Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MATN is the only video game youtuber i’ve found who isn’t either insanely cringe or some degree of horrible bigot, also his livestreams where he incessantly annoys his girlfriend are hilarious

jesus WEP fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Dec 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

jesus WEP posted:

MATN is the only video game youtuber i’ve found who isn’t either insanely cringe of some degree or horrible bigot, also his livestreams where he incessantly annoys his girlfriend are hilarious

I love MATN's youtubes.

As far as other non-VideoEssay tubers go, I still enjoy putting NorthernLion's Isaac runs on in the background and listen to him ramble inanely.

Other background noise I enjoy are PangeaPanga and TheDragonFeeny, but I don't make it a priority to see them like I do MATN.

EDIT: poo poo, I forgot about Indiemaus.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

if you haven't already, MATN has a bunch more Fallout playthrough content, did a YOLO of FO3 and several fun challenge runs; his 'level 1' attempts at some of the tough DLCs were especially amusing. Lot of hours of content there, I think between the entire RLM back catalogue and MATNs Fallout plays I was sorted throughout the whole of lockdown.

The previous look at the 'random wasteland' mod is also well worth a watch as he picks up Dev Test weapons and they are ridiculously OP.

lol at the extremely fast deathclaw in this latest episode.

edit: 'lots of hours of content'

https://twitter.com/manyatruenerd/status/1471089198216142853?s=21

:eyepop:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/spuukylive/status/1470906226393300993?s=21

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/getgianni/status/1471177782168363014?s=21

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
im considering flying to canada for an advanced squad leader meetup

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

im considering flying to canada for an advanced squad leader meetup
vassal exists, you know

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

FMguru posted:

vassal exists, you know

yes ive played a lot on vassal but i want to see what all these weirdos look like in person

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
turn ur monitors off

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

MATN is the only video game youtuber i’ve found who isn’t either insanely cringe or some degree of horrible bigot, also his livestreams where he incessantly annoys his girlfriend are hilarious

i kind of liked pete complete and rhadamant's rimworld challenge LPs, but i don't know much about them as people

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

starting red dead 2. doing some good rootin and tootin, making sure this man isn't bothering any ma'ams

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
I love RDR2. Easily in my top 5 games ever. So so good!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i was really excited for rdr2 and then realized i could never play it cause it's not a game little jones could watch

now that im gonna have an office i could put the ps5 in (could use ps4 for bluray in living room i guess) i kinda want to get it, but probably wont until theres a ps5 native version

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
the epic game store is now doing their holiday promotion where instead of a new free game (or two) every week, its a new free game every day (so you have only 24 hours to claim it before the free deal expires and is replaced by another game)

right now the current game (until tomorrow morning) is shenmue iii

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
is that anime

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

is that anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilVwyAZT6xo

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

dioxazine posted:

i kind of liked pete complete and rhadamant's rimworld challenge LPs, but i don't know much about them as people

add ambiguousamphibian to that list of not annoying youtube gamers (he also does rimworld playthroughs)

let's game it out completely breaks games in hilarious ways. i enjoy his series on planet zoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59v360lNqgQ

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

AlbertFlasher posted:

I love RDR2. Easily in my top 5 games ever. So so good!

Hunting down renegades the way god intended. With a bear hat.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

rdr2 is a fantastic game and I’m due for another playthrough I think

going to play through to chapter 3 and just marinate in the world for a while

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rdr2 is great if you play the story up until you get your base to the old house near the swamp and then never play another story mission while you hunt and fish and root and toot

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Oddheader makes decent game listicle videos

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I thought the first part of the story was pretty good. The 2nd part should have had you play as Sadie Adler and ended with her death.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

There is a dude on youtube who does videos on retro shooters that I enjoy watching. I don't remember their name but they get posted a lot in the retro fps thread.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i wish they still made good vertical/horizontal shmups instead of unplayable bullet hell crap

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

AnimeIsTrash posted:

There is a dude on youtube who does videos on retro shooters that I enjoy watching. I don't remember their name but they get posted a lot in the retro fps thread.

civvie?

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

oh yeah this guy is good too

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

probably not what you're thinking of, but Errant Signal was doing a series about the games that preceded and followed 1993 DooM. he hasnt worked on that series for a couple months, but i liked

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Sweevo posted:

i wish they still made good vertical/horizontal shmups instead of unplayable bullet hell crap

they do. i think r-type and daris have had releases recently. jamestown is kinda old but im old too so i think of it as "new". danmaku has had switch stuff too i think but its more bullet hell-ish. i guess jamestown is kidna bullet hell-ish too but it's still one of my favorites. there's also a lot of collections and retro shooters out there.

switch owns. this doesnt help much if you dont have a switch though

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sweevo posted:

unplayable bullet hell crap

lol noob

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I tried out crusader kings 3 and I’m not sure it’s for me

I mean, conceptually it should be something I like but..

man there is a lot going on in that game

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A6w_cqPGow

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
Civvie is a pretty chill youtuber.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
touhou is stupid

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

touhou is stupid

touhou owns

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Fool posted:

I tried out crusader kings 3 and I’m not sure it’s for me

I mean, conceptually it should be something I like but..

man there is a lot going on in that game

i played the tutorial and immediately deleted it. bless gamepass. it's definitely not for me, and that's fine

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
I love those games but you have to find the joy in the narrative when the game throws up a scheming uncle who murders and eats your wife. UX wise and commercially they are a shorty.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

I love those games but you have to find the joy in the narrative when the game throws up a scheming uncle who murders and eats your wife. UX wise and commercially they are a shorty.

Games like that are so you can roleplay what the world would be like if it turned out correctly aka the continent of europe is now part of the islamic caliphate.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

shoeberto posted:

Civvie is a pretty chill youtuber.

I would enjoy Civvie's content about 700% more if he just dropped all the 'I am a prisoner being tortured' skit / schtick, can't hit that 'skip 10 sec' button fast enough.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Games like that are so you can roleplay what the world would be like if it turned out correctly aka the continent of europe is now part of the islamic caliphate.

yeah every time there’s a war nerd episode on the Mughals or 100 years war or whatever it inspires a play through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I would enjoy Civvie's content about 700% more if he just dropped all the 'I am a prisoner being tortured' skit / schtick, can't hit that 'skip 10 sec' button fast enough.

that’s like 10 seconds of a 25 minute video though, it’s hardly a big part of it.

he uses it for pretty good jokes generally