Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Everyone knows you can avoid getting timed out in ff14 by beginning a crafting sesh and not completing it

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kkbPG7n9pA

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Even during my Endwalker marathons I took the time to shower and make good food, I just always set a timer so I'd go back to the keyboard and walk around a bit to avoid getting logged out :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FF14 use to not have a time out mechanic. You could stay logged in as long as the servers were up.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

Everyone knows you can avoid getting timed out in ff14 by beginning a crafting sesh and not completing it

jay rust is sadly behind the times, peddling outdated facts that are no longer true

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Take a break from taking breaks :twisted:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ubisoft took down that awful NFT ad after it got 31000 dislikes

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rarity posted:

Ubisoft took down that awful NFT ad after it got 31000 dislikes

Assumingly they are still introducing NFT to all of their current flagship games though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

SeXReX posted:

If I take a break then I might afk timeout and have to wait for 13 hours to start playing again

I set a timer for breaks of no more than 20 minutes.

Actually i should run a Pomodoro timer while playing, that would be perfect

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
a game that literally requires you play it constantly if you want to keep playing it at all. what a marvelous innovation

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This is the future you gamers wanted

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Mmo players are fake gamers

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

People are queuing because it's good, fam

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
what's aidvantage? anyone else got navient dumping them off on someone else? surely bad news?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

People also queue behind the 7/11 down the street from my house waiting for the crack dealer to wake up, doesn't mean we should all start smoking it

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Bring back Star Wars Galaxies

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
everyone on crack seems to love it

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

https://youtu.be/Ix7PlYCdgHQ

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Khanstant posted:

what's aidvantage? anyone else got navient dumping them off on someone else? surely bad news?

google posted:

Aidvantage (the federal loan servicing unit of Maximus Education, LLC) has one mission – to help you manage the repayment of your federal student loan and support your financial success. Navient is transferring its Department of Education servicing to Maximus Education (Aidvantage).

So it's just one company selling your debt to another I think

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Play posted:

Do you know the neighbors across the street? Would be better if an owned cat was inside where it can't have a negative effect on local wildlife. At the very least Brownie should be neutered if he's wandering around randomly. Maybe they would agree if there were a free service in your area? Sometimes you can get people to agree to it.

Unfortunately I don't know them. We want to get Brownie neutered and we're not the only ones so we're getting in touch with a local neuter/spaying organization (with Brownie's owners consent of course) but until we hear back from them, not much else can be done. I'd like if Brownie was just kept inside but I think they don't keep him inside because he likes to roughhouse, which is a shame since if they want to own a cat they should at least keep him inside. We've gotten the reputation as being cat people so the kids across the street have even said if they had caught the stray black cat before we did, that they were planning to bring them to us. Just not allowed to have cats indoors I guess. I feel like getting the adult over there to agree to a cheap/free neutering won't be too difficult.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/ABetterABK/status/1468943518248980486

:yeshaha:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

So it's just one company selling your debt to another I think

hmmm, last time someone did that it was with some unpaid credit cards and I was able to later ignore them for a few years and they sold it again and i settled for like a fraction of what it was but even that I think was a dumb move because I could've just ignored it longer. anyway, don't know why i asked here besides it was open when i saw the email. i did finally get my credit to a normal human range but the dumbass credit union doesn't even have a cheevo system so whats the point

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Khanstant posted:

everyone on crack seems to love it

crack would get loving incredible day 1 steam and metacritic reviews

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
unless they really hosed up the battlepass

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Can’t believe the term “battlepass” stuck around

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gamers are a joke

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
you can't even trade your battlepass points in for prizes or candy or a little alien with a parachute. truly morons, you literally dont own any videogame loot

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Herstory Begins Now posted:

those day 2/3 reviews though.... ouch

Jay Rust posted:

Gamers are a joke

i will battle your face in for this flippant, disrespectful comment

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Khanstant posted:

you can't even trade your battlepass points in for prizes or candy or a little alien with a parachute. truly morons, you literally dont own any videogame loot

Sounds like we need to put loot on the Blockchain

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Herstory Begins Now posted:

1392 Hours Played

Man gently caress this game I hate it!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
blockchain even worse. things you still don't own but also now a network of greedy nerds has your stuff in their chatlogs while they irritatingly insist you do own these bits of of electricity somehow just that everyone is holding it for you and you can't have it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Masayuki Uemura passed away today, he was the creator of the NES, and Super Nintendo. :(

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Jay Rust posted:

Can’t believe the term “battlepass” stuck around

The Wii did so much for normalizing really stupid names

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Masayuki Uemura passed away today, he was the creator of the NES, and Super Nintendo. :(

Rip

Creator how, just head of design or creator of the inner hardware or what?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

FirstAidKite posted:

Rip

Creator how, just head of design or creator of the inner hardware or what?

He lived inside each one and spun the wheels so they worked. Also the dog from duck hunt? His loving dog.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Me and my girlfriend (long-distance) wanted to have our own personal rom pit nights using Parsec and having us both using the same controller so we can effectively "pass" it seamlessly. However, we don't have the same controller. I know there's a utility out there that you can more or less use to convert a controller into a generic virtual input or something along those lines, what the gently caress is it called?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

External Organs posted:

He lived inside each one and spun the wheels so they worked. Also the dog from duck hunt? His loving dog.

how great could this guy possibly be if he raised a dog to be such a disrespectful rear end in a top hat. booo

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Play posted:

how great could this guy possibly be if he raised a dog to be such a disrespectful rear end in a top hat. booo

He was a vegetarian and hated hunting. He survived on a steady diet of mushrooms and lint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

External Organs posted:

and now he is finally free