Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

also this is beyond the scope of the thread probably but giving amphetamines to children probably has a better track record than the history of giving Paxil to children, there's a reason SSRIs have black box warnings

A lot of problems with the world today would be solved if kids were still allowed to smoke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Announcements last night that i'm excited for:
Alan Wake 2
Forspoken
Hellblade 2
Sonic Frontiers
The Expanse
Tunic
Homeworld 3
Cuphead DLC

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I'm looking forward to Sonic of the colossus

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

I said come in! posted:

Announcements last night that i'm excited for:
Alan Wake 2
Forspoken
Hellblade 2
Sonic Frontiers
The Expanse
Tunic
Homeworld 3
Cuphead DLC

Pretty much same except Sonic Frontiers doesn't thrill me, and I'd be infinitely more interested in The Expanse if it wasn't a freaking tell-tale game and was an actual good game with interesting gameplay and systems.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm trying to think of how you could gamify the Expanse space game in like an action kind of way and I think the way it might work is kind of like Sekiro in space. Encounters are fast and brutal up close...longer distance I'm not sure. PDCs hard counter most things (except rail guns, which at range are stupidly easy to evade) so it becomes more about wearing your enemy down or overwhelming them with way more torpedos than you have any right to be firing.

It might need a pause button though, which is obviously very different.

Narrative style avoids a lot of this complexity but can still give you interesting stuff and lots of drama. We'll see I guess.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Play posted:

Pretty much same except Sonic Frontiers doesn't thrill me, and I'd be infinitely more interested in The Expanse if it wasn't a freaking tell-tale game and was an actual good game with interesting gameplay and systems.

Apparently Telltale is mainly just publishing the game, Deck Nine of Life is Strange fame is doing most of the work from what I hear.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Larryb posted:

Apparently Telltale is mainly just publishing the game, Deck Nine of Life is Strange fame is doing most of the work from what I hear.

Maybe a little better but I'd want some kind of action/adventure/RPG kind of thing which is obviously not what we're going to get.

I'd even settle for an RTS or some other kind of strategy game but that narrative format is just boring to me at this point. Similar issue to the Quantic Dreams star wars thing, yeah David Cage sucks balls but also Quantic Dreams makes boring games

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Gripweed posted:

A lot of problems with the world today would be solved if kids were still allowed to smoke.

same, but replace 'work in mines and on ships' instead of smoke, imo

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I was like "wow cool" about the Star Wars thing until it said Quantic Dream and then I deflated and said "aw man, it's gonna suck"

Play
Apr 25, 2006

should've been star wars pod racer

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Star Wars Pod Racing game by Quantic Dream, let's compromise.

(Or, real answer, get the old FZero GX crew back together now that Nagoshi has left Sega, and THEN have the story by Quantic Dream)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Chieves posted:

Star Wars Pod Racing game by Quantic Dream, let's compromise.

press Y to Yippeee!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bungie CEO addressed toxic behavior at their studio, and what they are doing to address it https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50895

quote:

First, I want to apologize to anyone who has ever experienced anything less than a safe, fair, and professional working environment at Bungie. I am not here to refute or to challenge the experiences we're seeing shared today by people who have graced our studio with their time and talent. Our actions or, in some cases, inactions, caused these people pain. I apologize personally and on behalf of everyone at Bungie who I know feels a deep sense of empathy and sadness reading through these accounts.

Over the last several years, we have worked to make significant changes at Bungie:
We have removed bad actors from our studio without respect to their tenure, seniority, or interpersonal relationships – an action we can take only when brave people come forward or when bad behavior is conducted out in the open. We have not always been transparent about what led to their removal or as swift as we should have been, but we will not tolerate toxic behavior from anyone. Being a “rockstar” is no excuse, no matter how celebrated someone’s track record is.
We are now reading and digesting the full story for the first time today. We believe the people whose behavior warranted removal from our company have been terminated or are no longer working for Bungie, but if new information comes to light – whether through this story or by named or anonymous people coming forward – we will act on that information and investigate with integrity.
We have focused on better planning and more reasonable release dates, including the recent delays of Shadowkeep, Beyond Light, and The Witch Queen to prioritize team health, while still delivering the quality and polish our community expects.
We have reconstituted and invested in our efforts toward a stronger inclusion, diversity, and equity approach at Bungie, driven in part by the ongoing conversations from our own people and the stories surfacing in our industry. These efforts include the reformation of the Bungie Diversity Committee, the creation of several new employee-led inclusion clubs, such as Black@Bungie, Women@Bungie, Trans@Bungie, and Accessibility@Bungie (with more on the way), along with the hiring of dedicated and highly respected leaders to better support our clubs, our people, and to focus on inclusion, diversity, and equity at Bungie.
In 2021, we started to conduct reviews of our hiring, compensation, and promotion practices. This includes a compensation audit conducted by a third party to identify and address potential inequities. We are continuing to examine and redesign our people systems and processes to correct unintentional outcomes and ensure inequity cannot be built into a murky system.
Since 2018, we’ve been tracking our team composition and sharing the numbers openly with everyone at our studio. Today, I'd like to share our progress with you
Over the past five years, we have increased the number of employees who identify as women and people from underrepresented communities now at Bungie to 20.5% and 18.6% of the company, respectively.
In 2021, 31% and 23% of our total hires are employees who identify as women and people from underrepresented communities, respectively.
At the leadership level, 22.5% and 20% of our leaders identify as women or people from underrepresented communities, respectively. The leadership level at Bungie is defined as decision makers who have serious impact on the overall success of major initiatives, who are responsible for the impact and careers of entire departments of people, and who drive the long-term success of the studio.
Today, women or people from underrepresented communities comprise 50% of Bungie’s board of directors. In addition, 40% of Bungie’s executive team are women or people from underrepresented communities.
This past September, we published an update covering our recent and planned inclusion, diversity, and equity efforts, which includes the removal of the mandatory arbitration clause for current and future employees.
You can read our full September report on Bungie.net, and we will continue sharing more updates in the future. While we are far from where we want to be, we are encouraged by the positive trend we are seeing to hire more diverse talent from around the world, especially among those just beginning their journey in the gaming industry. This work is ongoing and demands vigilance to ensure continual improvement.

I’m heartened by the progress we have made, but it is not enough, and it has taken too long. It also does not sweep away the bad experiences people have had at our studio.

As CEO, it is my job to factor both the past and the future and be accountable for all of it, here and now. Speaking with the team at Bungie, reading the stories, and seeing both known and newly surfaced accounts, it is clear we still have work ahead of us.

I am committed to it. We are not yet the studio we have the potential to become, but we are on our way. And we will not rest or slow these efforts because we recognize that the journey of inclusivity, diversity, and equity is, in itself, the destination we all strive towards. This is critical to achieving our vision and fulfilling the potential of the welcoming, equitable home of creative and technical excellence Bungie should be.

The phrase, “Boldly, to the stars” has fueled our creative engine since the beginning. We take this same spirit of hope and improvement to the crucial human work in front of us. Our current and future actions around the care of our people will define Bungie's future and is our most important purpose. We are grateful and humbled to continue this work and are energized by the journey ahead.
-pete

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

we are going to "vault" our HR department. we will bring it back for a seasonal event, but you have to pay $100 to access it

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Seems very explicitly calling out Marty O'Donnell there at the top.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/Java_jigga/status/1469163122829053955?t=KNSCEEmg4PkvB-j6O2VeJA&s=19

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

That is outstanding.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I said come in! posted:

Bungie CEO addressed toxic behavior at their studio, and what they are doing to address it https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50895

The reason this was posted is this report of what the toxic behavior actually was, and it's both pretty grim and pretty hopeful.

Sad lol at this bit, though:

quote:

Among many of our sources was a cognizance that, in a strange way, Bungie was better than many other game studios.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I should have known that my advent calendar plans would evaporate on contact with Endwalker, I have to resign myself to making it an aspirational list rather than give myself more anxiety in trying to keep up... I barely manage to do my Persona 5 daily session lol and I am going to have to find some time to do the palace this weekend....

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Grouchio posted:

The Game Award picks are by a select group of about 100 major media/influencer outlets and as such represent the general base-level gamer base. Vtubers are outside their bias range.

So, none of them :grin:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I still can't believe Sonic the Hedgehog won every category.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I said come in! posted:

he really ran away with them

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Play posted:

Also all streamers/vtubers/whatever are loving garbage who produce nothing of value, try and prove me wrong

Vinesauce Vinny, Vinesauce Joel, RTGame, and Jerma are all good

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

The 7th Guest posted:

we are going to "vault" our HR department. we will bring it back for a seasonal event, but you have to pay $100 to access it

Lmao well now I know what I'm recommending at my next leadership meeting

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

man i would like to play a new dune RTS

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Dunerts

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
...here, we must scrabble for dunerts power...

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

I said come in! posted:

heck, he deserved them too

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Looper posted:

heck, he deserved them too

They should never have introduced the Horniest Fandom award

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rarity posted:

They should never have introduced the Horniest Fandom award

I doubt Sonic is even in the top 10 for that these days

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it's resident evil, as evidenced by the best performance award

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ImpAtom posted:

I doubt Sonic is even in the top 10 for that these days

I don't

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

haveblue posted:

it's resident evil, as evidenced by the best performance award

Only because the cowards at Nintendo refuse to put Bowsette in a game :argh:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What ARE the top ten Horniest fandoms?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

probably in heavy overlap with top ten largest fandoms

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

It's probably not in the top 10 but XCOM 2 made people pretty horny for snake titties

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

probably in heavy overlap with top ten largest fandoms

idk if Overwatch is that big anymore

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Animal Crossing
Tony the Tiger
My Hero Academia
Ducktales
Gravity Falls
The Lorax
Pokémon
Steven Universe
Undertale/Deltarune
Touhou

Are all hornier than Sonic fans theses days

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Jay Rust posted:

Stardew Valley
Hades
Luigi's Mansion
Gran Turismo
Mario & Sonic at the Olympics
KOTOR
Dark Souls
Factorio
Cave Story
Halo Wars
CRASH Bandicoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Big news everyone. More vtuber navigators have been added to Groove Coaster: Wai Wai Party!!!