Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Thread sucks rear end precisely because people conflate "providing helpful information" with "slamming an out-of-context tweet about how we're all hosed." Anything that pushes back on a worst-case scenario is shouted down, and whenever those posters who say a worst-case scenario is inevitable are proven wrong, they respond with "well I was just being cautious." Also, Professor Beetus is one of the most limpdicked mods on these forums and that's saying something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

goethe.cx posted:

whenever those posters who say a worst-case scenario is inevitable are proven wrong,

when did this happen lol

:rolleyes:
Apr 2, 2002

Up Circle posted:

lmao

the politics forums on this site are like a madrassa for unchecked mental illness

would you say this could be resolved by a mandatory series of lithium shots

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Dustcat posted:

we would have been done with covid a year ago if those mentally ill freaks on cspam hadn't kept encouraging it by talking about it

hey its been a while. still the biggest loving dumbshit r-coded motherfucker on the planet, huh? good.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ArfJason posted:

hey its been a while. still the biggest loving dumbshit r-coded motherfucker on the planet, huh? good.

QCS is basically helldump lite at this point huh

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Cup Runneth Over posted:

it was always meant to become such because no other forms of conflict resolution exist on this website

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Cup Runneth Over posted:

The lite matters. Nothing in QCS has approached real doxing in the past year. It is important to reiterate that remembering your posts is not doxing.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Cup Runneth Over posted:

shut the gently caress up

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
It is pretty funny that the D&D thread is a bunch of die-hard optimists that insist that the pandemic is over, but in this QCS thread a bunch of people who haven't read the thread just assume its doom-brained shut-ins posting Dr. Ding tweets.

Like either people are confusing the cspam thread for the D&D thread or there is a class of QCS specific posters who just generically post that they don't like the concept of posting? Maybe they're against threads as an idea, so they say we should close them all?

Not sure about it personally, just an observation.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Gulping Again posted:

it was always meant to become such because no other forms of conflict resolution exist on this website

KirbyKhan posted:

The lite matters. Nothing in QCS has approached real doxing in the past year. It is important to reiterate that remembering your posts is not doxing.

Peggy Edson posted:

shut the gently caress up

struck a nerve huh

QCS is an abject failure (for like the third or fourth time) and this thread is a great example of it. The only mod who's even posted in here I've never even heard of. Apparently they mod the car forum? Certainly none of the D&D mods have deigned to comment. The forum is just used by a specific class of people who camp it waiting for a new thread to open so they can freshly sling around accusations of mental illness until the mod of the week comes in to say "ok I think that's the end of productive discussion on this topic" and closes it. Or their only contribution is to spot someone they don't like posting and drop in to harass them.

In a sad way it's kind of loving hilarious how many iterations on "provide feedback to the moderation team" this forum has gone through and they still haven't figured it out

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Salt Fish posted:

It is pretty funny that the D&D thread is a bunch of die-hard optimists that insist that the pandemic is over, but in this QCS thread a bunch of people who haven't read the thread just assume its doom-brained shut-ins posting Dr. Ding tweets.

Like either people are confusing the cspam thread for the D&D thread or there is a class of QCS specific posters who just generically post that they don't like the concept of posting? Maybe they're against threads as an idea, so they say we should close them all?

oval office

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Cup Runneth Over posted:

struck a nerve huh

QCS is an abject failure (for like the third or fourth time) and this thread is a great example of it. The only mod who's even posted in here I've never even heard of. Apparently they mod the car forum? Certainly none of the D&D mods have deigned to comment. The forum is just used by a specific class of people who camp it waiting for a new thread to open so they can freshly sling around accusations of mental illness until the mod of the week comes in to say "ok I think that's the end of productive discussion on this topic" and closes it. Or their only contribution is to spot someone they don't like posting and drop in to harass them.

In a sad way it's kind of loving hilarious how many iterations on "provide feedback to the moderation team" this forum has gone through and they still haven't figured it out

make a qcs thread about it

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

make a qcs thread about it

reported for encouraging self-harm

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Cup Runneth Over posted:

:imunfunny:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Cup Runneth Over posted:

oval office

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 86 days!
this is the best forum on the site actually

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

croup coughfield posted:

this is the best forum on the site actually

The drama is too delicious, intentional or not

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cup Runneth Over posted:

struck a nerve huh

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

ArfJason posted:

Why are you guys like this

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

qcs is absolutely the best forum on this website

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

lobster shirt posted:

only until they implement FORUMS COURT

Malah
May 18, 2015

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Look under your seats!

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

no point, it doesn't matter how many posters come out saying someone should be freed and mods are dumb shits, it's always we did nothing wrong topic closed thread locked be excellent to each other

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

struck a nerve huh

So, when do you autoban?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

qnqnx posted:

So, when do you autoban?

not sure what you're reading into my post but i'm way too jokerfied to care about anything enough for an autoban

least of all loving D&D lmao

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Cup Runneth Over posted:

not sure what you're reading into my post but i'm way too jokerfied to care about anything enough for an autoban

a man posts the dumbest poo poo you’ve ever seen, and you’re laughing

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

yeah man I hate that Dr Ding

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Cup Runneth Over posted:

jokerfied being your dumbass cute word for burned out useless piece of trash

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Regarde Aduck posted:

jokerfied being your dumbass cute word for burned out useless piece of trash

lol

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Previa_fun posted:

no point, it doesn't matter how many posters come out saying someone should be freed and mods are dumb shits, it's always we did nothing wrong topic closed thread locked be excellent to each other

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

bitch i look like goku. bitch i look like vegeta im hopping out that old school

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Like do you remember the near universal support and praise azathoth got for simply saying "yeah I hosed up. Sorry I'll fix it." They didn't even get probed for their weak pizza attempts in the peace thread.

AMAR but in my opinion the community will trust the mods a lot more if they can go "Hey sorry, it seems a lot of posters are saying I hosed up. Maybe I was having a bad day/was drunk/just got my 45th covid booster, I'll revise my actions"

Anyway close D&D and cspam and the covid threads with them.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

:razz:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

it's time for Jeffery of YOSPOS to close cspam as he promised

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

lobster shirt posted:

bloom