Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Mmmn, the Skyward Sword Update channel.

and Twilight Princess had both an inescapable softlock and the very first homebrew exploit

e: in the latter case it was a pro that they couldn't patch things, but between that and Brawl it's very funny how many big Wii games were exploit points. Brawl doesn't even need homebrew installed to launch tons of mods from an sd card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Gaius Marius posted:

Buying a $500 console, so you can spend hours downloading updates, so you can put in a disc, that let's you download a 4 year old game.

that would never ever happen on PC

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Endorph posted:

the label price for a ps5 controller brand new is 70 bones. you can find them for 55-60 but i dont think you're gonna get them cheaper than that, at least not factoring in shipping too.

70 bones is pretty expensive when i only have 206 to spend

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Spiderman is now 23% downloaded. In order to pass the time, I've started watching Jenny Nicholson's breakdown of the CW series The Vampire Diaries.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Gripweed posted:

The lighting on the PS5 is not very impressive if you have it horizontal.

It looks better vertical but it’s so tall my fat cat will knock it over with his fat butt so horizontal is the only option but it takes up nearly my entire entertainment center that way. Way too big

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The Playstation 5 comes with its entire library of games pre-installed.

Astro's Playroom is quite good

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm going to type out a sentence that is 220 characters long for the sole purpose of greeting everybody and that I hope everyone's day is going well and also that everyone in the affected tornado areas is safe and sound.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Help Im Alive posted:

I wish the PS5 had themes/a button to go straight to your trophies instead of hiding it in your profile menu/it's annoying how tapping the home button brings up the worthless activities menu and you have to hold the button to bring up the home menu when it was the other way around on PS4!!!

If the game you want to see trophies for is installed it's marginally faster to hold down the button, find it in the library, and hit down then right

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Update on my Booster Shot:

I couldn't go to sleep last night because I couldn't stop shaking. The worst of it was roughly 11pm-7am this morning. I felt like I had a big fever, swollen lymph nodes, skin hypersensitivity, bringing on insomnia. I also felt like I had multiple hearts in my chest so I almost had a panic attack at one point.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
hope you're feeling better

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Stay safe, boosted gamer....

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Rinkles posted:

hope you're feeling better

Jay Rust posted:

Stay safe, boosted gamer....
I am now, thank you. I can't tell if this reaction was worse than the previous shot or not. (probably took advil last time which helped)

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

My wife and I both had pretty bad side effects to the 2nd shot and similar reactions to the booster.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

This is why I didn't get a booster, instead I used a fake name to get a full course of vaccination from the brand I didn't get the first time. Broader spectrum protection without getting too much of a single thing.
And if Covid is still an issue in a month or so, I can get a booster for my first course, and then wait a few months and get a booster for my second course. Boosted double dose crossover protection. I don't understand why some people aren't doing it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Spiderman is 60% downloaded.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Grouchio posted:

Update on my Booster Shot:

I couldn't go to sleep last night because I couldn't stop shaking. The worst of it was roughly 11pm-7am this morning. I felt like I had a big fever, swollen lymph nodes, skin hypersensitivity, bringing on insomnia. I also felt like I had multiple hearts in my chest so I almost had a panic attack at one point.

I get my booster shot on Thursday... I guess I should prepare

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Gripweed posted:

This is why I didn't get a booster, instead I used a fake name to get a full course of vaccination from the brand I didn't get the first time. Broader spectrum protection without getting too much of a single thing.
And if Covid is still an issue in a month or so, I can get a booster for my first course, and then wait a few months and get a booster for my second course. Boosted double dose crossover protection. I don't understand why some people aren't doing it.
same. and then i got about 30 more after that

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

homeless snail posted:

same. and then i got about 30 more after that

I'm literally not joking, that's what I did. I really don't want to get Covid.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Kids! Always mix medications!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Are boosters more like expansions, dlc, or patches

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

patches

ivermectin is Ubisoft NFTs

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
or boosters are this I guess

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FirstAidKite posted:

security updates

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

FirstAidKite posted:

Mandatory Windows updates

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Gripweed posted:

this loving forum

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Grouchio posted:

Mandatory Windows updates

Nobody's sneaking into my home at 2 am to surprise me with a jab to the shoulder that keeps me from doing stuff for the next 30 to 60 minutes.

....are they?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

FirstAidKite posted:

Nobody's sneaking into my home at 2 am to surprise me with a jab to the shoulder that keeps me from doing stuff for the next 30 to 60 minutes.
....are they?
It's a mandatory update in that you will suffer side effects of some sort no matter what, and it's inescapable if you want to not get covid

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Messed up my build by getting a Pfizer booster instead of a Moderna now I’ll never be able to beat the superboss

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

with boosters they keep moving up the date you can get one though, which is the complete opposite of any dlc experience i've seen

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
boosting is cheating. if you can't beat the boss without it you're a scrub

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

coronavirus speed run no vaxx/no booster/no mask

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Grouchio posted:

It's a mandatory update in that you will suffer side effects of some sort no matter what, and it's inescapable if you want to not get covid

I didn't really get much side effects from any of my dosages, so it's not really no matter what

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Instead of wasting your booster on yourself, use it to boost your old WOW character to level 100, check out that endgame

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I spent a good portion tonight playing Phantasmagoria 2: A Puzzle of Flesh

This game...kinda blows! I'm having fun with it because the FMVs are poorly acted and it's a great time making fun of it. Actually playing it is awful though, this game is the biggest tangled mess of event flags without really any puzzles

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Instead of wasting your booster on yourself, use it to boost your old WOW character to level 100, check out that endgame
as long as no one does it in ff14

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

boosting is cheating. if you can't beat the boss without it you're a scrub

You didn't learn. You didn't grow.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx00LHagvxM

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012