Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I have a Costco credit card and in order to redeem the cash reward on it I had to go pick it up in person at a store.

Man, those folks really know how to prioritize requests. I found a manager by the registers and had my money in like two minutes and was out the door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The only worse than going to Costco on Christmas Eve is going to Costco on Christmas Eve and trying to get a pumpkin pie.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Get this.... imagine going to Costco today. :ghost:

I went yesterday and it was real bad, driving by today it looks much less busy. Think everyone is traveling or chilling at home already.

I still had a lovely time because it was costco

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's never all that busy on Christmas eve. Eves Eve is when it's crazy

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I went to Church earlier this week. I had a dog, drink and a slice. It was good.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Mine was empty when I went.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

iroc.dis posted:

Realized my sister-in-law and her husband don't have a Co membership despite having 3 children and several locations within easy driving distance in suburban Chicago. I couldn't let that injustice stand any longer. I sent them a gift membership for Christmas. PBUC

Costco Bless Us, Every one.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

CaptainCrunch posted:

Costco Bless Us, Every one.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
If you dont go to Costco at its worst you don't deserve Costco at its best.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Get this.... imagine going to Costco today. :ghost:

I actually did this. It was surprisingly mellow.

We needed TP because we’re having guests next week and I can’t predict how much they’ll poo poo.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
poo poo like Safeway was way worse than going to Costco today.

Why yes, I did both. Yes this straight jacket looks good on me!

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
No shame in giving gifts from Santa that are obviously Costco products.

Because Santa has good taste and definitely is an Executive Member.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

RocketLunatic posted:

No shame in giving gifts from Santa that are obviously Costco products.

Because Santa has good taste and definitely is an Executive Member.

My mom loved the wine crate and chocolates from Church.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

From my years in retail Christmas Eve isn't half as bad as the Saturday before Christmas

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

I got the 1000-piece Costco puzzle for Christmas. My wife got a two-pack of ThermoFlask bottles from Costco. Our 6-month-old niece got a set of wooden toys from Costco. My brother-in-law's dog got the four-pack of Costco dog toys. Church has been good to us this holiday season.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89U8XmNPyxw&t=2200s

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

FCKGW posted:

From my years in retail Christmas Eve isn't half as bad as the Saturday before Christmas

And the day after Christmas is it's own special hell

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
I’m doing the meat for a family meal of about 20. What’s Costco got for a good meat right now?

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Do all Canadian CostCos have poutine in the cafe, or just certain ones?

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Every one I’ve been to.

e: the bacon-wrapped stuffed jalapeños that showed up in the freezer section are so good

Lazyhound fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Dec 27, 2021

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
Reminds me, I was wondering, are Costco memberships international? Can my membership get me into a Canadian or Korean Costco?

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Paul MaudDib posted:

Reminds me, I was wondering, are Costco memberships international? Can my membership get me into a Canadian or Korean Costco?

Mostly. The UK only allows certain professions to become members and only recognizes certain other country's memberships. If you're American your card is good there.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Is there an exception for royalty?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-unisex-logo-hoodie.product.100789239.html

https://www.costco.com/costco-wholesale-unisex-logo-hoodie.product.100789921.html

They now have Kirkland Signature hoodies now.

bagmonkey fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Dec 27, 2021

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Are these the good Sherpa blankets that the thread raves about?

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Cartoon Man posted:

Dunno about anyone else but I love these so much and you should get one imo

I have the twin size for chilling on the couch and it’s perfect for two people too

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

We have three or four now. Both human and cat favorite

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It’s in the cart, thanks guys.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Paul MaudDib posted:

I've used my US executive membership in all but China and Iceland, and it works perfectly. I even returned some shirts I bought in the UK and returned in the US.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Paul MaudDib posted:

Can confirm for Korea at least. I'd assume it works everywhere.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I got loving bodied by an international member I've day while cashiering. Kept scanning her card and the fucker wouldn't go. Wouldn't go when I keyed the number either. Turns out you gotta do a key command first to scan non US cards

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

I got loving bodied by an international member I've day while cashiering. Kept scanning her card and the fucker wouldn't go. Wouldn't go when I keyed the number either. Turns out you gotta do a key command first to scan non US cards

Most international members I've dealt with are aware of this and make a point to tell you. It usually goes like "hey, before you try scanning my card just an FYI, it's an international membership." But also, there's a larger than normal Asian demographic where I'm at, and those cards are easy to identify with a quick look. Also also, I'm pretty sure the super special key command for non US cards does not apply to Canadian cards, those you can just scan like normal (or maybe that's only the case for me because I'm super close to the Canadian border). But it doesn't sound like you cashier a lot going by your previous posts.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
lmao, this frozen taiyaki following the airfryer method of 8 min at 350f is better than the majority I've had in japan, what the gently caress even, 10/10

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

BlackMK4 posted:

lmao, this frozen taiyaki following the airfryer method of 8 min at 350f is better than the majority I've had in japan, what the gently caress even, 10/10

Completely agree. The taiyaki (air fried, haven't tried it other ways) compares very favorable to Tokyo, 10/10 from ya boy as well. You can hit it with an extra minute or two and it becomes extra crunchy which is different but also good.

Anyways who has actually had luck with the 49.97$ serrano ham? I look every loving year and its never on clearance :smithmouth: how do they decide these things? It boggles the mind.

We finally joined the Pendleton sub-church and my cat extremely approves. He proceeded to make the bedroom (which doubles as my home office) the base of operations. you can tell because he brought his little sleepy toy that he only brings to the finest establishments:

By the way, I noticed that they now sell an 8 pack of chicken legs for $4.99. How long as this been going on?!?! That is an utterly fantastic deal that even surpasses the almost mythical properties of the whole rotisserie chicken itself.

They probably don't feel like spending the time to process the wings for the bulk package of white meat, so they sell it as byproduct. I'm all in though, that rules.

Bundabergs were also about 1/3rd off so I bought... um... a lot.

Happy holidays and Co'ing, yall.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Taima posted:

Anyways who has actually had luck with the 49.97$ serrano ham? I look every loving year and its never on clearance :smithmouth: how do they decide these things? It boggles the mind.

I posted earlier ITT but they had them marked down at our store and I snagged one. Sadly, it was pretty underwhelming. Maybe I'm just not cultured enough, but for the space and hassle requirements the taste was merely "ok" at best. Fam barely made a dent in it, so I ended up giving it to my brother to take to his in-laws for Christmas.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Taima posted:

By the way, I noticed that they now sell an 8 pack of chicken legs for $4.99. How long as this been going on?!?! That is an utterly fantastic deal that even surpasses the almost mythical properties of the whole rotisserie chicken itself.

Depends on a lot of factors like time of day, day of the week, etc. I see them more often than not at my local store on Tuesdays or Wednesdays right around opening.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Offhand does Costco price match their own app in store?

I’ve been trying to find this out and it’s kinda obtuse. Found a promo for a birthday gift for my wife and figured I’d just pop over and pick it up.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I don't see why they wouldn't honor their own pricing. Most effective method would be to just pop in and talk to customer service, show the price on the app, and see if they bite. If they refuse, throw a tantrum and get featured on an Inside Edition clip. It's win-win.

Zeromus
Dec 11, 2004

blugu64 posted:

Offhand does Costco price match their own app in store?

I’ve been trying to find this out and it’s kinda obtuse. Found a promo for a birthday gift for my wife and figured I’d just pop over and pick it up.

I'm pretty sure they don't price match the online store. You'd just have to buy it online. I should know this answer after 5+ years there now, but i'm not 100% sure.

As far as pricing goes, each store is different as they price match to closest competitors. For example, between 2 Costco stores near me there is a $3 difference for the same bag of Kirkland Walnuts. They're all about matching or beating closest brick and mortar competitors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Finally found the 505 green chili

PBUC