Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Huh thanks, I owe Android Apocalypse an apology. Android Apocalypse, sorry for posting an ignorant contradiction to your internet post, particularly when a quick read showed how misguided my understanding was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

My amazing pirate analogy wasn't really supposed to be about drug addiction or addicts though, I probably hosed that up pretty hard. It's more that we broadcasted ourselves as being a beacon for the scummiest street people in the country, most of them probably not even addicts, and I'll stand by that poo poo all day. Not sure if the bussing thing happened here.

AHH F/UGH fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Dec 10, 2021

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Some crossover with the I hate cars thread:
https://twitter.com/edwardlamb/status/1468681269722636294

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

AHH F/UGH posted:

My amazing pirate analogy wasn't really supposed to be about drug addiction or addicts though, I probably hosed that up pretty hard. It's more that we broadcasted ourselves as being a beacon for the scummiest street people in the country, most of them probably not even addicts, and I'll stand by that poo poo all day. Not sure if the bussing thing happened here.

keep digging

p_e_z_z
Feb 27, 2020

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

:dudsmile:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

AHH F/UGH posted:

My favourite part was the Dance, puppets! reply.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's like Nelson being made to walk the streets with his pants down getting laughed at and condiments squirted on him, going 'haha. rent free'

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Then I hope you guys one day get to experience what it’s like seeing your city completely overrun with tweakers and petty thievery in a year in that case.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

AHH F/UGH posted:

Then I hope you guys one day get to experience what it’s like seeing your city completely overrun with tweakers and petty thievery in a year in that case.

A badly handled good idea doesn't make the idea not good. You loving moron.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

I liked when Bender compared Eugene Oregon to Bumbase Alpha on Futurama.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yeah but if we install bike lanes and put some restrictions on cars, we broadcasted ourselves as being a beacon for the scummiest bike people in the country, most of them probably not even hobbyists, and I'll stand by that poo poo all day. Not sure if busses are a thing here.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I sleep on this thread a little sometimes but I'm glad I was around to witness one of the great modern forum legacies

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

There are too many addicts nowadays. Please eliminate three. I am not a crackpot.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

This thread is never better than when it's memeing itself.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:dudsmile:

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

gently caress these are all so good but these two had me dying

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Mr. Fix It posted:

Never forget that The Simpsons creator Matt Goering is from Portland, Oregon. In the city's past it was rumored that actual Shanghai tunnels were used to kidnap drunks, who were then forced into labor on ships heading to Asia.

And in the 80's President George H.W. Bush called the city "Little Beirut" due to the sheer number of vitriolic protesters.

Then 2020 happened & the city was labeled an "Anarchist Jurisdiction."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__HBBf_eDLM

I love this city.

holttho
May 21, 2007

e: drat you, spelling!

holttho fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Dec 10, 2021

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Android Apocalypse posted:

Never forget that The Simpsons creator Matt Goering is from Portland, Oregon. In the city's past it was rumored that actual Shanghai tunnels were used to kidnap drunks, who were then forced into labor on ships heading to Asia.

And in the 80's President George H.W. Bush called the city "Little Beirut" due to the sheer number of vitriolic protesters.

Then 2020 happened & the city was labeled an "Anarchist Jurisdiction."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__HBBf_eDLM

I love this city.

My friend used to work in a pub that had a tunnel that ran about 50 yards to a corner of a shed inside the old West India Docks in London, and nobody's quite sure what it was for. Smuggling seems like the most obvious thing but the shed it ran to was a) on the export dock and people would probably have noticed contraband - at least contraband big enough to be worth digging a tunnel for - being moved all the way over to the export dock, and b) all the high-value (and high-tax) cargo got unloaded in a completely different set of docks almost 2 miles upstream. Also smuggling stuff into London was an absolute piece of piss anyway - it's almost 50 miles from the sea and there were loads of lightermen willing to offload stuff surreptitiously on the estuary and land it at Barking or Woolwich, safely away from the Revenue.

It was probably actually just used to go steal stuff from the export docks - the docks in London, but particularly the West India Docks, were almost always used for importation of unfinished goods but the export of finished ones, and it makes more sense to steal the gin on the way out than the grain on the way in.

What was particularly fun is that literally everyone who'd grown up in the area knew about the tunnel in the cellar of the Blacksmith's Arms... apart from the people who bought it to turn it into a restaurant and the developers of a skyscraper across the road, who were both rather surprised when the latter dug into and collapsed the tunnel, blowing out a wall in the kitchen of the restaurant.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

lol

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Dec 10, 2021

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Never forget that The Simpsons creator Matt Goering

I know why people don't like the guy but calling him Göring is still a bit much.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

AHH F/UGH posted:

Drink-Mix Man fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Dec 10, 2021

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
WELCOME
THRILLMO

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

literally just now noticed that THRILLHO and MILHOUSE are the same length, meaning that Milhouse COULD have just fit his entire name, but felt that replacing the beginning with "thrill" was more important to him

I'm kinda dumb I guess

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
https://i.imgur.com/4wF8JcH.mp4

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It's weird, I've watched every early Simpsons episode at least several times but I don't remember the St. Swithens Day thing at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Phlegmish posted:

It's weird, I've watched every early Simpsons episode at least several times but I don't remember the St. Swithens Day thing at all

It's the weird Edwardian style play Bart wrote after he broke his leg and thought Ned murdered his wife. The one with the pool.