Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
vga manly grown up gamer review

yay:

Elden Ring, jeff demigod of pepsi max or something? Poggers? Poggers

Nay:

a bunch of poo poo for children, LAME

Godbless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

DemoneeHo posted:

I had more fun watching the login queue for FF14 than I did watching the VGAs. Only half as long, too.

You must have missed out when everyone was making fun of his "normal pills" music video

he must have not gotten the Good poo poo, smh at people not giving out dexxies anymore

(the actual interview seemed pretty innocuous tbh, some people just react badly to pills)

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Rarity posted:

- Open world Sonic???

Low key kind of excited for this, think it'll give us an opportunity to really, truly go fast

Though modern Sonic is uh, well, a real mixed bag so we'll see

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

The guy who writes the sonic comics is now doing the story for a mainline sonic game

https://twitter.com/IanFlynnBKC/status/1469319422359842820

Cool as hell

it rules and i couldn't be happier for him. dreams do come true

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I buy every Sonic and I will buy this one. Hope it’s broken in a fun way instead of just being a boring nothing like Forces

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

DemoneeHo posted:

I had more fun watching the login queue for FF14 than I did watching the VGAs. Only half as long, too.

You must have missed out when everyone was making fun of his "normal pills" music video

Oh poo poo, I remember that. Specifically, I remember people pointing out that you can tell from the instructions on the container that the normal pills aren't actually psychiatric medicine, they're clearly antibiotics.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

DemoneeHo posted:

Having just watched this music video...

what the actual gently caress is this poo poo?

He has depression and I guess he should throw out medication and just put on a happy face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i2FOyu5rDI

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Looper posted:

it rules and i couldn't be happier for him. dreams do come true

Dude is literally living some childhood dream being able to write new stories for a beloved game series even being able create new characters for it.

It's loving wild and I'm happy for him too.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I prefer the Triple-Q version of that song, personally

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

DemoneeHo posted:

why are you people making fun of this? it really resonates with me,,, i only post as khanstant so people think i am a fun lady licking a fake cactus always down for japes and jokes because thats all they want from you but in reality i am crying and sad because im not normal enough

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ian flynn and tracy yardley's first issue was 160 and it really cannot be overstated how much of an absurd jump in quality that issue represents. the year leading up to it was probably the worst the comic ever got: dire storylines like this, the other main writer had just quit so penders is flying solo, a new editor was struggling in vain to request stories people actually wanted instead of penders' regular garbage

155 is very bad but it does feature some great panels of tails getting trolled

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
afaik dream is where “parasocial Internet personality” crosses the line into “cult leader,” his fanbase is massive and frothing and he encourages them to be moreso whenever possible

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
this is why vtubers are better

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I forget was last years content creator winner an okay person?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Feels Villeneuve posted:

this is why vtubers are better

How many of them are Gamer of the Year

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Golden Goat posted:

She lip synched the vocals for corpse husband in machine gun Kelly's music video.

She also got mired in controversy when her stream started hawking scam skincare products designed to protect you from blue light

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Golden Goat posted:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-10-20-streamer-valkyrae-faces-backlash-for-new-gamer-skincare-range

Eh, there is worse

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

She lip synched the vocals for corpse husband in machine gun Kelly's music video.

She also got mired in controversy when her stream started hawking scam skincare products designed to protect you from blue light

Pretty minor stuff. The rest had sexual assault allegations against them, or said a bunch of white supremacist / nazi stuff.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am definitely familiar with the track record of all the trending gamers

Except shroud who I know only because he seems like the blandest public personality in history, I cannot recall anything besides "ninja but blander"

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Well they're getting slightly better I guess.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Except shroud who I know only because he seems like the blandest public personality in history, I cannot recall anything besides "ninja but blander"

More bland people please.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the bland leading the bland

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Destiny and Asmongold are the only two gamers worth listening to, kind of the wise voices of a gamer generation representative of you all.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am definitely familiar with the track record of all the trending gamers

I love my ninja blander, it makes my breakfast gruel so easily

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Grapplejack posted:

bro what the gently caress did they do to gollum

What the gently caress did they do to my BOY!??

Like... how could you gently caress it up that bad. Literally just copy the movie version

Comrade Fakename posted:

It would be nice if Psychonauts won something, it really is fantastic.

I can't believe some of the games it lost to lol. Bad

Gripweed posted:

Oh poo poo, I remember that. Specifically, I remember people pointing out that you can tell from the instructions on the container that the normal pills aren't actually psychiatric medicine, they're clearly antibiotics.

There are definitely legitimate questions about whether dosing children with amphetamines because they have trouble focusing is a good idea. If it were anything else, and especially if it were depression medication, I'd feel a lot differently.

That being said from the music video it's not immediately apparent that that's what it is so yeah it's pretty bad

Also all streamers/vtubers/whatever are loving garbage who produce nothing of value, try and prove me wrong

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

my best friend's birthday is coming up and I was thinking about buying him a game on PlayStation to replace Overwatch, which we have played to death over the past five plus years

what's something I could get that we could play together and I can similarly get him hooked on improving at

he's not interested in the Call of Duties and Battlefields and what have you

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Apex Legend? Its got hero move sets, squads of 3, and is a different kind of objective mode

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Play posted:

There are definitely legitimate questions about whether dosing children with amphetamines because they have trouble focusing is a good idea. If it were anything else, and especially if it were depression medication, I'd feel a lot differently.

That being said from the music video it's not immediately apparent that that's what it is so yeah it's pretty bad

the original interview which started the controversy was pretty mild, people just get a bit weird about mental health medication online for some reason. the music video is bad though lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

my best friend's birthday is coming up and I was thinking about buying him a game on PlayStation to replace Overwatch, which we have played to death over the past five plus years

what's something I could get that we could play together and I can similarly get him hooked on improving at

i hear take two the company made a really good game y'all can play together

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Play posted:

What the gently caress did they do to my BOY!??

Like... how could you gently caress it up that bad. Literally just copy the movie version

It reminds me of early FMVs from the PS1/2 days.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Play posted:

I mean the lyrics literally say "why are you so sad?", mention he lies in bed all day and "You won't see me cryin'" so it's not hard to think it's depression medication.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Barudak posted:

IIRC they mentioned this years ago but their strategy with releases now is to basically not show much until fairly shortly before launch (2-3 monthsish) because people's memory/attention isn't that long and also because they can show finalized product.

More Metroid Dread style announcements and releases, please!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Khanstant posted:

Destiny and Asmongold are the only two gamers worth listening to, kind of the wise voices of a gamer generation representative of you all.
they suck too

only listen to supergreatfriend as he plays obscure ps1 horror games no one's ever heard of

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

RBA Starblade posted:

How many of them are Gamer of the Year
The Game Award picks are by a select group of about 100 major media/influencer outlets and as such represent the general base-level gamer base. Vtubers are outside their bias range.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

grieving for Gandalf posted:

he's not interested in the Call of Duties and Battlefields and what have you

Get him the Gundam Battle Operation: Code Fairy pack. It has the singleplayer from Code fairy and stuff you can use in the free to play multiplayer Gundam Battle Operation

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Could someone help me? I'm trying to remember the name of that one furry gamer who was very outspoken and also very good at... fighting games?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Jay Rust posted:

Could someone help me? I'm trying to remember the name of that one furry gamer who was very outspoken and also very good at... fighting games?

sonicfox

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

hell yeah, thanks

named the "Esports Player of the Year" at The Game Awards 2018, but "Trending Gamer" of my heart

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SonicFox is really awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
also this is beyond the scope of the thread probably but giving amphetamines to children probably has a better track record than the history of giving Paxil to children, there's a reason SSRIs have black box warnings