Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Really hoping to get the deets on Astor and Cody at some point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

George H.W. oval office posted:

Really hoping to get the deets on Astor and Cody at some point

"They died. Cancer. Pancreatic."

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Is Harrison the one that got injured by the treadmill? I demand a scene where he's in the gym at school and sees a treadmill and is irrationally afraid of it for no reason and Head Trinity shows up to tell him that he's a monster because he fell on the treadmill once and he needs to kill people with a treadmill and that will be his calling card.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
astor is the podcaster and is going to murder dexter

cody is the rich guy

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Cody was the animal that was shot on tribal lands

RIP

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Drive bys motherfucka

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Aha, Harrison has been working with Ghost Doakes for years to track down his killer

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Drive bys motherfucka

lol what the hell

if anyone does do a rewatch, try and follow along with the old threads. they make it way more enjoyable

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Devorum posted:

To be fair, this is an extremely realistic example. Plenty of lives have been ruined because a cop/cop adjacent didn't think someone's grief was griefy enough.

American cops are, generally, pretty bad at their jobs and let their "gut" lead them instead of evidence.
I'm way late in watching but I wanted to say how funny it is that you posted this before the latest episode and we got to see Batista literally say that you should follow your gut when you're a cop.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

You'd think the other kids Dexter abandoned would also come out in therapy.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
New ep!

lol @ New Deb deciding to spring it on him that she knows he faked his death using their little sex power game

"But somehow I survived" I guess they're just gonna yadda yadda yadda through explaining how he made it through the storm that destroyed the boat he was on

Bay Harbor Butcher truther!

Chekov's nunchucks

Ghost Deb is way too normal this episode. This show doesn't need a new James Remar.

Molly, I thought you were smarter than this

New Deb even sounds like Deb when she's upset

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
was that a slightly accurate* representation of therapy??? show has really gone downhill

compared to "yeah trauma or whatever, my actual job is convincing you to gently caress your brother" and "kid touched blood, it's got a taste for human flesh now, best you can do is raise it as a serial killer," not compared to how it appears in reality or other media

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
i hate that i'm enjoying the show even when it seems be veering towards superhero dexter having to save everyones day

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

that was pretty crazy and had some genuinely funny scenes. dexter really is doing a terrible job with harrison but pretty much every relationship with kurt feels forced. like dexter just strolling into his prison which while funny was utterly ridiculous. i'm hoping it'll get better with them being active enemies.

Centusin posted:

i hate that i'm enjoying the show even when it seems be veering towards superhero dexter having to save everyones day

yeah it's what i'm expecting. there's no way the writers would be brave enough to do anything crazy and mix it up like make harrison turn out to be evil or kill off Dexter etc

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

big gulps (and a camera, and a door that locks from the outside) huh? well, see ya later!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Dexter New Blood: Too Many loving Tuna Sandwiches

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Centusin posted:

Molly even drops the b-word

Batman

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I need a blood spatter analyst for this mummified corpse

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I need a blood spatter analyst for this mummified corpse

She didn't read his file too closely

Funniest moment in the episode was Dexter blatantly lying to the therapist IN FRONT OF HARRISON about his wife's brutal murder

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
also we've seen clancy brown's MO; he picks up chicks in broad daylight by making repeated contact with them and eventually whisking them off in his personal truck, visible for all his regulars and any visiting true crime podcasters to see

if only there had been a single person in town working on that case and capable of basic pattern recognition, a lot of those transients might have been saved

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

also we've seen clancy brown's MO; he picks up chicks in broad daylight by making repeated contact with them and eventually whisking them off in his personal truck, visible for all his regulars and any visiting true crime podcasters to see

if only there had been a single person in town working on that case and capable of basic pattern recognition, a lot of those transients might have been saved

The police chief cares, but only enough to look at photos of the missing women in her office. She doesn't care enough to actually investigate.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
"Has anyone seen this girl who was last seen at the truckstop?" probably would have been a great place to start.

Even better if she asked the people at the truckstop.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Well I'm glad they didn't drag out that Dexter Morgan reveal out. "Are you gonna keep my secret?" :v:

Man, if only the therapist was Doakes with glasses. No one mentions it when the therapist starts calling him a creepy motherfucker.

lol the relationship scene with the deputy.

e: Harrison is 100% going to have to pick between his 2 serial killer dads in the season finale, isn't he?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Dec 12, 2021

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i love to read the reactions before watching the episode. It's the only way to guarantee entertainment.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Fortunately, Batista tipped off Angela that you need to use pattern recognition to find serial killers, so the case may finally be on the verge of getting solved.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dexter trying to lock Kurt into his own loving cage was the funniest loving thing.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

PostNouveau posted:

The police chief cares, but only enough to look at photos of the missing women in her office. She doesn't care enough to actually investigate.

The old LaGuerta Technique.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

MiddleOne posted:

Dexter trying to lock Kurt into his own loving cage was the funniest loving thing.

That was loving hilarious.

This show is actually kind of good and fun to watch.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Man, if only the therapist was Doakes with glasses. No one mentions it when the therapist starts calling him a creepy motherfucker.

"In therapy, everybody CRIES, MOTHER FUCKER"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
lmao this whole scene with dexter popping into kurts murder hotel with molly and clancy

"you betcha"

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i enjoyed molly having to dance around the fact she knew she was about to die and dexter quite obviously saved her life in that car ride back to town

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
the preview seemed to indicate angela knows dexter a murderer, wonder if she knows about his whole thing or if he just has to admit one murder or two.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I must have missed it, but what part gave you that impression? It seemed like she just was wanting someone with forensic experience to help.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

this show has some genuine pathos goddamn

i loved how all of Dexter's little machinations and lies by omission don't work anymore because it's not 2007 and reddit and podcasts exist

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

if/when Harrison finds out about Dexter he's probably going to think he killed Rita

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

CODChimera posted:

if/when Harrison finds out about Dexter he's probably going to think he killed Rita

Head Trinity convinces him that Dexter was the one who did it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

I must have missed it, but what part gave you that impression? It seemed like she just was wanting someone with forensic experience to help.

Something like Dexter "...but he's a serial killer / murderer!" othervoice: so are you! come to think of it might well have just been dead sister

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

This series has been good. I'm glad Dexter got another shot at a non-Scott Buck season.

Caros
May 14, 2008

clown shoes posted:

The old LaGuerta Technique.

Repeatedly circles 'last seen at truck stop' on a piece of paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It took Dexter mildly paying attention to catch the truck stop owner who was kidnapping girls last seen at truck stops. Maybe Angela should get off her high horse after she had to learn "serial killers = pattern" at Angel's "learn about crime" seminar.