life, and that it ends in a confrontation in the abandoned summer camp, and it even says "Is there a better place for a serial killer to confront another violent killer?" The rest of the plot summary mentions Harrison finding himself at a crossroads "between two father figures who can lead him down very different paths," and Angela making "disturbing discoveries." There aren't any plot things out about the last couple of episodes, but they're called "The Family Business" and "Sins of the Father," so I'm assuming Harrison kills Kurt and the last couple of episodes have Dexter passing him the torch. Maybe they'll actually have the balls to have Dexter get caught, but I doubt that, even if this does turn out to be a one season affair.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
another stellar episode and too many good posts to emptyquote. keep it up everyone.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Considering that no one suspects him of being the bay harbor butcher, it should be easy for Dexter to explain away his fake identity. His wife just got killed by a notorious serial killer, and his sister was also killed. He didn't want to be hounded by the press or serial killer fans, so he sent his son to live with his girlfriend and he ran away to live a new life.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
:sonia:

Caros
May 14, 2008

Nep-Nep posted:

What should really be the biggest giveaway is after Dexter 'died' the serial killer population of Miami reached its previous rate of 3 for every non-killer citizen.

Nature is healing.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Extremely disappointed the episode didn't end with Angela saying "Hello Dexter Morgan" and mugging for the camera

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Senor Tron posted:

Dexter kept on killing people, and while he went out further with the bodies it's not unreasonable to think someone might have realised that a whole bunch of criminals were going missing and never reappearing after Doakes died.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

It seems pretty likely that there's a 'Doakes was innocent' movement even if that remains the official story.

You're both being extremely generous.

JaddaCaddra posted:

I like how Angela is so incompetent that Angel's "If there are connections between the victims, you might have a serial killer" statement was super profound, yet she was also driven to find out Dexter's identity because Angel mentioned the name Harrison and Aubrey said Harrison told her, while stoned out of his mind, that Jim wasn't really Dexter's name.
It had real monorail salesman energy.

"So in conclusion, Trinity = Three and Killer = Killer"

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
The silliest thing to me is they absolutely could have done the An-hel reveal in a non clunky way. Just have him present on the Bay Harbor Butcher case and have Dexter clearly in the background for Angela to recognize and enquire about. Then, oh yeah that's Dexter, he had a kid named Harrison, poo poo went bad and I haven't seen him in a while.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Regardless of what happens on-screen Angela has now gained the power to communicate with Ghost Quinn in my mind

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Nep-Nep posted:

Regardless of what happens on-screen Angela has now gained the power to communicate with Ghost Quinn in my mind

Ghost Quinn is not actually dead he's just done so much cocaine that he ascended to a higher plan of existence.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I will forgive literally anything if we get ghost Doakes.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Nep-Nep posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyyM_JjN7yw

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I hope Angela eventually suspects Dexter of being the Trinity Killer, who, unlike the Bay Harbor Butcher, is still at large as far as anyone knows.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Argue posted:

I hope Angela eventually suspects Dexter of being the Trinity Killer, who, unlike the Bay Harbor Butcher, is still at large as far as anyone knows.

The Trinity killer is thought to be at large, but his identity is also conclusively known.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Yeah his picture was shown on Harrison's phone when he was listening to that podcast for whatever.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Also, pretty sure his first kill was before Dexter was even born.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I…actually like this season

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Argue posted:

I liked how Batista turned around before walking away to add that Deb's nephew was named Harrison, as if that information was at all meaningful or relevant to Angela.

that was one of the most ridiculous scenes we've ever seen on this show

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

I was sincerely hoping they were going to contrive a way to get Batista to Iron Lake, where he meets ol' Jim Lindsay and he plays it cool and confronts Dexter later and Dexter has to either convince him to keep quiet or turn him into a bench.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Nep-Nep posted:

Season ending:

Harrison and Dexter stand side by side in silence. To either side of them stand Dexters head-Deb and Harrison's head-Trinity. Head-Deb looks at head-Trinity, he looks at her and raises a shush finger to his lips. She winks back at him. Cut to black.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Devorum posted:

I was sincerely hoping they were going to contrive a way to get Batista to Iron Lake, where he meets ol' Jim Lindsay and he plays it cool and confronts Dexter later and Dexter has to either convince him to keep quiet or turn him into a bench.

IMDB episode 7 summary: An old colleague from Miami Metro is in Iron Lake, spelling trouble for Jim. Harrison unleashes his own dark passenger to protect them both.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

PostNouveau posted:

Pretty good ep. The Harrison on drugs sequence was cool.

Lol at anhel revealing so much info for no reason at all. His TED talk was awful too! "Once we realized they all were accused criminals it all came together. Anyway I have no insight into how we made that connection. Questions?"

he neglected to mention the reason they "realized" that is because the only competent cop on the planet came into miami metro and wrote "LAW ENFORCEMENT BACKGROUND" in big letters on a whiteboard

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Senor Tron posted:

IMDB episode 7 summary: An old colleague from Miami Metro is in Iron Lake, spelling trouble for Jim. Harrison unleashes his own dark passenger to protect them both.

I hope that it's Quinn

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I hope that it's Quinn Masuka

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I hope that it's Quinn Matsuka the Black SUV

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I hope that it's Quinn Masuka the Black SUV Lumen

Devorum fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Dec 7, 2021

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I hope that it's Quinn Masuka the Black SUV Lumen Chicky Hines

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Its Doakes. He was always alive, he was propelled by the blast and landed safely somewhere else, then faked his death.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

did the "it's an old PI trick" guy definitely get killed? i'd love to see him cycled back into the mix somehow

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

also was there really any point in hiding the villains identity to now?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CODChimera posted:

also was there really any point in hiding the villains identity to now?

Considering there was absolutely no swerve or twist, no not really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

CODChimera posted:

did the "it's an old PI trick" guy definitely get killed? i'd love to see him cycled back into the mix somehow

I take it most of you were too busy scoffing at the show itt to really pay attention and remember things about it. Robocop was stabbed by Dexter in the van, died. Bled on Quinn's shoe