Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

JazzFlight posted:

If anything, everyone should check out their awesome homage to the CC open:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqYEivU9_Bg

Well drat just installed again. Really hope SE can reuse some of these assets for a CC remastered edition. Mitsuda's music is so, so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

cirus posted:

Really hope SE can reuse some of these assets for a CC remastered edition.

Rumor has it that SE being about to release a remaster is why they're doing a collab in the first place.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Just started, what banner should I use my free pull on?

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Just started, what banner should I use my free pull on?

3000 Year &c.

It's the one with the mermaid.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Qylvaran posted:

3000 Year &c.

It's the one with the mermaid.

The fateful encounter or the other one?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Since I only played a bit when it first came out, I'm waaaaaayyyyy behind on content. My team is level 30 at most.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

GoodluckJonathan posted:

The fateful encounter or the other one?

Fateful is paid only, so the other one.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Was there an automatic hero update at some point? I'm certain I didn't have Azami and Gariyu at 5* before I stopped playing.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Qylvaran posted:

Fateful is paid only, so the other one.

Oh I see, I see. Thanks! Got Melina 🤔

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Oh I see, I see. Thanks! Got Melina 🤔

It's not like other gachas where you've got a huge chance of getting the featured pull as opposed to any other rare pulls. Off banner 5 stars are going to happen pretty frequently.

Melina comes in four flavors. Which did you get? Her ES (fist weapon type. It has a Stand) is a great support unit, and decent DPS early on.

Also, I forgot about the Brilliant Encounter. You'll want to pull on that once you have another 1k stones (you can only do one 10-pull) since you're guaranteed at least a potential 5 star, and they're almost all new to you.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

This was a ton of fun. One of the few gachas I actually spent a little money on. Alas, it looks like my account may have disappeared when I temporarily deleted to clear up space. Are there any decent LPs for Another Eden? It might be kinda fun zipping through the late game story I missed.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

avoraciopoctules posted:

This was a ton of fun. One of the few gachas I actually spent a little money on. Alas, it looks like my account may have disappeared when I temporarily deleted to clear up space. Are there any decent LPs for Another Eden? It might be kinda fun zipping through the late game story I missed.

If you contact support you should be able to recover your account, especially if you ever spent money on it! I don't know about LPs, but most quests and campaigns are on youtube.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Should I start now or when the collab comes out? How/what do i reroll for?

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

Should I start now or when the collab comes out? How/what do i reroll for?

I think the free 1k stones for starting doesn't start get distributed until the collab does, so you should probably wait if you're determined to reroll. If not, you're free to start now and you'll still get the starting bonus.

Rerolling is extra non-essential in this game. 5 stars will come, and there are loads of non-gacha ones available, notably from the permanent Persona 5 and Tales of series collabs.

That said, the best available unit on rate up right now is Pizzica (the mermaid). If you by chance manage to pull Tsubame AS (not on rate up at the moment) however, the main story will be a cakewalk.

Qylvaran fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Dec 7, 2021

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Not only is rerolling non-essential, it would be extremely annoying to try to do. I can't remember exactly, but even if you rush I think it's a good 20 minutes of game before you can pull banners.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

I completely agree, but I also hate getting non-answers when asking questions about a game, so while the non-answer is correct in this case, I tried to add something useful in case they were determined to go for it.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So do you just get the CC characters? Nobgacha involved?

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Right. As you play through the event you will get them.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
That’s cool so I don’t need to reroll? Is the mermaid still good?

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

That’s cool so I don’t need to reroll? Is the mermaid still good?

Correct on both counts.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The nostalgia is strong. Had to pick Kid first but it's a hard choice!

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Man this game is annoying me with how slow it is. By slow I mean not being able to fastward through dialogue or skip music scenes and so forth. I did a 10x summon and it showed me each pull individually, and then it showed me meeting each person 1 by 1. I ain’t got time for that.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I figured I'd come back and check this out for the CC collab, but I can't get my FB backup to transfer and trying to load anything on my old phone just crashes on login. Any thoughts? I'm gonna put in a recovery request, regardless.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Dec 12, 2021

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

If you're like me and saw the "play the CC colab and get 1,000 currency" or whatever and was like, "oh, I'd better dedicate some time to this later," you don't have to worry. Just play the initial opening sequence (like 5 minutes of time) and you get paid.

I do think you need to have finished chapter 13 of the story to start the colab event.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

If you're new, don't forget to log in every day and do the free "Whisper of Time Encounter" in the "limited" section of the Gallery of Dreams. You'll most likely just get a bunch of 3* trash, but there's a ~50% chance of getting at least one 5* or 4.5* that can upgrade to 5* over the ten days that it'll run.

If you think you might come back to it, logging in each day and watching the 3.5 minutes of ads for the 70 chrono stones (gacha currency) average from the daily login + login ad + chrono stone menu ad + chest ads is a decent use of pooping time too.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

Stickman posted:

If you're new, don't forget to log in every day and do the free "Whisper of Time Encounter" in the "limited" section of the Gallery of Dreams. You'll most likely just get a bunch of 3* trash, but there's a ~50% chance of getting at least one 5* or 4.5* that can upgrade to 5* over the ten days that it'll run.

If you think you might come back to it, logging in each day and watching the 3.5 minutes of ads for the 70 chrono stones (gacha currency) average from the daily login + login ad + chrono stone menu ad + chest ads is a decent use of pooping time too.
Not only new players, I've been playing for a while and completely forgot about this! Did it now and pulled AS Elga :cool:

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Alright I read that collabs are permanent so there’s no fomo so I’m willing to give this another try. First time through I picked a random character when it asked me to choose at the beginning. This time around is there someone I should pick that’ll make things easier/faster? I also found out that the “unskippable song” thing I mentioned was a prior collab (Tales of Chronograph) and that collabs are more like side quests with their own characters. Do you all recommend doing the collabs asap to get the collab units? Are there anything easily missable or I can do wrong and gently caress up my account that I should know about?

E: I think I read that new players get 2000 free gems but the game only sent me 1000 + 600.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Going in reverse order:

There's an extra 1000 gems for starting the CC collab while the promotion is still going on (shouldn't be hard to reach the point in the story where you can start it). I don't think there's really anything you can permanently miss that you can't get elsewhere. Collab units are great to have asap, especially for f2p accounts. The free 4* choice doesn't matter much, but most people recommend Bivette.

Also, the character introductions on 10-pulls are only annoying for your first few, since after a while you will almost never get more than one or two new characters in a single pull.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

What about all the glitter things? They’re really hard to see and I’m constantly fretting about missing one.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Dec 14, 2021

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

I wouldn't restart just for that because it honestly doesn't matter much in the long run which character you pick on the initial tutorial encounter. All of the available characters are common on every encounter banner and even if you don't spend money on the game you'll be swimming in them soon enough. Four of them have 5* upgrades (meaning they are viable for late-game content) and associated side content for their upgrades, but it's all gated behind main story progression so it's pretty unlikely that you won't have them by the time you can access their side content. With the exception of May, the grind to acquire their 5* upgrade is pretty ridiculous too (though the side stories are worthwhile in and of themselves).

There are a couple of unskippable intros/conversations without fast forward, but they are few and far between!

Many of the collab characters are very nice and are worth picking up as soon as you can. I haven't had time to get the CC characters yet, but the Persona collab gets you Morgana and Joker pretty early on and they can carry you through the first story arc until you pick up stronger characters from encounters. Morgana is a decent healer/debuffer, which are in short supply in early game, and Joker can clear or near-clear most early-game trash mobs with his valor chant (leave him in reserves and swap him in during battle). They get outclassed in the late game, but you'll have better characters by then.

Violet from Part 2 of the Persona Collab has beastly slash damage and is top-tier by any standard, as is Yuri from the Tales collab. Plus they both synergize well with Cress' "slash field", which boosts slash damage and Another Force gain from slash attacks.

There's nothing critical that's missable or can get hosed up, beyond accidentally spending chrono stones in dumb ways (don't spend stones on revives). I think the closest thing is a bit at the end of the first main story arc where you get material that you can make into only one type of weapon (later two), but those are quickly outclassed anyway. All secrets, etc, can be picked up later and they're even slowly adding the ability to replay old story content if you just want to experience it again.

I think 1600k is it for the free stones, unless I missed an announcement somewhere. You'll get a lot more playing through the story - probably another 1k every 5 hours or so.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Boris Galerkin posted:

What about all the glitter things? They’re really hard to see and I’m constantly fretting about missing one.

Those are usually just material for weapons/armor and they respawn after 6 hours (real time). Sometimes it's material that mobs also drop, and sometimes it's sparkle-only material that gates how quickly you can make particular weapons or armor. Usually it's worth picking up in new areas when you see it, but missing them is fine too. If you're missing materials for something you want to make, you can check the wiki to see if it's some sparkles you might have missed!

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Stickman posted:

I wouldn't restart just for that because it honestly doesn't matter much in the long run which character you pick on the initial tutorial encounter. All of the available characters are common on every encounter banner and even if you don't spend money on the game you'll be swimming in them soon enough. Four of them have 5* upgrades (meaning they are viable for late-game content) and associated side content for their upgrades, but it's all gated behind main story progression so it's pretty unlikely that you won't have them by the time you can access their side content. With the exception of May, the grind to acquire their 5* upgrade is pretty ridiculous too (though the side stories are worthwhile in and of themselves).

There are a couple of unskippable intros/conversations without fast forward, but they are few and far between!

Many of the collab characters are very nice and are worth picking up as soon as you can. I haven't had time to get the CC characters yet, but the Persona collab gets you Morgana and Joker pretty early on and they can carry you through the first story arc until you pick up stronger characters from encounters. Morgana is a decent healer/debuffer, which are in short supply in early game, and Joker can clear or near-clear most early-game trash mobs with his valor chant (leave him in reserves and swap him in during battle). They get outclassed in the late game, but you'll have better characters by then.

Violet from Part 2 of the Persona Collab has beastly slash damage and is top-tier by any standard, as is Yuri from the Tales collab. Plus they both synergize well with Cress' "slash field", which boosts slash damage and Another Force gain from slash attacks.

There's nothing critical that's missable or can get hosed up, beyond accidentally spending chrono stones in dumb ways (don't spend stones on revives). I think the closest thing is a bit at the end of the first main story arc where you get material that you can make into only one type of weapon (later two), but those are quickly outclassed anyway. All secrets, etc, can be picked up later and they're even slowly adding the ability to replay old story content if you just want to experience it again.

I think 1600k is it for the free stones, unless I missed an announcement somewhere. You'll get a lot more playing through the story - probably another 1k every 5 hours or so.

I deleted and redownloaded the game so I had to restart anyway. I’ll pick the Bivet person unless there’s a reason to choose someone else when I get there after dinner.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Someone earlier in thread suggested I try a recovery request. Even with proof of payment, I was not able to get account back. They wanted to know stuff like everyone I had in party, last day I played, exact number of chronos stones, like 5 fields that would be impossible to verify unless I still had the ability to log in and check.

Ah well, it was a nice journey while it lasted. I'd recommend anybody still playing take a screenshot or two, it might save you some trouble down the line.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I gave them a payment and then best guesses for everything else and they gave me it back despite being totally wrong in a lot of cases. Turns out I was mid Ch12, not through 13.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Got my 1000 stones, did a 10 pull and got 4 Erina in a row. The odds of that are like 1 in 50000 which is hilariously good luck but not the kind of luck I wanted.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

On the plus side, Erina is a good 4* healer for the first half of the game and pulling her extra times gets you closer to the 2nd reward slot in dungeons! I used her up until I got Morgana's (from the P5 collab) personal weapon that bumps his healing. Her ability to heal while also dealing decent damage is invaluable when you're starting and damage output is low.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Stickman posted:

On the plus side, Erina is a good 4* healer for the first half of the game and pulling her extra times gets you closer to the 2nd reward slot in dungeons! I used her up until I got Morgana's (from the P5 collab) personal weapon that bumps his healing. Her ability to heal while also dealing decent damage is invaluable when you're starting and damage output is low.

Unfortunately I started at launch and have a Mariel with multiple dupes for my farming/healing needs.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

if i were to do a paid 10 pull, which limited banner(s) would be best?

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Paper Lion posted:

if i were to do a paid 10 pull, which limited banner(s) would be best?

The gold standard is to wait for a Star Dream Encounter (SDE). You get a normal 10 pull, and then you get to pick exactly which 5 star you want (usually excluding ones released in the last few weeks). There are also occasional paid banners that guarantee two 5 stars from a list instead of just one.

If you don't want to wait, the current banners that are 50/50 between two characters could be worth it if you have neither. IIRC, those include some of the better pulls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i pulled a bunch of crap and got tsukiha extra style, shannon another style, isuka another style, necoco, thillelille another style, ewan, toova and mariel. theres still a bunch of paid banners but they dont seem so good and dont go away for another week+ and this has given me a ton to do. with the above pulls as an idea, what should i be focusing on? i assume a wind party, but i dont have a wind zone person and they seem important