Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hopefully this serves as a warning to others wanting to adopt anime to live action.
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1469082839882862599

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I wanted to see more anime accurate Ed though

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Pouring one out :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-0CF_Ch0DI

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am excited to poo poo post with you all over the game awards tonight.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'll be busy watching the new Wheel of Time episode so not shitposting for me

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'll be playing games, and I suggest you all do the same

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rarity posted:

I'll be busy watching the new Wheel of Time episode so not shitposting for me

That's not until tomorrow I thought. I'll watch that tomorrow either way.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

this

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

same

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I said come in! posted:

That's not until tomorrow I thought. I'll watch that tomorrow either way.

Amazon drop their shows at midnight GMT

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

We've already established many goons can game while also watching something else

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

I said come in! posted:

Hopefully this serves as a warning to others wanting to adopt anime to live action.
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1469082839882862599

I liked it :(

Jay Rust posted:

*sigh* . . . well, I guess so. just this once though, okay?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They should’ve made Ed a Roger Rabbit type character and just be an Anime amongst the live action people. Say it’s some sort of advanced vtuber tech or something

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Rarity posted:

We've already established many goons can game while also watching something else

Seems disrespectful towards the game you’re playing and the developers who made it...

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Play posted:

I liked it :(

I only watched the first few episodes but thought it was entertaining enough when it wasn't trying to slavishly recreate stuff from the anime, because any time they tried to just be "the anime but now in live action" they came off infinitely worse for the comparison. That high energy trailer they did was better, to me, than anything I saw of the show.

Spike and Jet's more openly friendly dynamic was nice, and Faye's actress was doing what she could with what she was written. I don't know if I enjoyed it enough to be bothered watching the rest of it.

Fans who are strongly invested in things throw a fit any time an adaptation of a work in a different medium isn't a 1:1 replication of what they're already familiar with though so I can only imagine how much worse the already astoundingly negative reception would have been if they actually tried to do anything different.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Make a Legend of Galactic Heroes live action series, but all space battles are made with stop motion miniatures

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Mode 7 posted:

I only watched the first few episodes but thought it was entertaining enough when it wasn't trying to slavishly recreate stuff from the anime, because any time they tried to just be "the anime but now in live action" they came off infinitely worse for the comparison. That high energy trailer they did was better, to me, than anything I saw of the show.

Spike and Jet's more openly friendly dynamic was nice, and Faye's actress was doing what she could with what she was written. I don't know if I enjoyed it enough to be bothered watching the rest of it.

Fans who are strongly invested in things throw a fit any time an adaptation of a work in a different medium isn't a 1:1 replication of what they're already familiar with though so I can only imagine how much worse the already astoundingly negative reception would have been if they actually tried to do anything different.

I definitely think the last three episodes were probably the worst. I liked how the anime handled the whole Julia thing better, even though that was pretty ham-handed as well. But I do agree that Jet and Spike's relationship was handled better, and the changes made to Faye's character had to be done. Not perfect but I'm disappointed that I won't see any more.

The show was better when it was just doing some wacky stuff that was fun rather than focusing on vicious, spike and julia (which actually overall was a pretty small part of the original series).

External Organs posted:

He was a vegetarian and hated hunting. He survived on a steady diet of mushrooms and lint.

ah, okay. I should really learn to listen for the whole story before I go off judging people like that, you know?

I'm sorry mr. tiny mushroom man with the activist dog. godspeed you mad bastard

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

RIP Masayuki Uemura, who worked almost as hard as my uncle

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm at work and cannot Game an Award

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is there going to be a separate Game Awards thread

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
first world premiere is tunic

not sure what's world premiere about that, we've seen clips of that game for a decade now

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Oh look Tunic finally got a release date, I thought that game was never going to come out.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Yo what's the release date for goons that are posting while walking their dogs

Dog tax

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol Tunic is finally coming out. I've been waiting for that game since 2013.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Love to interrupt the ads with some more ads.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Oh look Tunic finally got a release date, I thought that game was never going to come out.

Some time in March.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1469102720460247045

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hyped for King of Fighters.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Dec 22, 2021

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Holy gently caress Homeworld 3 looks so amazing.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Whoever owns Telltale is making an Expanse game?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it's space game o'clock apparently

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Comrade Fakename posted:

Whoever owns Telltale is making an Expanse game?

Oh poo poo, it’s actually made by the Life Is Strange (the newer games) people.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I'll play the Expanse telltale game, Cara Gee owns

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Is this the Game Awards live posting thread or is there one dedicated t it?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So the Game Awards are showing trailers and giving out awards at least 20 minutes before the actual start of show time.

.. so what is the difference?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Comrade Fakename posted:

Oh poo poo, it’s actually made by the Life Is Strange (the newer games) people.

I saw Deck Nine's logo at the bottom. I know they'd been working on another project, but I'm not sure what their relation is with reconstituted Telltale. Maybe some kind of joint thing?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

ImpAtom posted:

So the Game Awards are showing trailers and giving out awards at least 20 minutes before the actual start of show time.

It's just the "less important" stuff I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I am guessing sponsorship tiers.

Also lol that they dumped their Games for Impact award here, not even something for the main show