Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Kild posted:

I want to see fanart of Farmer as a Hobby, Goku vs Farmer with Shotgun.

Is this End Of Z farmer w/ shotgun or just base farmer w/ shotgun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/dbshype/status/1470798958616211462?s=21

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Another anime icon gone

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

We have a new poster for Super Hero!
https://twitter.com/DB_super2015/status/1470861173306572802

Look at that Gohan. LOOK AT HIM. He's beautiful! Back to the rightful clothes of his rightful father, but also the bang is back! This is the best Gohan's ever looked and I goddamn hope it means he'll pull his weight this time.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Man the guy on the far left could only be more like Commander Red if he had red hair.

Also still holding hope for Piccolo given that he has gotten the most billing after Goku.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Seems like Pan will have a somewhat major role in this one, hope she gets handled better than she did in GT

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
Guessing Gohan's just going to be there for the Saiyaman superhero aspect, he'll be as useless as ever. My poor boy.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Larryb posted:

Seems like Pan will have a somewhat major role in this one, hope she gets handled better than she did in GT

The reasoning of Goku has to save someone and it can't be Trunks is gone. So hopefully

JoJosSiwaAdventure
Nov 3, 2021

by Pragmatica

drat, rip.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Look at that Gohan. LOOK AT HIM. He's beautiful! Back to the rightful clothes of his rightful father, but also the bang is back! This is the best Gohan's ever looked and I goddamn hope it means he'll pull his weight this time.

on the one hand, it's a nice looking Gohan. on the other

"same as always"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Never again, Gohan. Never.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

He just needs his full potential unlocked. Again. Again.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Blaze Dragon posted:

Bullet-hair sunglasses dude for FighterZ when?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

He apparently wore the Purple gi in the Moro arc and the manga version of the last arc the anime covered (though in the anime they put him in the orange one for some reason), but it’s still nice to see it back in animated form.

Looks like the Red Ribbon Army will somehow be involved in this movie as well.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Larryb posted:

She's gonna have a better showing than her dad.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Let her go Super Saiyan this time you cowards (she technically did it as a fetus after all)

Though there is a scene of her in the trailer trying to power up so we might actually have a decent shot in that regard.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Dec 15, 2021

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Is it just me or is Gohan's hair longer than it's been in Super?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Out of curiosity, is Pan’s English actress from GT still currently working in the industry?

Because since this will be the character’s first speaking role in a while (not counting the Heroes shorts that is) I was wondering if she’d end up reprising her role for the inevitable dub of this movie (I know in Japan at least Pan shares a VA with her mom)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Dec 15, 2021

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I wish Gohan had his own outfit instead of just borrowing the clothes from other people. Maybe the Saiyaman outfit.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I wish Gohan had his own outfit instead of just borrowing the clothes from other people. Maybe the Saiyaman outfit.

Green on black no helmet Gohan was my favorite.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
It's not a return to his best look until he puts on his Piccolo shoulder pads and cape again

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Shinji2015 posted:

Is it just me or is Gohan's hair longer than it's been in Super?

I feel like it's the same. Although it's weird because I'm almost positive it's shorter when he's powered down without the bang in front. Then again SS3 proves that powerups can involve hair growth.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
The problem with his hair in Super was they got rid of that lock that hangs down so he just looked like Smooth Yamcha.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Who thought to put Gohan back in these ugly shits

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Ryaomon posted:

The problem with his hair in Super was they got rid of that lock that hangs down so he just looked like Smooth Yamcha.

you've been hit by

you've been struck by

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5adOxkqZj6Q

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gohan with shades every day.

Krillin with shades.

Everyone, shades.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Larryb posted:

Out of curiosity, is Pan’s English actress from GT still currently working in the industry?

Because since this will be the character’s first speaking role in a while (not counting the Heroes shorts that is) I was wondering if she’d end up reprising her role for the inevitable dub of this movie (I know in Japan at least Pan shares a VA with her mom)

She apparently voiced Pan in Kai.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

She apparently voiced Pan in Kai.

Wait, Pan has a line in DBZ? Must have forgotten about that (I assume it’s somewhere near the end)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Larryb posted:

Wait, Pan has a line in DBZ? Must have forgotten about that (I assume it’s somewhere near the end)

Theres a timeskip at the end to world tournament with Uub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZnp_SPDTaw

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kild posted:

Theres a timeskip at the end to world tournament with Uub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZnp_SPDTaw

Oh yeah, I remember now. Guess that means she’ll likely come back for this as well.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
We've got to be close to End of Z now, right?

Pan doesn't look much younger than she is there

JoJosSiwaAdventure
Nov 3, 2021

by Pragmatica

Gazaar posted:

Green on black no helmet Gohan was my favorite.

i absolutely love that look

if they won't let him go back to that, i'd kind of like to see him just fight in his regular clothes instead of bouncing between the orange and purple. mans just showing up in his slacks and vest or whatever, but with a dramatic glasses removal when it's time to get serious

(not that it matters what he wears when he's just going to be a perpetual jobber)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Burkion posted:

It’s definitely a few years after Super at the very least

JoJosSiwaAdventure posted:

i absolutely love that look

if they won't let him go back to that, i'd kind of like to see him just fight in his regular clothes instead of bouncing between the orange and purple. mans just showing up in his slacks and vest or whatever, but with a dramatic glasses removal when it's time to get serious

(not that it matters what he wears when he's just going to be a perpetual jobber)

As someone else mentioned, I wouldn’t be surprised if he winds up being upstaged by his own daughter in this movie (which would be fine by me to be honest)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Dec 15, 2021

JoJosSiwaAdventure
Nov 3, 2021

by Pragmatica

Larryb posted:

As someone else mentioned, I wouldn’t be surprised if he winds up being upstaged by his own daughter in this movie (which would be fine by me to be honest)

for sure, i'd enjoy that

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Burkion posted:

Trunks and Goten have looked like tiny children for like the past decade in Z/Super.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Namtab posted:

I dont think stephen universe is canon to dragonball

Clearly you haven't read the... though I mean thematically that a lot of episodes play with the whole concept of fusion, its mechanics and implications, and that it can be a liability if done recklessly specifically for reasons of forming a new person out of two people who has their own personality, priorities and agency.

Kanos posted:

Trunks and Goten have looked like tiny children for like the past decade in Z/Super.

I think they made it kinda canon that Saiyans take a while to hit puberty, then they basically triple in size overnight. It does make sense given Goku spent nearly all of Dragon Ball looking about the same and then suddenly sprung up.

Oh christ, imagine how much food a teenage Saiyan eats.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Oh christ, imagine how much food a teenage Saiyan eats.

Why do you think you don't see as many dinosaurs in the Z/Super era as opposed to the OG Dragon Ball days?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

you've been hit by

you've been struck by

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5adOxkqZj6Q

this animation seems stilted and unnatural

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

TwoPair posted:

I feel like it's the same. Although it's weird because I'm almost positive it's shorter when he's powered down without the bang in front. Then again SS3 proves that powerups can involve hair growth.

Yeah, it's entirely possible, but then I found this tweet comparing his Super Hero design to Super:

https://twitter.com/BergamoPosteo/status/1470865485654753282

Assuming that it's not Gohan in his Ulitmate form (which it shouldn't be, no one else is transformed), it does look longer to me, or at least his hair is more detailed compared to his Super design

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I love the poster for the new movie, but that animation style in the trailer is gonna take some getting used to. Wish they'd commit to high-budget 2-D animation like with the Broly movie, which IMO was breathtaking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Burkion posted:

"Close" is a bit of an understatement. Super Hero happens in the exact same year the epilogue of Z does.

Doc Fission posted:

I love the poster for the new movie, but that animation style in the trailer is gonna take some getting used to. Wish they'd commit to high-budget 2-D animation like with the Broly movie, which IMO was breathtaking

Sadly, Toei gonna Toei. They likely just don't have the resources to put here with so many anime running at once, though you'd think Dragon Ball of all things would deserve their best.