Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

hatty posted:

Would Giorno be Jolyne’s great grandfather?

Great great great uncle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Eh he's an okay uncle at best

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

galagazombie posted:

People talk about how the art style shifted from buff Fist of the North Star dudes to skinny lithe fashion models, but the real shift is watching Jotaro’s hat gradually fuse with his head.

That was Crazy Diamond fusing it to him at the start of DiU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Jotaro's hat has always been like that, it just blended in better in SC because it was black.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Yeah but this time around it's as tall as his entire head lmao

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

hatty posted:

Would Giorno be Jolyne’s great grandfather?

Naw that's Joseph

Giorno is Joseph's uncle, making him her great great great uncle, and Jonathan/Dio's body her great great great grandfather.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
How do Dio severed head genetics even work really? Giorno got the Joestar birthmark and spirit/blood destiny, but got blond hair and muda from Dio.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Brain juice goes directly to the balls it’s very scientific

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Vampirism is stored in the balls

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

giorno has two dads and a mom

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Giorno is Gilgamesh, being 2/3rds immortal and 1/3rd mortal.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is very weird how Dio being Giorno's dad has absolutely no pay off.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Part 5 is actually just Araki's interpretation of the Epic of Gilgamesh. To learn more, you can read my thesis on my angelfire page at

muscles like this! posted:

It is very weird how Dio being Giorno's dad has absolutely no pay off.

The payoff is that he carries characteristics associated with both Jonathan and Dio, just as Jolyne carries characteristics associated with her father and Josuke shares those with Joseph.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I just realized Johngalli A would have been very useful to Pucci during Operation: Savage Garden..

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Electric Phantasm posted:

I just realized Johngalli A would have been very useful to Pucci during Operation: Savage Garden..

Johngalli A. trying to shoot his way around Weather Report's control of the air would have been a cool fight

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It is kind of interesting how each part treats it's villains and how willing the protagonists are to kill them differently, like how some parts we get vampires and other parts we get some shithead teens.

Part 3 was the only one where I wasn't sure if the Stand villains were supposed to be dead or not, and they never became relevant again outside of 1 or 2 like Hol Horse.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

bobjr posted:

It is kind of interesting how each part treats it's villains and how willing the protagonists are to kill them differently, like how some parts we get vampires and other parts we get some shithead teens.

Part 3 was the only one where I wasn't sure if the Stand villains were supposed to be dead or not, and they never became relevant again outside of 1 or 2 like Hol Horse.

I figured most of them were dead and "retired" was just a euphemism so it could be published in Jump. I think only a few could plausibly be left alive, like elder D'arby

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

galagazombie posted:

How do Dio severed head genetics even work really? Giorno got the Joestar birthmark and spirit/blood destiny, but got blond hair and muda from Dio.

He actually dyes his hair blonde; part of the reason Koichi has trouble finding him at the start is because the last known photo they had of him was with his natural brown (and a pretty normal hairstyle, too).

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I figured most of them were dead and "retired" was just a euphemism so it could be published in Jump. I think only a few could plausibly be left alive, like elder D'arby

i saw the rat fight on youtube before finishing part 3 and it was wild seeing jotaro getting lit up by this rat sniper without context

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Regalingualius posted:

He actually dyes his hair blonde; part of the reason Koichi has trouble finding him at the start is because the last known photo they had of him was with his natural brown (and a pretty normal hairstyle, too).

The implication is that the official report is wrong (because they don’t know about stands and vampires) and Jotaro’s suspicious of the hair. When he’s reading off all the official info on Giorno, Jotaro notes that the official records say he “dyed his hair” at the same time he got “deathly ill” (which Jotaro knows was him gaining his stand). The hair is basically the reason Jotaro sends Koichi since he’s worried it could mean Giorno is transforming into a the heir of Dio or whatever.
TLDR; His hair changed color from brown to blonde because of his stand awakening his connection to Dio.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Crusader posted:

i saw the rat fight on youtube before finishing part 3 and it was wild seeing jotaro getting lit up by this rat sniper without context

I thought it made sense, personally. It's a ranged Stand, which Jotaro is notably weak against. And it was able to see through his time stop, so he had that working against him as well.

It also helped that he wasn't even fighting the rat. He was just baiting it into shooting so Josuke could find and kill it.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Well now I’m wishing for an AU where Giorno was slightly less straight-laced and screwed with Mista after the White Album fight by changing his hair to something hilarious, but it takes Mista something like 20 years to find out because he just always has his head covered

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Regalingualius posted:

Well now I’m wishing for an AU where Giorno was slightly less straight-laced and screwed with Mista after the White Album fight by changing his hair to something hilarious, but it takes Mista something like 20 years to find out because he just always has his head covered

"Sorry Mista, but I'm going to have to use all of your hair to regenerate these wounds. All of it."

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Mista would also totally die on April 7, 2026.

His birthday is December 3, 1982

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Why, the other Jojo parts kill people all the time and where in jump. Heck there are a good deal of deaths in part 3. Retired just means can’t fight anymore. It also tended to say when people died instead of retired.

Part 5 I think was the most murderery. Like Zuchero and Sale were I think the only enemy stand users to survive. (And one got tortured and the other shot several times)

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Dec 16, 2021

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

And they both get killed in Purple Haze Feedback. :v:

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
It's the mafia. People are gonna get whacked.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

He's a Cubs fan, no he loving doesn't.

gently caress you

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Yeah Part 5 is definitely the most murdery towards normal humans.

Part 4 the only bad guy the heroes outright kill is the dog killing serial killer pedophile rapist I think? Depends on how you count the Kira kill.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

bobjr posted:

I'm pretty sure Green Day is the Stand fight with the most casualties.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

bobjr posted:

Part 4 the only bad guy the heroes outright kill is the dog killing serial killer pedophile rapist I think?

He was not killed, he got turned into a still living rock.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

bobjr posted:

Part 4 the only bad guy the heroes outright kill is the dog killing serial killer pedophile rapist I think? Depends on how you count the Kira kill.

It kinda depends on how you count something like "turned into a living sheet of paper, now an incredibly loving cursed book" Also most of the Stand Fights in 3 and 5 are deliberate assassination attempts while probably half of the Part 4 fights are "I just got these weird powers, guess I'll test them on you" or "Koichi looks like the world's easiest mark" or "who did Rohan provoke this time"

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Rohan accidently caused the death of Cheap Trick's host but that's more on Chap Trick. Then he sent Cheap Trick straight to hell but it doesn't count as a person. Other than that even Kira is killed indirectly/ by accident.

e: they kill some rats too

El Burbo fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Dec 17, 2021

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

El Burbo posted:

Rohan accidently caused the death of Cheap Trick's host but that's more on Chap Trick.

The dub should have called it Chap Stick.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Waffleman_ posted:

The dub should have called it Chap Stick.

Inexpensive Ruse

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'd personally rather get punched to death than into a sentient rock/book/torture dimension.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Jojo keeps inventing 'fates worse than death', we have
  • Turned into a Rock and/or Book
  • Kars drifting... forever
  • Whatever happens to stuff when The Hand vanishes it

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I always read the Hand as a less insanely OP version of Vanilla Ice's instakill touch. Not necessarily a fate worse than death.

Unlike whatever the gently caress Golden Wind Requiem does to people.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

YggiDee posted:

[*] Whatever happens to stuff when The Hand vanishes it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

El Burbo posted:

Then he sent Cheap Trick straight to hell but it doesn't count as a person.

Do sentient Stands have souls?