Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r4a9g0zbf11u6icuq.mp4

Jonny 290 posted:

if you think 20 hours in a mmo is "huge" i got big, big news for you. i had guildmates in daoc with 250-300 days playtime after about four years of the game existing and i wanna say those numbers aren't far off for dedicated long term xiv players too

ultravoices posted:

i'm glad it brings you joy. it's good cheap harmless fun with palz.
i just want to do other things with my time than mmos now. :)

lol finding the old flag is a chore so this is just queued

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQVc79FE5Bo&t=194s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/burntends2/status/1469450846702387203

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
whats the easiest way to roms in a handheld these days? i mostly care about original gameboy games and SNES but others would be cool too

edit: i mean the hardware, not :filez:

Corla Plankun fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Dec 20, 2021

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

buy one of those million of raspberry pi builds

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

secondary option would be to use retro arch over steam link and you can play whatever on your phone

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
hell if you're talking gameboy and snes just run one of the emulators that have been ported directly to your phone platform

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Corla Plankun posted:

whats the easiest way to roms in a handheld these days? i mostly care about original gameboy games and SNES but others would be cool too

you could pick one of these up cheap like I did, it's a fun little toy and came preloaded with a shitload of emus/roms

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001146181654.html

there might be a newer/better/more powerful version launched since I bought mine in November 2020, so search a bit first.

edit: Ambernic just launched this a few weeks back, I'm going to read some reviews

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001422929234.html

like twice the price of the handheld I bought previously though.

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Dec 20, 2021

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Corla Plankun posted:

please join us in this thread there are a ton of options and different models are good for emulating different systems so it helps to ask

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3937810

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

PIZZA.BAT posted:

they added voip to tarkov and it's added a really fun depth to the game as well as some pretty funny moments. this happened to my friend yesterday while i was watching his stream

https://streamable.com/0gezfz

tarkov strikes me as a game I would love since it’s similar to Eve with perma loss but I also suspect it’s a buggy pile of poo poo and the best strat is to watch friends and streamers play it

so far Insurgency is the most milsim game I’ve given longer than 10h to and it’s got me curious about Tarkov and ARMA

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

as far as i can tell it doesn’t seem buggy at all. at least my friends who play it all the time ever seem to mention it if it is

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

PIZZA.BAT posted:

as far as i can tell it doesn’t seem buggy at all. at least my friends who play it all the time ever seem to mention it if it is

ah that’s good to hear, when I last paid attention to it in like 2016 or 2018 it had some serious bugs and ran very poorly

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

breath of the wild seems pretty fun. just got it a few weeks ago

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

it’s literally the best game of the last 10 years

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i just killed one of those sandworms in the desert. highly recommended.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i bounced right off of it after leaving the starting plateau and dicking around on a horse a bit. i should play it some more

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

PokeJoe posted:

i bounced right off of it after leaving the starting plateau and dicking around on a horse a bit. i should play it some more

i did the same thing. i picked it up for the second or possibly third time last year and it really clicked, now its one of my favorite games.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
you need the right attitude for botw. unlike most modern games it will not go out of its way to shove fun in your face. the fun is out there, buried somewhere in the world, and that means you spend a lot of time not seeing it but when you do there’s a real sense of discovery

it’s the game I’ve played that most successfully disguises the fact that everything was hand-placed by designers, it creates the illusion that you’re finding brand new things no one has seen in eons

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

PokeJoe posted:

it's one of those games that gets more fun once you have access to a wider variety of gear and such

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

haveblue posted:

you need the right attitude for botw. unlike most modern games it will not go out of its way to shove fun in your face. the fun is out there, buried somewhere in the world, and that means you spend a lot of time not seeing it but when you do there’s a real sense of discovery

it’s the game I’ve played that most successfully disguises the fact that everything was hand-placed by designers, it creates the illusion that you’re finding brand new things no one has seen in eons

it does this extremely well. the sense of discovery is unparalleled

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

is botw a jrpg?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i don't know, what's a jrpg?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

PokeJoe posted:

i don't know, what's a jrpg?

are we really gonna do a racism in this thread?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it’s not an rpg

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

yeah and your not a mod :rolleyes:

yes it is

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

you roleplay as someone playing the best game of the last 10 years

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

as much as i love botw i will say that having caught a horse and adventured around a bit you have kind of seen the highs on offer, so if you bounced off it at that point maybe just as well to leave it.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
if you don’t kill god or hitler at the end it’s not a jrpg

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

ultravoices posted:

"another day, another god." Neitzsche sighed as he stepped down off his chocobo and drew his buster katana.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

ultravoices posted:

also not a jrpg if the main character is unambiguously real and not a manifestation of a dream they had about themselves

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

botw works best if you do the story stuff - the beasts - as a priority but allow yourself to be distracted by stuff you see. once you've done the beasts, gently caress around until you get bored. once you're bored, go kill ganon

i probably would've bounced off if i'd tried to do exploration fun mode without having a bunch of items, powers, etc. don't beeline necessarily, but if things start bogging down go kill a beast

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i broke my "only buy a game if youre gonna play it" rule cause saints row 4 was $3 on the eshop

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I bought it with gold coins and fully plan to never play it

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
you play a role in all games

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
BotW is just another GTA3 clone in my opinion with worse music.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueCYQM_z-Dg

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i've watched my friend play a lot of BotW and it looks like a solid game, but I think people have decided it's a masterpiece just because it's a zelda game, when any other character would have got it an 8.5 or 9 out of 10.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

MrQueasy posted:

BotW is just another GTA3 clone in my opinion with worse music.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Sweevo posted:

i've watched my friend play a lot of BotW and it looks like a solid game, but I think people have decided it's a masterpiece just because it's a zelda game, when any other character would have got it an 8.5 or 9 out of 10.

nah.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

botw was the first zelda game i ever beat (i played the first 2 nes games as a kid and didnt much like them, oot as a kid and it was ok i guess, and twilight princess after college and it was ok i guess). i had no particular fondness for the series other than a general "other people played this series in my childhood and love it a lot, but i think it's just ok"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

I had no experience with zelda other than OOT. I got it for christmas '98 along with a bunch of other kids at school. Coming back after the new year and talking with everyone about how far you got over xmas break, and which temples you beat was definitely part of the experience for me.

I never bothered with gamecube but I got twilight princess for wii and never played it for more than a few hours.