Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ImpAtom posted:

I mean if you're going by W/L then Goku also sucks as he loses way more fights than he wins.

No one said anything about a ratio. I said hard W's on the board and Gohan has Cell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

No one said anything about a ratio. I said hard W's on the board and Gohan has Cell.

What qualifies as a "Hard W" in this case? Because unless you're counting team battles (in which case Gohan has more Ws under his belt) he beat like.. Nappa, Recoom, Berta and Yakon?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Vegeta killed Nappa Recoome and Burta and Goku wound up with his rear end beat and in a healing pod after fighting the Ginyu Force so its not a clean W.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Kild posted:

Goku and Vegeta both got their rear end beat by a weaker buu lol

To be fair, both were running ragged at the end, to the point they had to wish Goku to full health to win the genki dama struggle

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kild posted:

Vegeta killed Nappa Recoome and Burta and Goku wound up with his rear end beat and in a healing pod after fighting the Ginyu Force so its not a clean W.

I'd give him the W because they were absolutely defeated, Vegeta just murdered their helpless forms.

On the other hand Goku has never actually beaten Vegeta.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Gohan showing tapes to Pan, “Yeah,
I used to have my own show. Started when your grandpa did a cartoon of me and the crew taking out Cell. Got so popular people demanded more. Had six seasons! The plot was just whatever grandpa heard from dad or whoever of what we were up to, with him as the big hero. Did you know my cartoon self defeated Buu? All the residuals went to your college fund, where mom and dad couldn’t find it. Even mom thinks a ‘residual’ is a kind of technique.”

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
Gohan being stronger than Buu but letting his guard down is at least less shameful than Vegeta being stronger than Cell but actively helping Cell power up.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Vizuyos posted:

Gohan being stronger than Buu but letting his guard down is at least less shameful than Vegeta being stronger than Cell but actively helping Cell power up.

Cell did return the favor to Gohan though by threatening his friendscrushing a bird watching AI's dying head.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Vizuyos posted:

Letting Cell power up is entirely on brand for Vegeta, while Gohan just being a giant dumbass is. Technically on brand but, he at least managed to kill Cell himself by the end.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Calaveron posted:

To be fair, both were running ragged at the end, to the point they had to wish Goku to full health to win the genki dama struggle

Yeah, as they said Goku and Vegeta got their rear end kicked by a weaker Buu.

I recently reread the Kid Buu part and it’s the Goku and Vegeta are wrong a lot hour.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Remember when Goku threw an earring at Gohan? Instead of flying or teleporting to him and handing it over?

And somehow, everyone makes that out to be Gohan's fault.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Remember when Goku threw an earring at Gohan? Instead of flying or teleporting to him and handing it over?

He can see a thousand punches coming in a second and can dodge all of then but he can't catch one earring? Again, this is Gohan cope.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gohan? More like Gohome and be a family man!!!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

He was catching baseballs and bullets just a few days earlier as saiyaman.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

this is a weird gimmick

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah, as they said Goku and Vegeta got their rear end kicked by a weaker Buu.

I recently reread the Kid Buu part and it’s the Goku and Vegeta are wrong a lot hour.

It's Goku and Vegeta's fault they even had to fight Buu in the first place, so that checks out.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

He can see a thousand punches coming in a second and can dodge all of then but he can't catch one earring? Again, this is Gohan cope.

Gohan sucks, but even so, Goku could've given him the earring better.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

ImpAtom posted:

Gohan, buddy, pal. I know you learned from Piccolo at age 6 but that was kind of an emergency. Maybe wait until your daughter is in at least kindergarten before asking Uncle Ex-Satan Demon to train her.

Saiyan babies start fighting at like 3 years old it's just tradition at this point.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Is the new chapter out tomorrow? I think it's always on the 20th, right?

Unrelated, but, the character bios place Pan as three years old, meaning this is still two years before the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai, so there's still a full 2 years for them to insert whatever stories they want. Also lowers the chances of Goten and Trunks being aged up if they appear at all.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nanigans posted:

Is the new chapter out tomorrow? I think it's always on the 20th, right?

Last I checked, yeah

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Funky Valentine posted:

Mr. Satan has already taught Pan the Dynamite Kick.

Considering Pan is canonically playing with her grandpa and dad playing superhero, she has the potential to have the most terrifyingly ridiculous fighting style since Gotenks.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Vizuyos posted:

It's Goku and Vegeta's fault they even had to fight Buu in the first place, so that checks out.
Shin's stupid-rear end plan is going off without a hitch until Babidi panics and pushes the Goku Button on Vegeta.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

'Too broken' Didn't he loving lose his 1 fight with it? And then was instantly outclassed by his dad and vegeta.

Gohan fans need to just realize the kid's a dud, always has been always will be. he's got less W's on the board than Krillin and less fun fights than Chiaotzu

He should stick to being a scholar/family man who isn't really keeping up with the heaviest hitters because he's not into it, but still shows up when it's all hands on deck because if Krillin is still showing up he has no excuse he cares and can help.

Also maybe quit going backwards constantly.

Also train more with his wife Videl should totally get to be a Z Fighter.

(Or maybe Piccolo shows up for training one day while Gohan's busy and Videl goes instead so Piccolo doesn't have to leave to go train alone. In spite of Piccolo's hesitancy it goes well and now it's a thing.)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It’s actually funny that if you think about it the last kid buu fight has no tension once everyone is revived as there are like 3 fighters who can take kid buu

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, but do you want Gotenks or Gohan to show up and choke again? :v:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Mangaplus link

So Gas was just screwing around. It is looking interesting at least. Next chapter, we will probably start the story on how Bardock beat Gas.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

CharlestheHammer posted:

It’s actually funny that if you think about it the last kid buu fight has no tension once everyone is revived as there are like 3 fighters who can take kid buu

Mystic Gohan, SS3 Gotenks. (?) since the potara are back super Vegito?

I may be misremembering my Buu era power rankings

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Fight this chapter looked pretty nice.

Shame that Gas's weapon summoning was apparently a weaker style he's now abandoning in favour of good ol' speed and beamspam. Was nice while it lasted.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

It's interesting seeing two people who wished to be the strongest being watched and critiqued by two people that earned being the strongest. I liked them pointing out how they don't actually know how to use their abilities properly.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...

Funky Valentine posted:

Shin's stupid-rear end plan is going off without a hitch until Babidi panics and pushes the Goku Button on Vegeta.

They could have possibly avoided Buu's summoning if Goku had just gone Super Saiyan 3 and pulverized Vegeta while he was crying tears of blood at being surpassed yet again. Instead, Goku insisted on fighting Vegeta on equal terms, guaranteeing a drawn-out fight where they'd wear each other down evenly over a long period, giving Babidi plenty of time to leech off the energy of them punching each other.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I also saw that MistareFusion episode this week.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Darth TNT posted:

Mangaplus link

So Gas was just screwing around. It is looking interesting at least. Next chapter, we will probably start the story on how Bardock beat Gas.

Oh hey, they're doing the Instant Transmission fight from Cooler's Revenge.

dipwood posted:

I also saw that MistareFusion episode this week.

Oh no, I've been found out.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Kinda bullshit that apparently wishing to be the strongest just gives you apparently all the same powers as the last strongest guy. I guess this dragon is just generous in his interpretation of a wish.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Pureauthor posted:

Fight this chapter looked pretty nice.

Shame that Gas's weapon summoning was apparently a weaker style he's now abandoning in favour of good ol' speed and beamspam. Was nice while it lasted.

Yeah this was my biggest disappointment with the chapter. A genuinely unique fighter and then they actively poo poo on his uniqueness.
Can do destruction and IT too :nallears:

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

They should end up on a planet with a monkey paw dragon and all the wishes go bad.

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡

TwoPair posted:

Kinda bullshit that apparently wishing to be the strongest just gives you apparently all the same powers as the last strongest guy. I guess this dragon is just generous in his interpretation of a wish.

That's just getting ahead of rules lawyering like "Raditz is stronger than Goku until Goku charges a Kamehameha, then he isn't. If Raditz can also charge up then it's his own drat fault when he loses.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lol at Goku of all people complaining about someone easily using moves it took hard work to learn.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

TwoPair posted:

The last strongest guy also became the strongest from a wish granted by the same dragon. Why would the dragon bother with coming up with new powers instead of just "same as last guy, +10%"? It's only been what, a week? And he's already getting the same wish again, twice in a row. Why should the dragon bother being original if the guy making the wish is just copying the last guy?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

rocketbrah posted:

That's just getting ahead of rules lawyering like "Raditz is stronger than Goku until Goku charges a Kamehameha, then he isn't. If Raditz can also charge up then it's his own drat fault when he loses.

Raditz does not know how to charge Ki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

ImpAtom posted:

Lol at Goku of all people complaining about someone easily using moves it took hard work to learn.

Yeah, that was my first thought when I read that line.

Like, how long did it take for you to learn IT Goku, an hour?