Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

rex rabidorum vires posted:

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE...I've reviewed and taken notes and some screen shots on the first 14 Kraken games. This has lead me to ask a question of our FAS friends. On the scale of dropping food on the floor to Metalocalypse how 'brutal' would you say the Hakstol era goals against were?

Just a little taste....as a treat

It'll be Zucker/Sid/E Rod hopefully. Unfortunately it very very likely means Kap back with Carter which is going to blow. Unless O'Conner gets moved up? ZAR? You're probably right though. Idk ?/Carter/Heinen if it is Zucker/Sid/E Rod. Move Matheson down and play PoJ lol.

"Hakstol era" did he just get fired or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIČRE IN ME

Arivia posted:

He was fired as coach of the flyers yes!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

eXXon posted:

https://twitter.com/PuckReportNHL/status/1468655723563429891

Scheifele apparently wasn't injured so clearly this was not as bad as Pionk's knee by Parros logic.

It was ironic he play a loving piece of poo poo goon in that goon movie and now runs player safety.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Arivia posted:

FAS is Flyers Argument Stadium whose mantra 'Fire Hakstol' lasted many a year before transferring to 'fire' basically everyone else before moving to complete abject dejectedness represented by the current moto of 'The Philadelphia are dogshit garbage'. So far though my main takeaway from watching most of Seattle's highlights is they should fire Hakstol immediately.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

FAS is Flyers Argument Stadium whose mantra 'Fire Hakstol' lasted many a year before transferring to 'fire' basically everyone else before moving to complete abject dejectedness represented by the current moto of 'The Philadelphia are dogshit garbage'. So far though my main takeaway from watching most of Seattle's highlights is they should fire Hakstol immediately.

oh, sorry, yeah, i missed that

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

So far though my main takeaway from watching most of Seattle's highlights is they should fire go back in time and never hire Hakstol immediately.

Fixed that for you.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Let us not forget that not only is Hakstol a terrible coach, but Ron Francis is also a terrible GM

it's great

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mike_V posted:

Backup goalie Ville Husso was having an excellent developmental year but hosed himself up making a save last night. With Binnington out with COVID, the Blues have signed....Jon Gillies to backup Charlie Lindgren because they can't bring up their other AHL goalie because they don't have cap space due to injuries that are not yet on the IR. Great news!

He was fantastic in both games against us, and the primary reason we didn't have easy regulation wins in both. That really sucks, sorry dude.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
https://twitter.com/KatieJStrang/status/1468737384376328196

https://twitter.com/CraigSMorgan/status/1468738911593631745

As the last Coyotes fan remaining, I am very saddened by this news.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Lmao has a pro team ever had this happen cause good lord I want it to

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Do they really want a horde of enraged Arizonans at their door? There must be dozens of them.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/hayyyshayyy/status/1468743079075229703

Nils Lundkvist fell celebrating his 1st NHL goal :3:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Philadelphia Flyers are dogshit garbage.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Probably not in 30+ years in hockey (except the last time Arizona was broke).

Now, in lower tier football/soccer it seems to happen about once a year lately that someone’s going into administration for unpaid tax bills or something.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Spezza is appealing his 6 game suspension.

https://www.nhl.com/news/toronto-maple-leafs-jason-spezza-appeals-suspension/c-328800378

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

Pungry posted:

As the last Coyotes fan remaining, I am very saddened by this news.

If only you had bought one more jersey...

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Closest I can think of is from the earliest days of pro sports where teams were still in flux and changed like every year and even then, I don’t think anyone got evicted mid season.

The Montreal Wanderers lost their arena because it burned down.

And in baseball, the 1899 Cleveland Spiders just decided to stop playing at home because they were so bad no one wanted to see them. The owners owned two teams in the league and took all the good players and put them on one team, leaving the Spiders to finish 20-134.

The closest though are probably the original Dallas Texans in the NFL.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Texans_(NFL) they joined the league in 1952, played all of 4 home games with no one showing up and sold the team back to the league. They played their remaining home games in Akron and folded at the end of the year.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Rangers got kicked out of MSG because of the Circus way back in the 20s or something, didnt they?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIČRE IN ME

Matt Zerella posted:

Rangers got kicked out of MSG because of the Circus way back in the 20s or something, didnt they?

Yeah I think they started every season on the road because of it or something

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Jhet posted:

Now, in lower tier football/soccer it seems to happen about once a year lately that someone’s going into administration for unpaid tax bills or something.

This is basically tradition in the 2nd and 3rd tier Italian leagues.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Levitate posted:

Yeah I think they started every season on the road because of it or something

The Hawks and Bulls had a 2 week road trip every year because of the circus until 2017.

This is basically tradition in the 2nd and 3rd tier Italian leagues.

If we’re counting lower tier leagues, there’s the Alliance of American Football that Tom Dundon was involved with that imploded partway through the season.

pseudodragon fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Dec 9, 2021

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

The Leafs once got evicted by their own Zamboni driver.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Worst team in the NHL

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

That was a legitimately an awful Flyers performance. They fired AV and managed to look even worse. Honestly impressed.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

That was a legitimately an awful Flyers performance. They fired AV and managed to look even worse. Honestly impressed.

They couldn’t score. The Mike Yeo experience begins.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

They couldn’t score. The Mike Yeo experience begins.

I put it in GDT but to repeat - 6 scoring chances total in all situations. 2 high dangers credited on the powerplay. 4 at 5v5. The heat map is woooof. Zero shots inside the house/home plate. Unbelievably bad effort.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Flyers are dogshit garbage that a sick dog ate then puked up and another dog ate then poo poo out again

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

If we're going to do it, at least make it one of the more annoying franchises in American sports, of which the Coyotes are not.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

If we're going to do it, at least make it one of the more annoying franchises in American sports, of which the Coyotes are not.

eh, this is pretty annoying

Feels like they're playing Dungeons and Defencemen while everybody else is playing hockey.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

ohrwurm posted:

Flyers are dogshit garbage that a sick dog ate then puked up and another dog ate then poo poo out again

Oh, did they have another police appreciation night?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Congrats to the Devils for not being as bad as the Flyers.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Congrats to the Devils for not being as bad as the Flyers.

If that's the bar, shout out to root canals

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Coyotes finally found a way to become popular in state, tax recidivism and an armed standoff with county bailiffs.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Oh my god this is a disastrous season for Philly

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Not quite the same but I highly recommend the 30 for 30 Big Shot detailing John Spano's brief ownership of the New York Islanders.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Good soup! posted:

Oh my god this is a disastrous season for Philly

lol if it wasn't obvious they'd be bad

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.
I feel like Seattle is a decent team let down by dogshit goaltending.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

triple sulk posted:

lol if it wasn't obvious they'd be bad

I feel like it's much, much worse than bad lol

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
https://mobile.twitter.com/mnwild/status/1468442967698464771

(USER WAS BAND FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Flyers are a bad hockey team, full stop. Trade Giroux to a contender.