Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

President Beep posted:

god dammit. the aws outage has rendered my switch unusable :argh:

beep come to my animal crossing island

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
actually yospos people can come to my island give me your friend code

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I have an evil cursed island and a blunt outfit

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I have an evil cursed island and a blunt outfit

love the dick statue

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

SmokaDustbowl posted:

beep come to my animal crossing island

i can’t! No internet. don’t have that game yet either. i recall the gamecube one being pretty fun though.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

President Beep posted:

i can’t! No internet. don’t have that game yet either. i recall the gamecube one being pretty fun though.

if you ever get it pm me your friend code and I'll give you couches and poo poo

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
sounds like a plan.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

SmokaDustbowl posted:

if you ever wanted to play silent hill mixed with snowrunner, just play death stranding

don't want to spoil anything but just know the best joke in the game requires reading the emails that unlock after you beat the game

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I loving love death stranding, it's the only ps game I've platted, and I'll buy it again as soon as they release the directors cut on steam

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jenny Agutter posted:

don't want to spoil anything but just know the best joke in the game requires reading the emails that unlock after you beat the game

just spoil me as long as it's not like multiple paragraphs

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Lysidas posted:

nah that was great, thanks, i did start to figure most of that out for the main fight and through a bunch of iterations of the dream one, i have mostly recalibrated myself to handle the boss but i still every once in a while dash into the boss rather than the other way around

i mostly just find it funny since everything else in the game has clicked really well, its just the mechanics of one boss (so far, hmm) that i just find completely unnatural for me in terms of combat style for some reason
at least when you die to the dream one it's fairly quick to try again and you can use fragile charms since you don't actually die. but yeah it's a hard one, i haven't beaten it yet. will probably come back around when i level up the nail a bit more or get more charm notches

i think the better strat is to use the fireball spell with a shaman charm that boosts it since it is weakish to knockback. it just has like a lot of hp

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

SmokaDustbowl posted:

just spoil me as long as it's not like multiple paragraphs

nah it's really about the buildup of the entire game leading up to it, just wanted to mention that additional emails come up after beating the game and they're worth reading

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jenny Agutter posted:

nah it's really about the buildup of the entire game leading up to it, just wanted to mention that additional emails come up after beating the game and they're worth reading

it's full of corpses, and the one place that had trees had a huge monster

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
and everyone is in some stage of death, and there are reverse abortion geiger counters

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'm sure it'll end like the movie jacob's ladder, but I don't know if that's giving kojima too much or too little credit

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

They remade Jacob's Ladder and I never heard another word about it after the trailer came out

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I guess I will be ashamed of my words and deeds

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

FalseNegative posted:

Finished Endwalker. They stuck the landing perfectly. This has dethroned all other games for me now and taken the top spot. I've never played something that's got me weepy or shaking in joy at least a dozen times.

same, just absolute love for it. batshit jrpg plot in the best way possible. everything i could've wanted out of it, 10/10. my brain is mush now tho.

excited for you to get past ARR, jonny. it's a wild ride! late ARR and post-ARR can be a little bit of a slog, but once it picks up, it really picks up.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

ffxiv needs to be released on a system I can play it on

The Fool fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Dec 8, 2021

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

The Fool posted:

ffxiv needs to be released on a system I can play it on

I hear that you can play it on the computer, op

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I don’t own a computer that can play games with graphics newer than 2008

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
just go down to the best buy and snag a video card

--

jokes aside, a ryzen 5600g would run it fine at 1080p on modest settings i bet, and a 5700g would be a bit better than that. theyre like 280 and 350 bucks or something like that, respectively.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
i'm going to save up and see what the mister fpga poo poo has to offer

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

apparently a 5700G will run FFXIV on high settings at 60fps or higher in most places and 40fps in cities. a 5600G has 7 compute units instead of the 5700G's 8 so you'll probably still get 60fps in outdoor zones and 30+ in cities with hundreds of people doing effects and poo poo in front of the market board

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
hows ff14 running on a m1 macbook

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
not good, unfortunately. single digit fps. looks like an m1x can tickle 20fps at 1080p

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

seeing as how mid-to-top end gpus are still asking double retail prices at least, are 'gaming laptops' any more viable than when I last looked at them several years back..?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Kazinsal posted:

apparently a 5700G will run FFXIV on high settings at 60fps or higher in most places and 40fps in cities. a 5600G has 7 compute units instead of the 5700G's 8 so you'll probably still get 60fps in outdoor zones and 30+ in cities with hundreds of people doing effects and poo poo in front of the market board

very dangerous "apparently" if this is some enthusiast youtube or something like that, listening to them everything runs on everything, but in reality it takes a metric ton of unreliable tweaking, and comes apart every time the wind changes.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
Endwalker is good so far except that i really don't like those awful duties where insead of playing the interesting character class you've played for 80 levels you control some other character where you have three lovely abilities to spam

Same energy as when you wanted to play some omicron: nomad soul and the game decided "actually today you're playing a lovely fps sequence with a Dreamcast controller instead of the action adventure game you hoped to be playing"

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

death strandings actual gameplay is really good but the cutscene to gameplay ratio is like 5:1

lol I have 105 hours in death stranding this is so wrong

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i finally upgraded my gpu and i’m seeing i can pretty much get for my 1070 what i paid for it. what the gently caress

guess it’s time to offload some stuff in sa mart

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

you can skip cutscenes who cares how many there are

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Fart Sandwiches posted:

lol I have 105 hours in death stranding this is so wrong

does the game get better about it after a while? because in the beginning quarter of the game it’s most definitely not wrong

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

NoneMoreNegative posted:

seeing as how mid-to-top end gpus are still asking double retail prices at least, are 'gaming laptops' any more viable than when I last looked at them several years back..?

they aren’t bad. they’re actually available, which makes a big difference, turns out.

they are a little behind their desktop counterparts, but not terribly, usually.

I have a laptop with a 1050ti in it and it runs cyberpunk pretty good at medium settings, so the 20xx and 30xx laptops have to be much better than that

the nice thing about getting a ~gaming laptop~ is they usually come with nice, high refresh rate screens, so if you don’t have one already, that’s a plus.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

does the game get better about it after a while? because in the beginning quarter of the game it’s most definitely not wrong

after a bit you get lots of deliveries and can just take your time, only triggering cutscenes when you want. this is how I played the game mostly and now I’m in postgame just doing whatever looks fun and doing things intentionally the hard way cause I just love getting myself stuck at the top of a mountain and having to go back down the other side with minimal gear and a huge load

only a few more of them memory chips and I have the plat trophy but I just gotta make one more delivery first

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

yes and no.

there are still a lot of cutscenes, but there is more gameplay to leaven it.

i still watched every single minute of kojima's babbling, it was somehow still riveting even if it was objectively nonsense

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

TOOT BOOT posted:

They remade Jacob's Ladder and I never heard another word about it after the trailer came out

ugh. the original ruled why would they ruin it.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

started up hollow knight again last night. deleted my 18 hour save cause there was no way i was gonna figure out what i needed to do in that one

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

the nice thing about getting a ~gaming laptop~ is they usually come with nice, high refresh rate screens, so if you don’t have one already, that’s a plus.

high refresh rate screens are so good and if you have the means i can highly recommend the upgrade to those still at 60 hz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
they can be a bit smeary if you get the cheap ones though

what i really want is a 2880p desktop display