Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

weird way to introduce yourself but okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lol gotem

wait gotme

:negative:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

jesus WEP posted:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

cjs: i aint gonna do poo poo this week

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

jesus WEP posted:

lol

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
off until next tuesday, hell yeah

*stares at good screen, which is quite literally the same as bad screen, for 10 hrs per day until next tuesday*

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cold on a Cob posted:

*stares at good screen, which is quite literally the same as bad screen, for 10 hrs per day until next tuesday*

yeah, i'm pretty much doing the same thing, and i feel a little bad about it

not bad enough to do anything productive or useful, of course

watching taxi, and drat they had big steering wheels back then

prefect fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 27, 2021

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

cjs: i aint gonna do poo poo this week

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
it’s my birthday and I’m :smith: because I didn’t plan anything again, but I didn’t actually have anything I wanted to do and before Christmas my brain was happy with that, but… well… it’s a vicious cycle.

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

MrQueasy posted:

it’s my birthday and I’m :smith: because I didn’t plan anything again, but I didn’t actually have anything I wanted to do and before Christmas my brain was happy with that, but… well… it’s a vicious cycle.

happy birthday! i think i know the feeling
a way to stop yourself from feeling down could be to tell yourself “its my drat birthday and for this one day i dont have to make excuses for doing/not doing things”.
i hope you have a great day. some of the best birthdays i have had have started out like this but then i go for a walk, meet some friends or stay warm at home playing a game and end up enjoying it

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

MrQueasy posted:

happy birthday op

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

happy fuckin bday imo!!!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

chs: it's been raining, sweeping granules from the old roof onto that are on our awning onto the ground. i've been cleaning it up. as i was plugging the shop vac into the outlet, i smelled gas coming from a closed valve that's intended for hooking up a bbq or wok or something.

ms jones said "oh yeah it's always been that way, i didn't think it was a problem" :facepalm:

anyway, i called the gas company. they came out and removed the leaky valve and capped off the line. if we want to actually use it, we can have the plumber mess with it.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

MrQueasy posted:

happy birthday!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

cjs: too many junior people on my team are under the impression that you are supposed to work this week and keep slacking me.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
uh glad your house is not a smoking crater

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

uh glad your house is not a smoking crater

thanks, me too! any future leaks that ms jones finds will be an occasion to fuckin say something explosive gas is not supposed to leak jfc how could you possibly not know this

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i am also curious to see if this reduces our gas bill. how "jesus christ bullet dodged" i am is very related to how much gas we were venting into the back yard i guess

you could only really smell it if your nose was right up to the valve (as you do when plugging in the outlet, they're quite close)

also that outdoor outlet is non-gfci. thanks previous owner! (it's on the upgrade shortlist, but im gonna have an electrician do it cause i dont wanna gently caress with the external box)

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
please sit mrs jones down and explain to her some facts about safety and gas leaks

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

:shittypop: they do PSA campaigns on that poo poo for a reason

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i know. i am still deeply confused and concerned.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

look at all these nerds giving a poo poo about gas safety

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

my gas story (spoiler: very boring) is a couple days ago i forgot about the safety valve in lpg tanks. we'd picked a few gallons of plums off a tree and had them on the big propane stove that i normally used for brewing. getting them to a boil was going real slow for like an hour until i finally realized that the problem was the safety valve, rather than e.g. something wrong or clogged with the stove itself. turned everything off then turned on the regulator knob AFTER turning on the tank knob. that fixed it and the plums were boiling in like 20 mins lol

now we got lots of plum salsa

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

My gas story is my entire life

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

my gas-adjacent story is that I touched a hot plate’s handles like a dumbass :)

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Pollyanna posted:

my gas-adjacent story is that I touched a hot plate’s handles like a dumbass :)

hot metal looks just like cold metal

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

rotor posted:

Smells different tho

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

MrQueasy posted:

Happy birthday!

Achmed Jones posted:

ms jones said "oh yeah it's always been that way, i didn't think it was a problem" :facepalm:

lmfao

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

c weather s: we got four inches of snow and then it was 40f all day so now it’s foggy and snowy and excellent black metal album artwork material

mystes
May 31, 2006

rotor posted:

it has more angle brackets

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

so much drat snow today :/ like 20 cm if not more - so like 8 inches

sent my wife out in my car to work as it has studded tires just to be safe

only 30 mins to shovel but drat, annoying. gonna snow even more tomorrow

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
it snowed several inches in oregon. poo poo owns, i work from home so no commute issues, live in an apartment so no shoveling issues. all stocked up on food and drink. bring it on! more snow!! lol

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

further north we are getting freezing
rain and I’m not very happy about that

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

it's the coldest I can ever remember it being here right now, I can't even think of when it's hit this temperature overnight. earlier was looking at my balcony remembering six months ago when it was so hot I slept out there.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

when jonny gets back in the dating scene

https://twitter.com/hackingbutlegal/status/1475494911281614856?s=21

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Truman Peyote posted:

it's the coldest I can ever remember it being here right now, I can't even think of when it's hit this temperature overnight. earlier was looking at my balcony remembering six months ago when it was so hot I slept out there.

we’re having the coldest and warmest winter days in a long time simultaneously and it’s loving obnoxious

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Cold on a Cob posted:

yeah, same :geno:

prefect posted:

yeah, i'm pretty much doing the same thing, and i feel a little bad about it

not bad enough to do anything productive or useful, of course

yeah, same :smith:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The Fool posted:

we’re having the coldest and warmest winter days in a long time simultaneously and it’s loving obnoxious

my sinuses are attempting to kill me because of these swings

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Achmed Jones posted:

thanks, me too! any future leaks that ms jones finds will be an occasion to fuckin say something explosive gas is not supposed to leak jfc how could you possibly not know this

Suspected to have been leaking undetected for decades, an estimated 6 to 24 million gallons of fuel saturated the soil, posing a serious hazard to wells in the south valley connected to the municipal water supply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
cjs: i bought a 2018 dell latitude from a friend to try to do some music work on, it has 16 gigs of ram and a real SSD, and it worked for four hours and now just bluescreens or hard locks at the login screen. It is the biggest piece of poo poo I've touched in years. Meanwhile my 2015 macbook pro works perfectly every time. You poor bitches keep loving with running antivirus and memtest on your thrift store computers cause they're such a 'good value', i'm off to order an m1x.

e: i paid like $50 for it so i don't super care but lol lmao if you have to tech support sales bros using these pieces of garbage. just lol