Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

instead of "idle" games, people should be playing more "idol" games, like Caligula Effect 2 and Groove Coaster: Wai Wai Party!!!

Nethack is in that genre too since every time you die you can ID all of your inventory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Finally got around to playing Far Cry Blood Dragon after years of hearing people say it's 'the good one' and it's the worst one I've played, which is all of them apart from 6.

It's a game entirely written by someone who's friends tell them 'you're really funny' and 'you should try stand up some time'.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
its bad. the fact that it's basically the exact same poo poo as FC3 makes the dumb aesthetic seem even more of a put-on than it already is

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

People are extremely impressed with surface level garbage.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
As proven by how popular anime is

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Sakurazuka posted:

Finally got around to playing Far Cry Blood Dragon after years of hearing people say it's 'the good one' and it's the worst one I've played, which is all of them apart from 6.

I never understood the praise, which seemed to extended beyond the aesthetic.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I said come in! posted:

Jesus loving christ, Lord of the Rings the Fellowship of the Ring is 20 years old today.

you should watch it, it's pretty good

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
couple years ago we had an all-day marathon LOTR viewing complete with themed meals during and between. that's too much movie to consume in one sitting, but as a light social event with friends where you're not just straight squattin through 3 movies and you're free to chat and mingle or take a nap on in your comfy seat, like, very good time.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

second breakfast...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Whizzing Wizard posted:

you should watch it, it's pretty good

The LOTR trilogy are some of my favorite movies of all time.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHoJSgq6mqc

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

For those saying FF7R on PC isn't worth $70 https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7remake/mods/64?tab=images

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Sakurazuka posted:

It's a game entirely written by someone who's friends tell them 'you're really funny' and 'you should try stand up some time'.

Its the good one because its the shortest lol

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I hate this.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

That will make a few scenes kinda weird I think. Especially the bike fight.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I said come in! posted:

Jesus loving christ, Lord of the Rings the Fellowship of the Ring is 20 years old today.

There is now more time between the present and the release of the first LotR movie than there was between the release of the first LotR movie and the end of the Korean War.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Gripweed posted:

There is now more time between the present and the release of the first LotR movie than there was between the release of the first LotR movie and the end of the Korean War.

Uh what?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah and the LOTR movies are as long as the dang Korean War!!!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
read the books imo

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

More time has now elapsed between Roger Ebert posthumously discovering video games could be art (Bioshock Infinite) than the first Lord of the Rings movie and the Moon Landing.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Remove and replace all the lotr characters/locations with xiv ones and maybe i'll check it out

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh it was a MASH reference

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

Remove and replace all the lotr characters/locations with xiv ones and maybe i'll check it out

Gandalf the sexy catgirl

but still with the wizard beard

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Looper posted:

I'm happy to report garden story has a scythe, making it definitively a good game

garden story is real cute. I enjoyed it a whole lot.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The amount of time passed since the lord of the rings movie is the same as how old Wilford Brimley was when he was in Cocoon.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

And that man? Albert Einstein.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Looper posted:

I'm happy to report garden story has a scythe, making it definitively a good game

Hmm, games with scythes:

Bloodborne
Final Fantasy XIV

checks out

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Grim Fandango as well.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dantes Inferno too, its flawless

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the only thing ive ever bought on the ff14 cash shop, is the scythe pack that gives you edda's scythe for, like 6 different jobs in the game. not all of their animations really work with a scythe, dragoon looks real weird because theyre just stabbing with the blunt side of it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

white mage, however, looks Very Cool holding a scythe

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
did they update that pack to give you her scythe, for reaper

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

did they update that pack to give you her scythe, for reaper

yes, and you can also buy it a la carte if you already had the full pack

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
In dungeon fighter online there's the priest class which has the subclass centered around "eh god's ok but the devil has some points too yknow" and they wield scythes. They're pretty cool.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I am rapidly approaching the end of the great ace attorney chronicles and holy gently caress this is a good one of these games.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
https://twitter.com/lizaledwards/status/1472778732578299912

Lmao

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I was talking with my friend about Sonic soundtracks, and when we came upon SA2, I realized I didn't know any other games that have a strong portion of their soundtrack devoted to Bossanova like that game does with the Rouge levels, and I think that's a vastly untapped market. Can anyone offer suggestions to the contrary? I can only think of one-off, (usually) gag elevator muzak remixes like the one from Goldeneye 64.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Yesterday I was pretty disappointed in the original Halo, so I decided to jump straight to 3 and I like it. It's a pretty solid shooter, and in particular guns feel good to use. Also you can see that this is the studio that would go on to make Destiny.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I played donut county tonight and it was really good fun and took 1.5 hours. It was charming and fun. I'm realizing I haven't finished many games this year and I got some surprise time off between Christmas and new years when I'll be home alone, so I'm going to try to finish link to the past, Sekiro (on last boss, lol), life is strange: the new one, super metroid, dying light: the following, persona 5 (at the end of mementos) and maybe one or two other short games. I'm at the start of middle of a bunch more games but I'll finish the ones I'm close to done with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I am approximately 50 minutes away from getting all the trophies/achievements in One Piece Pirates 4.

What I came to post about is I am trying to figure out how .4% of people exist who got the achievement for getting 100 million money, which takes about 2x the length of time as beating the entire game by itself, do not have all achievements. There is no other achievement that requires effort like this money one does, and even if you sat down and said, well Im gonna beat every optional piece of content instead of just doing the ones tied to achievements you would still have finished them all with time to go trying to get this 100 million money achievement.

.4% of people said, yes, Im gonna play for 20 extra hours to grind out an achievement but not do any of the others that just involve clicking into a menu once.