Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

IcePhoenix posted:

so the same as most wwe midcard title reigns
Same as most reigns in general of late, the Universal Title was introduced in August 2016 and was not defended in the following months:

February 2017
May 2017
June 2017
October 2017
November 2017
December 2017
February 2018
March 2018
May 2018
June 2018
July 2018
October 2018
December 2018
February 2019
March 2019
November 2019
April 2020
July 2020
November 2020
November 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Bring back the 30 day rule for championships - the champion has to defend at least once a month or risk being stripped. That idea always used to make things interesting to me since wrestlers couldn't just constantly run or refuse title defenses.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
That one gauntlet match where Seth wrestled for an hour or so was pretty loving good too.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Rampage went mostly as expected save for Cody beating Sammy (?!?!)

I know Sammy's reign wasn't lighting the world on fire but 3-time champ Cody was the last thing I expected

Somebody fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Dec 23, 2021

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

How was HOOK's match?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Rampage went mostly as expected save for Cody beating Sammy (?!?!)

I know Sammy's reign wasn't lighting the world on fire but 3-time champ Cody was the last thing I expected

loving pardon?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I am loving so happy guess why

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I thought to myself “eh, not like any of the Rampage results are in question, might as well click the spoiler thread just to get a vibe check on how good the matches were” and then Cody Rhodes made a fool of me

So uh, how were the matches

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I appreciate Cody for making it easier on people traveling to feel less bad about missing the show

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

xbilkis posted:

I thought to myself “eh, not like any of the Rampage results are in question, might as well click the spoiler thread just to get a vibe check on how good the matches were” and then Cody Rhodes made a fool of me

So uh, how were the matches

Awesome, Stat vs Leyla was a little clumsy but editing will fix it. Rampage maybe was more fun than Dynamite I was literally unhinged when Cody got that pinfall throwing my sign up, everyone around me was pissed like 25 people left immediately.

Tony made Cody vs Hook official for the next Greensboro show so that’s hype

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

I am loving so happy guess why

congrats

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Hell yeah. Glad you got to see the Code man go over brother

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Pylons posted:

How was HOOK's match?

loving great. His Fuego match wasn't a fluke, the kid is legit good.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Vandar posted:

loving great. His Fuego match wasn't a fluke, the kid is legit good.

Seconded. He came, destroyed a guy bigger than him and looked legit doing it. Kid is money

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

:)

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
lmao the AEW thread is gonna be great I can’t wait

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Seams posted:

lmao the AEW thread is gonna be great I can’t wait

God having to wait until SATURDAY instead of Friday to see the meltdowns is going to kill me. :negative:

Also the best part about fuckin' Cody getting the title again? After the show went off the air he got a microphone, looked down at his foot, wiggled it around, and said something like 'y'know, something about that match just now...it makes my heel hurt...'

Motherfucker is working us so goddamn hard.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Vandar posted:

God having to wait until SATURDAY instead of Friday to see the meltdowns is going to kill me. :negative:

Also the best part about fuckin' Cody getting the title again? After the show went off the air he got a microphone, looked down at his foot, wiggled it around, and said something like 'y'know, something about that match just now...it makes my heel hurt...'

Motherfucker is working us so goddamn hard.

I enjoyed them bringing CrocketJr into the ring as well

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
yeah, HOOK was a legitimate highlight and got the crowd going again after a long night of wrestling

TK booked HOOK vs. Cody for the next time they're in Greensboro during the aftershow send the crowd home happy bit

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
How deafening were the boos when Cody took it?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
not as loud as you might think, the crowd popped somewhat for the title change and I'd say about a quarter of the audience was already on his side

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i was kind of feeling like they needed to eject on the sammy title reign since it's been a bit of a dud (not his fault, he just hasn't had an interesting lineup of opponents/feuds) but this is like... the weirdest possible way to do it lol

hopefully cody gets to put a face over with another title change at battle of the belts or something

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

How deafening were the boos when Cody took it?

My section was booing the gently caress out of him.

There were two little kids sitting near me that did NOT like Cody and kept doing their own 'Cody sucks' chants during the match. It was adorable. :3:

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I don't really get people being shocked by Cody winning, he's very clearly on a "I've done nothing wrong here" heel turn plan and winning the title in what he in character can present as something that should be a big feel good moment but everyone hates fits that

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Vandar posted:

My section was booing the gently caress out of him.

There were two little kids sitting near me that did NOT like Cody and kept doing their own 'Cody sucks' chants during the match. It was adorable. :3:

yeah, I could not hear poo poo but boos during most of Cody's existence

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
drat I really thought Sammy's reign had more in it. Like, he could have had one more title defence main eventing on Dynamite ya know?

I get why they've put the belt on Cody though, there's some high calibre trolling ahead that I'm looking forward to.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Kosmo Gallion posted:

drat I really thought Sammy's reign had more in it. Like, he could have had one more title defence main eventing on Dynamite ya know?

I get why they've put the belt on Cody though, there's some high calibre trolling ahead that I'm looking forward to.

i wanted him to beat cody and lose to ethan page tbh.

i also want this to be a setup for somebody to smoosh cody into the ground, but, well. that is not faith i can really get behind.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
ADRENALINE
IN MY SOUL
3 TIME TV CHAMP CODY RHODES

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Is this the shortest title reign in AEW so far?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

i was kind of feeling like they needed to eject on the sammy title reign since it's been a bit of a dud (not his fault, he just hasn't had an interesting lineup of opponents/feuds) but this is like... the weirdest possible way to do it lol

hopefully cody gets to put a face over with another title change at battle of the belts or something

how was it even a "dud," they could have just let him keep it and have more matches. Dude is legit one of the better workers in the company so it's kind of bizarre to sacrifice him on the altar for this Cody heat

drat guess Tony was a Pam fan lol

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Majinfoose posted:

It’s the fourth shortest reign after Cody’s second TNT reign of 31 days, Brodie Lee’s TNT reign of 55 days and FTR’s Tag reign of 63 days.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Majinfoose posted:

Shortest was Cody's second at 32 days. Sammy's was also longer than Brodie's.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Maybe Sammy needs to take some time off to sort out life stuff.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I unironically want Cody to lose the belt to HOOK in his first defence

make it happen, Big Coward Tony

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Venomous posted:

Now is the time of HOOK

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Venomous posted:

I wouldn't bet against it, honestly

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Have Miro squash Cody, problem solved.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Cool Cody

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Have Malakai circle back to Cody, then have Miro circle back to the TNT title, so we can get a war of Heaven vs Hell over the belt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

sticklefifer posted:

Have Malakai circle back to Cody, then have Miro circle back to the TNT title, so we can get a war of Heaven vs Hell over the belt.

My brother and I were fantasy booking this Friday two nights ago.