Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

jisforjosh posted:

Forbidden baby back ribs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb20VpWGocw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Renegret posted:

Scientific fact that nuggets taste better when in a general dino shape

That explains so much

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Renegret posted:

Scientific fact that nuggets taste better when in a general dino shape

The dinosaur nugget part of the bird tastes the best. They probably remove them from the rotisserie chickens so they can sell them in the frozen section

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

RocketLunatic posted:

Good morning from Costco in Beltsville, MD.

Waiting for my wife’s car’s leaky tire to get checked out. I bought the tires less than a month ago. I wouldn’t say I’ve been super impressed by the tire center yet.

I just threw down a dog though, so it’s alright.

Also will not return to tire center. They put on 3 bad valves on my new set of tires, and a month later charged me $5 each replace them. And then they gave me another bad valve out of the 3 new ones. Went to my local tire guy, and he replaced it quick and cheap, and correctly.

So.... no more Costco tire center for me, which makes me a little sad.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

GORDON posted:

Also will not return to tire center. They put on 3 bad valves on my new set of tires, and a month later charged me $5 each replace them. And then they gave me another bad valve out of the 3 new ones. Went to my local tire guy, and he replaced it quick and cheap, and correctly.

So.... no more Costco tire center for me, which makes me a little sad.

Don't be, Costco tire centers are extremely location dependent. If yours sucks, don't feel bad about avoiding them

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Gaius Marius posted:

Grown men shouldn't be eating food for toddlers

Lol, lmao

The whole point of being a grown man is going "hell yeah" and doing whatever the gently caress you want, including buying two barrels of animal crackers so when you run out of the one barrel you can immediately crack open the second.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Bit of a longshot, but not sure how get this question answered. Saw this sectional hit my email today with a 15% costco card and am in the market for something just like this BUT need to swap the chaise so it's on the right hand side when sitting rather than the left hand.

Does anyone know if this can have its configuration changed, or know who I can contact to find out? Searching the item shows up with nothing on the Barcalounger page itself or anywhere but costco.

Thanks in advance!

https://www.costco.com/.product.1518057.html?&EMID=B2C_2021_1214_DecQR

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

okay i'm going to costco today but i'm not gonna dog/soda or pizza it up, BUT i've never had the chicken bake. are they decent enough reheated?

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Geodude used Reply to Thread! It's super effective!

Johnny Truant posted:

okay i'm going to costco today but i'm not gonna dog/soda or pizza it up, BUT i've never had the chicken bake. are they decent enough reheated?

Reheat in an airfryer if you have it, or oven.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Put some hot sauce or mustard on it too

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Geodude posted:

Reheat in an airfryer if you have it, or oven.

no air fryer (yet!) but oven is what i was thinking :hmmyes:

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Put some hot sauce or mustard on it too

oh that's like a given, i put hot sauce on at least 50% of things that i cram in my face

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Chicken bakes are too bready and bland for my taste. Hot sauce would help probably but they just aren't very good.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
I bought a box of the frozen Jamaican curry beef patties and while a nice change of flavor and the spices were good. I wouldn't get it again. The quality of the pastry and especially the ground beef was poor.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Johnny Truant posted:

Get the animal crackers

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Ngl the bare chicken tenders are amazing and better then anything Tyson sells by a mile. loving love Costco

Sidenote the Sherpa flannel blanket they sold is amazing and I love mine and wish I bought two more.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

bagmonkey posted:

Get the animal crackers

just put em on my shopping list! :yum:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

TraderStav posted:

Bit of a longshot, but not sure how get this question answered. Saw this sectional hit my email today with a 15% costco card and am in the market for something just like this BUT need to swap the chaise so it's on the right hand side when sitting rather than the left hand.

Does anyone know if this can have its configuration changed, or know who I can contact to find out? Searching the item shows up with nothing on the Barcalounger page itself or anywhere but costco.

Thanks in advance!

That IS what Bortus [your avs] would have :hai:

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Enos Cabell posted:

Chicken bakes are too bready and bland for my taste. Hot sauce would help probably but they just aren't very good.

I tried my first chicken bake yesterday and this was my though too, although cholula didn't help much. Maybe a different sauce would work better though.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

TraderStav posted:

Thanks in advance!

If it's possible at all, I would say you'd have to contact Barcalounger about it, I doubt Costco would be able to help you with that. They have what they have and that's it. If Barcalounger can help you, you would probably have to go through a huge hassle of buying it from Costco and then sending Barcalounger the pieces you don't need and they send you back the right ones.

Hopefully I'm wrong about that and there is a much simpler solution. You probably need to call customer service with both companies and see if they can accommodate you.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Jingleheimer posted:

If it's possible at all, I would say you'd have to contact Barcalounger about it, I doubt Costco would be able to help you with that. They have what they have and that's it. If Barcalounger can help you, you would probably have to go through a huge hassle of buying it from Costco and then sending Barcalounger the pieces you don't need and they send you back the right ones.

Hopefully I'm wrong about that and there is a much simpler solution. You probably need to call customer service with both companies and see if they can accommodate you.

I should have been a better adult and think to just shoot their customer support a message with the link to Costco. They responded back very quickly that it is not interchangeable. Very helpful!

EPICAC
Mar 23, 2001

TraderStav posted:

I should have been a better adult and think to just shoot their customer support a message with the link to Costco. They responded back very quickly that it is not interchangeable. Very helpful!

Isn’t modularity the whole point of sectionals? We just bought one (ETA 6 months thanks to supply chain bullshit), and could configure it in a ton of different ways.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

EPICAC posted:

Isn’t modularity the whole point of sectionals? We just bought one (ETA 6 months thanks to supply chain bullshit), and could configure it in a ton of different ways.

I think another major application of sectionals are to get them into basements or floors with difficult/impossible stairs to get down.

This particular one has those storage boxes attached to each side. Would have been MUCH better to make those detachable and then you could go hog wild with any configuration.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

EPICAC posted:

Yes, but Costco probably agreed to buy X number of a certain configuration at a reduced price which is why you can’t customize it through them. I’m sure a BarcaLounger dealer can order the couch however he wants but not at Costco prices

I bought my sectional at a leather furniture store and was able to customize it the way we wanted, but it was a custom order and took 10 weeks in the before times.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Enos Cabell posted:

Yep, too much bread. They weren't awful but I'm not buying them again.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I didn't get the chicken bake

Did get the animal crackers though and holy

poo poo

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
My CostCo only had the 500 piece puzzles :(

I still bought one but I’m having some regrets. On the other hand I don’t really have any big tables to put a puzzle on…

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Never regret a puzzle, just gift it to someone else when done.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Or coat it in modge podge and frame it :)

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Johnny Truant posted:

I didn't get the chicken bake

Did get the animal crackers though and holy

poo poo

Yeah buddy!!!

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
drat now I want some animal crackers

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Gonna attempt a late evening Costco run after the kids go to bed tonight. Pretty sure it’ll be more pleasant than a weekend trip before Christmas.

Also gonna buy some animal crackers “for my toddler”.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Kevin DuBrow posted:

I bought a box of the frozen Jamaican curry beef patties and while a nice change of flavor and the spices were good. I wouldn't get it again. The quality of the pastry and especially the ground beef was poor.

Were they the Caribbean Delight beef patties in the red box? If so, make sure you cook them in the oven. They're no good microwaved, but in the oven they're S-tier.

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Ngl the bare chicken tenders are amazing and better then anything Tyson sells by a mile. loving love Costco

The Tyson panko-breaded chicken tenderloins are really, really good and that's coming from someone who is no fan of Tyson products.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

https://www.dogingtonpost.com/recall-alert-irish-rover-2021-advent-treat-calendar-for-dogs/

RECALL ALERT

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Bugs. They have bugs?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Freaked me out for a second, somehow there are 2 different brands of Advent Calendars for Dogs that the Co sells

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004
Have you all noticed the Kirkland paper towels getting thinner and thinner over the past two years? They are almost unusably thin now.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Woodsy Owl posted:

Have you all noticed the Kirkland paper towels getting thinner and thinner over the past two years? They are almost unusably thin now.

Rolls are smaller too.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
Charmin rolls are smaller too.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
This is all paper products, there's serious issues in all kinds of paper manufacturing right now. Everyone is sending out kinda crappy versions of whatever because the alternative is nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I use a concerning amount of paper towels. :grin: