Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/unluckyfootie/status/1472592524493697029

is this a new covid symptom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Harry Lime posted:

I have a strong feeling the Liverpool Tottenham game is the last one we are going to have for a while.

They will keep going until the gov shuts them down

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

They will keep going until the gov shuts them down

In Boris we trust.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

nah, Gus Poyet had it long before

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Thumping shits at a bar gets you in trouble with the police if you're Stephen Gerrard

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

brocked posted:

Thumping shits at a bar gets you in trouble with the police if you're Stephen Gerrard

these days, if you say you like Phil Collins, you get arrested and thrown in jail

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Did we ever find out which song it was Stevie wanted

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

Smack my bitch up

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

the sex ghost posted:

he was throwing punches synchronized with the drum section from in the air tonight

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

vyelkin posted:

these days, if you say you like Phil Collins, you get arrested and thrown in jail

Huh, turns out there *are* some circumstances where I Back The Blue.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

“I thought I won the ball”

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
This league is rigged. Crooked Harry gets to do whatever he wants.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It's ok, Robinson finished the job himself later.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

what is Pep melting down about?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheRat posted:

Smack my bitch up

That would be Ryan Giggs

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

what is Pep melting down about?

Liverpool won a game against city 3-1 in October 2019. City had a penalty claim wiped out in the first half and Liverpool went up the other end immediately and scored.

In the 2nd half Sterling got wiped out and had another penalty claim waived away. So pep is screaming "twice!!"

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Listen I know it's selfish of me but I hope they go ahead with the boxing day fixtures, a full round of games with my turkey sarnies and quality street, what could be better than tha-

on the other hand we should really be paying attention to the data and taking a long term view, better to postpone imo

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

Eric Cantonese posted:

This league is rigged. Crooked Harry gets to do whatever he wants.

He's a real oval office, op

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

quote:

The Athletic understands the main reason for the VAR not punishing Kane more was that Robertson was jumping when fouled — meaning the England captain did not catch him as badly as Robertson did Royal

Amazing

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

It's nice that they could see into the future and determine that.

I'd be happier if they didn't release their janky as gently caress reasons for being poo poo

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

CyberPingu posted:

I'd be happier if they didn't release their janky as gently caress reasons for being poo poo

Huge disagree. Get them up on match of the day and make them watch the footage and talk through exactly why they've massively bottled it. Parade them through the streets so the children can laugh and throw rotten veg at them

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

Huge disagree. Get them up on match of the day and make them watch the footage and talk through exactly why they've massively bottled it. Parade them through the streets so the children can laugh and throw rotten veg at them

I mean sure if they did this then great.

But currently it's just a shrug and a "oh well guess that's that then".

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

gently caress da refs

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Given the Brexit import situation I'm not sure it's wise to be throwing away edible food at this time

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

I'd like live mics please

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheRat posted:

I'd like live mics please

:hmmyes:

They have been a thing in rugby for years and it also might cut down on the backtalk that refs get

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

CyberPingu posted:

:hmmyes:

They have been a thing in rugby for years and it also might cut down on the backtalk that refs get

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttDbJxXsjl4

Only if Eric "Shut it" Samuels can be bought back out of retirement.

(context: ITV did a series called The Game about the East London Sunday League Division 4, including trying a couple of things that they wanted to see implemented in coverage of professional football, particularly mic'ed up refs, leading to the refs - particularly Mr. Samuels here, resplendent in a 1970s kit despite it being 1991 - being the real stars of the show. He's actually still alive (and doing two jobs despite being in his 80s now), I'm fairly certain he'd at least be willing to take a turn on VAR and explain his wacky decisions)

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

quote:

The Athletic understands the main reason for the VAR not punishing Kane is because hes a good lad and not that type of player

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

If I remember correctly carragher literally said "he's not that type of player"

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheRat posted:

If I remember correctly carragher literally said "he's not that type of player"

He backs into defenders who are in mid jump in order to draw fouls and has already injured people doing this.

He's a dirty oval office

Also Harvey Elliot was right.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
anytime you hear "he's not that kind of player" he absolutely is

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Jose posted:

anytime you hear "he's not that kind of player" he absolutely is

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1472864433609314315

Lingard can't leave Manchester because the wallet inspector told him he'd be right back.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

seems to me he knows he's gone anyway and wants the massive signing on fee instead

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I thought Lingard would be on some silly wage that nobody else would pay but apparently he’s on 75k/wk

Just a bit under 15% of Ronaldo’s salary

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

seems to me he knows he's gone anyway and wants the massive signing on fee instead

I think it's more likely that West Ham have switched priorities and he's now like fourth or fifth priority behind desperately-needed cover in central defence and up front so are unlikely to make a bid and he's realised the only other team seriously interested in him are - riches or not - probably better-than-evens to go down, so he'd rather pick up a couple of substitute appearances at 120k/wk and see what comes up next season. It's just funnier if you take it at face value and he's sitting there going "*This* time I'll get picked!".

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Im sure lingard could get a decent contract at most mid table or lower clubs to be honest. He's a decent player with crazy work rate.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
No way he's 29, surely Everton can pay him 90k a week to do gently caress all

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

JLingz has 6 months to force his way back into the squad at his boyhood club, and even if he fails he'll get a massive signing bonus from some mid-table club that he'll do quite well at. Reckon he's making the right decision tbqh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

yeah like a new club could get say £6m for him or he could get that money himself. Going to see a lot more players run down their contracts in future and its already happening a fair bit anyway