Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Red Dawn was deffo worse off because China went poo poo pee pee and made the studio change the bad guys to be North Korea after they had shot everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean I don’t think it’s fair comparing it to a trashy propoganda film

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

Kingtheninja posted:

I thought cabin was the same situation as the red dawn remake where mgm went bankrupt and it delayed the release (among other issues red dawn had)

It also ended up timing quite well with Hemsworth Thor so maybe made it to the top of the queue

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean I don’t think it’s fair comparing it to a trashy propoganda film

trashy sure but how is Cabin in the Woods propaganda?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Gripweed posted:

trashy sure but how is Cabin in the Woods propaganda?

I was talking about Red dawn.

Though maybe Cabin was anti cabin propoganda

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Pro-merman gobbledygook.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's uhm anti human propaganda? Also it was perhaps the best movie if whatever decade it came out, if anyone here hasn't seen it don't watch any trailers or Google anything, just go watch it for more surprises.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

CharlestheHammer posted:

I do remember some horror nerds being mad about it for some reason

falz posted:

It's uhm anti human propaganda? Also it was perhaps the best movie if whatever decade it came out, if anyone here hasn't seen it don't watch any trailers or Google anything, just go watch it for more surprises.

Let's not go crazy.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Empires of the Deep was meant to be a major Chinese action adventure blockbuster released internationally and carried by American actors, since The Great Wall already succeeded at that there’s really no point in trying to fix a hilariously mismanaged production for actual release.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Dillbag posted:

Delays like that almost always mean the movie is a piece of poo poo and they've been trying to stitch it together for so long they've gone completely blind. Like the still unreleased Chinese film Empires of the Deep.

Isn't that the film that cast CineD's good friend Tony Tango?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Dillbag posted:

Delays like that almost always mean the movie is a piece of poo poo and they've been trying to stitch it together for so long they've gone completely blind. Like the still unreleased Chinese film Empires of the Deep.

Did Empires of the Deep even finish filming?

LemonLimeSoda
Jan 23, 2020

absolutely love this movie, not a huge fan of the posters but both are fun time capsules for that era

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Technically a movie poster because this is a TV movie they edited into an FMV game

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

"Very good indeed, a thoroughly adult film" :nallears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I can't wait for the second butthole.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

drat, they are just doing it right. As corny as Sonic is they are bringing it to life and just embracing the insanity.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

lol awesome

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

drat, they are just doing it right. As corny as Sonic is they are bringing it to life and just embracing the insanity.

Well after the last one's first trailer disaster they brought in the lead Sonic comic artist to come up with new designs and salvage it, and given they seem to have pulled off a miracle I'd assume they've bought the same people back to do the designs on this one. And this time they're not constrained by having to be compatible with retrofitting existing work.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sonic 2 the hedgehog

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

MikeJF posted:

Well after the last one's first trailer disaster they brought in the lead Sonic comic artist to come up with new designs and salvage it, and given they seem to have pulled off a miracle I'd assume they've bought the same people back to do the designs on this one. And this time they're not constrained by having to be compatible with retrofitting existing work.

Watch as despite all this, they manage to pull a Venom 2 on us.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'll happily skip the first movie and watch the Sonic sequel if it's not another human-animated creature family buddy comedy and the general look is consistent with that poster.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

feedmyleg posted:

I'll happily skip the first movie and watch the Sonic sequel if it's not another human-animated creature family buddy comedy and the general look is consistent with that poster.

Not sure if it’s true but I think I heard somewhere that the human characters from the first movie have a significantly lesser role in this one and its the Sonic cast that takes center stage.

That said, I was willing to write off the first movie from the second we got the premise but for what it’s worth it wound up being a lot better than I expected.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Interesting thing about Sonic 2 is that while they went with stunt casting for Knuckles they're just keeping the lady who's been playing Tails since 2014 (and also voiced him in the stinger from the first movie.)

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I've met a bunch of kids that love Sonic but have no idea there's even such a thing as Sonic videogames.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean Sonic does have a cartoon running semi regularly so I assume it’s that

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean Sonic does have a cartoon running semi regularly so I assume it’s that

There hasn’t been a Sonic cartoon in at least a few years now (give or take, I forget when Boom ended) but one is apparently currently in development for Netflix:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/06/sonic_prime_concept_art_gives_a_sneaky_look_at_upcoming_netflix_show

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

FreudianSlippers posted:

I've met a bunch of kids that love Sonic but have no idea there's even such a thing as Sonic videogames.

I recently visited some friends who have two young boys, 3 and 6, who are obsessed with Pokemon, but they had no idea there was a video game. They were floored that a grown up like me would know so much about Pokemon.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I think they'd just seen the movie.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This is definitely a million times better than the first movie's original teaser poster with the gross looking Sonic

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
That Sonic is still gross looking.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Sonic is gross.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Larryb posted:

Not sure if it’s true but I think I heard somewhere that the human characters from the first movie have a significantly lesser role in this one and its the Sonic cast that takes center stage.

That said, I was willing to write off the first movie from the second we got the premise but for what it’s worth it wound up being a lot better than I expected.

I don't remember a single loving thing about the first Sonic movie but I seemed to enjoy it at the time. I was fully expecting it to be awful, and it was surprisingly not terrible.

It's every bit the movie that 8 year old me would've loved if it came out back in the early 90s.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs
Well he's staring at me with his massive hypersensitive eyes, but I don't see any chilidogs. Will have to withhold judgement for the teaser.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
This is all I remember from the movie but I also remember liking it.

https://youtu.be/d4tPc939yeQ

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I like Ben Schwartz, but that very brief clip annoys me. Maybe I'll walk back what I said about watching the second movie.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

Sometimes kid, sometimes no kid

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's like they completed a bingo card of elements that would make me absolutely not want to see a movie, it's impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

el oso posted:

Sometimes kid, sometimes no kid

Looking at the listed URLs it is a poster made for Belgium and the Netherlands, but uh... I'm blaming Belgium here! Clearly, they get unconformable seeing an African kid with no visible hands.