Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I'm enjoying the latest Mister Chief game.
The first mission gives a bad first impression, it's the same old Halo in some bland corridors while some silly aliens scream about. I was unsure if I should even bother playing anymore, but figured that I should at least get to the outside stuff they showed off prerelease.
There's an Oblivion/Fallout 3 moment where you walk out of the starting area, and then the game got a lot more interesting to me.
Zipping around with the hookshot and blowing up stuff real good is fun.

Whilst playing I had the stray thought that Mr.Halo was the first vTuber simp, in how he wants to hug and kiss all the virtual ladies.

Halo Infinite is probably in my top10 this year, maybe around 5 or 6?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Had a bit of whiplash in one bit of Spiderman. Spiderman fights some dudes in Asian monster masks, and then he takes one of the masks and says "I know who will know about these masks, Mr. Li!" and I'm like, are you seriously taking the Asian mask to the only Asian character and just assuming he'll know about it? And then Spiderman says "Mr. Li has an art history degree!" and I'm like, fair enough Spiderman.
Mr. Li recognizes the mask and can read the symbol carved on it, but then explicitly says that it's not because of his degree, it's because his father told him stories about Asian monsters when he was a kid. The art history degree was irrelevant, he was able to recognize the obscure Asian thing because he was Asian

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gonna have whiplash again in five hours

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Gaius Marius posted:

Gonna have whiplash again in five hours

Is the only Asian character in the game going to be part of the Asian monster gang?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
They're cowards for not doing comic-accurate Osborn hair.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Is the only Asian character in the game going to be part of the Asian monster gang?

What does your heart tell you?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Is the only Asian character in the game

what's yuri watanabe supposed to be, chopped liver

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Gripweed posted:

https://i.imgur.com/AzrX4Km.mp4

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

FirstAidKite posted:

How often do you get run submissions of source engine deathrun maps, trackmania RPG maps, or hl2 synergy jumping puzzle maps?

you actually do see a good deal of these, though they're usually in the form of a multi map showcase, which is something roblox players could also do

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oxxidation posted:

I found it funny that there's a character named Yuri while an actor named Yuri plays spider-man

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I found it funny that there's a character named Yuri while an actor named Yuri plays spider-man

The actor named Yuri is married to the actress who plays the character named Yuri

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Oxxidation posted:

I didn't know her last name, I assumed she was Russian

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

The actor named Yuri is married to the actress who plays the character named Yuri

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

SeXReX posted:

you actually do see a good deal of these, though they're usually in the form of a multi map showcase, which is something roblox players could also do

I don't look at marathon submission/rejection lists so I wouldn't know about that. My apologies if it sounded like I was trying to imply that nobody submits that stuff, I meant it as a question just asking if it's something you see often or if it's something you don't get a lot of submissions for or if they're submissions from the same people over and over.

Except the trackmania rpg maps. Do you seriously get steady trackmania rpg map submissions? If so, wow lol.

Idk why roblox obby runs don't get submitted but I can only assume it's some combination of people not expecting it to get in, people not wanting to keep focusing on the same level over and over and instead just shooting for high scores and moving on to any of the other hundreds of levels, and people who think the roblox client's content just might not be very marathon friendly.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
I kept thinking I must be mishearing it, but the black cop is actually named Jefferson Davis.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Dec 22, 2021

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gripweed posted:

I kept thinking I must be mishearing it, but the black cop is actually named Jefferson Davis.

Bendis was a mistake

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Lastdancer posted:

It's a reference

Yeah I know. That's why I mentioned it, I got the reference. It's hosed up.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I forgot what a huge rear end in a top hat Super Monkey Ball can be

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Dec 22, 2021

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It’s like that scene in Seinfeld, when Jerry asks a mailman if he knows of any good Chinese restaurants in the area, turns out the mailman is Asian and takes offense to that, but Jerry insists he only asked because he figured a mailman would know the neighbourhood pretty well !!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oh you mean its like how chinese and japanese people get beat up because they both have words that sound like the n word but mean something innocuous

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Oh hey, I found the smoke stacks where Peter('s clone?) (didn't?)die! That's neat, I bet the map is full of references like that. I read the comics as a kid but haven't really read any in like 20 years since so I'm sure there's a ton of stuff I'm not getting. I haven't recognized any of the landmarks I've taken pictures of so far.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

never, ever trust anyone named Yuri

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Whizzing Wizard posted:

I'm enjoying the latest Mister Chief game.
The first mission gives a bad first impression, it's the same old Halo in some bland corridors while some silly aliens scream about. I was unsure if I should even bother playing anymore, but figured that I should at least get to the outside stuff they showed off prerelease.
There's an Oblivion/Fallout 3 moment where you walk out of the starting area, and then the game got a lot more interesting to me.
Zipping around with the hookshot and blowing up stuff real good is fun.

Whilst playing I had the stray thought that Mr.Halo was the first vTuber simp, in how he wants to hug and kiss all the virtual ladies.

Halo Infinite is probably in my top10 this year, maybe around 5 or 6?

I had the opposite experience. The first couple of missions had me thinking it was like an actual Halo game, then it slams you into a loving Far Cry map.

At least the open world gets a bit better after a bad first impression.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

stev posted:

I had the opposite experience. The first couple of missions had me thinking it was like an actual Halo game, then it slams you into a loving Far Cry map.

At least the open world gets a bit better after a bad first impression.

Yeah it's almost comical how much the multiplayer feels like the Halo I would beg to go over to my neighbors house and play and how the campaign is the entire polar opposite.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I guess it's worth pointing out that while I've played all of them, I have never been a big Halohead.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1470755463981633540?s=21

https://twitter.com/xboxgamepass/status/1470755776692211716?s=21

weird to see a bunch of licensed shovelware games coming to Game Pass tbh

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Best indie that will likely be on the Nintendo showcase got ahead of the curve and announced IT'S FINALLY COMING IN A MONTH BABY

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1470756859430588418?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
https://twitter.com/aggressivepet/status/1470535021366689793?s=20

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I figured Lake might eventually make it to Gamepass, it's the kind of chill normcore indie game that you'd play for a few hours but nobody besides me would actually want to buy.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'm excited to play Mortal Kombat for a few hours for free before I remember I can't do fighting games.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

I figured Lake might eventually make it to Gamepass, it's the kind of chill normcore indie game that you'd play for a few hours but nobody besides me would actually want to buy.

Im here for it too

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

That Analogue Pocket sure looks like a neat system. It's a shame that it, much like the ps5 and s-xbox is too expensive and also sold out forever.

Being a videogames enjoyer sure is rough

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

isntead of the analogue pocket just get the anbernic rg351v which is the same form factor but can play more systems and doesnt need expensive carts.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
wheres the crank machine

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Feels Villeneuve posted:

wheres the crank machine

They got absolutely hosed by the pandemic. First round of hardware had god-awful battery life, like literally wouldn't hold a charge in some cases, so now they have to deal with shipping a whole new set of batteries for them.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
:argh: SUPPLY CHAIN :argh:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
no chain will stop my cranking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stux posted:

isntead of the analogue pocket just get the anbernic rg351v which is the same form factor but can play more systems and doesnt need expensive carts.

Welcome to the Call of Duty Megathread Stux