Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Big news everyone. More vtuber navigators have been added to Groove Coaster: Wai Wai Party!!!

This one is probably close to the top of the list actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I should have known that my advent calendar plans would evaporate on contact with Endwalker, I have to resign myself to making it an aspirational list rather than give myself more anxiety in trying to keep up... I barely manage to do my Persona 5 daily session lol and I am going to have to find some time to do the palace this weekend....

I hope you're at least getting overtime for this, jeez. Tell your boss to lay off a bit, you're already working as hard as you can

FirstAidKite posted:

Vinesauce Vinny, Vinesauce Joel, RTGame, and Jerma are all good

I believe you believe that, but I don't know who those people are. I'm sure they are good and pleasant but I have trouble believing they add much value to.... anything, really.

I'm just being smarmy though. I don't like streamers, I find the whole concept pretty awful so of course I feel this way.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Streamers are just entertainers like any other kind of entertainer. They stream video games and chat the same way, like, a sports radio host discusses sports and chats for a few hours on the radio every day. I don't really watch any streamers either but, eh, just another way to be an entertainer with an audience.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

haveblue posted:

it's resident evil, as evidenced by the best performance award

It's wild that the chick who voices the big lady is herself like 6'6"

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

FirstAidKite posted:

Are you me?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

No that's firstaidkite

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There’s nothing horny about wanting to be stepped on by an unnaturally tall slender lady with pronounced cleavage who is visibly disgusted by you :shrug:

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Jay Rust posted:

There’s nothing horny about wanting to be stepped on by an unnaturally tall slender lady with pronounced cleavage who is visibly disgusted by you :shrug:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

hatty posted:

Animal Crossing
Tony the Tiger
My Hero Academia
Ducktales
Gravity Falls
The Lorax
Pokémon
Steven Universe
Undertale/Deltarune
Touhou

Are all hornier than Sonic fans theses days
You guys are forgetting Fate/Grand Order, Genshin Impact and Nier

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
im horny, for silksong news

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Grouchio posted:

You guys are forgetting Fate/Grand Order, Genshin Impact and Nier

Yeah it's fate, danganronpa and Idk Persona or something

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Sonic isn't horny, he's spiny :eng101:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Harrow posted:

Streamers are just entertainers like any other kind of entertainer. They stream video games and chat the same way, like, a sports radio host discusses sports and chats for a few hours on the radio every day. I don't really watch any streamers either but, eh, just another way to be an entertainer with an audience.

Well sure, but I think we can all agree that there are both superior and inferior forms of entertainment. Sports radio host is an appropriate comparison because they are also lovely, useless time wasters (and I like and follow sports). 'Entertainment' that isn't very entertaining and also doesn't really add anything of value to your life is bad entertainment.

It's also a sort of parasitic form of entertainment. It's like if instead of being a truly funny comedian I just laugh at truly funny comedians and that's entertaining for some reason. Or instead of making movies I just film myself watching them. I don't think it's a coincidence that the best/most popular streamers seem to generally be massive pieces of poo poo.

Yes, yes I know I'm just lovely old curmudgeon but it's how I feel

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I too prefer to spend my time with things that add much value to society. Like posting in the Something Awful Forums.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Play posted:

I don't think it's a coincidence that the best/most popular streamers seem to generally be massive pieces of poo poo.

I have some bad news about comedians and movie makers

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Muscle Tracer posted:

Sonic isn't horny, he's spiny :eng101:

i think it's spelled 'spinny'

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Big news everyone. More vtuber navigators have been added to Groove Coaster: Wai Wai Party!!!
drat who did they add

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

homeless snail posted:

drat who did they add

according to the news it is tokino sora and gawr gura and they are fully voiced

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Thats Sick. does it come with tokino sora songs, did they add guruguru love story...

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oh kirameki rider and reflect, well, those are good songs also

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
tbh that game reminds me I still need to get one of those vertical screen grips for playing arcade games

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Play posted:

I believe you believe that, but I don't know who those people are. I'm sure they are good and pleasant but I have trouble believing they add much value to.... anything, really.

Some good vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Re7r-48BzI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AylSEBh8dj4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aSLVMBLzFU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLcTwC9eSKM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0fm2lRrEg0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lofR-R_rFJ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE528XUWAtM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFGglXjZ4vc

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

jerma is god tier

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

oddium posted:

jerma is god tier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUFvHfaOPDA

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What does the v in vtuber stand for? I bet it stands for, very bad (do not watch)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Jay Rust posted:

What does the v in vtuber stand for? I bet it stands for, very bad (do not watch)

the v stands for video games

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

Virtual, as in (Idols who get to keep their anominity and not have to worry about stalkers or retiring after age 25)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

voober

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

well you see it all started with Kizuna Ai, who in the fiction of her character was a super advanced AI that began a youtube account in order to better understand humanity, in other words she was a Virtual Youtuber (bachiru yuuchuuba). following her success, kizuna ai imitators popped up with their own not necessarily virtual character concepts and sometimes their own names for the kind of thing they were, however eventually via the process of acclimation, vtuber became the predominant nomenclature. notably nijisanji, either the first or second most popular agency depending on how you count things, calls their members virtual livers because they also do stuff on niconico (but otherwise people on niconico or bilibili still call themselves vtuber). thank you for reading my essay

Gripweed posted:

the v stands for video games
common mistake but the best vtubers dont play video games

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I think a JAV about whatever a Rustuber is would be horrifying

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Barudak posted:

Nothing but Krokodil

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

Tomato is pretty good, I'd put him on Vinny tier

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Barudak posted:

it says jay the y is just incredibly large above the line

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

well you see it all started with Kizuna Ai, who in the fiction of her character was a super advanced AI that began a youtube account in order to better understand humanity

Lol swing and a miss ai

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Virtual, as in (Idols who get to keep their anominity and not have to worry about stalkers or retiring after age 25)

You see female empowerment, I see gross corporate abuse. No I will not read any articles on the subject, I got gamez to play

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/108/status/1469553815162658817

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Mods rename me Crackson Biffklod.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU