Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Came 2nd just now against a Tickatus with SEVEN Dread Admiral Eliza's, which I feel must be hosed up somehow.

(2 Golden, 1 Regular)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Shockeh posted:

Came 2nd just now against a Tickatus with SEVEN Dread Admiral Eliza's, which I feel must be hosed up somehow.

(2 Golden, 1 Regular)

Lucked out with Tony in previous rounds before facing you?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

This is the saddest fart of a rune I've seen yet, briefly felt bad for my opponent

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
play pirate warrior with some brewmasters thrown in for this brawl, beat an evolve shaman for my one and done

edit: I just played regiskillbin in duels and saw now that’s he streaming, maybe I’ll be in a upcoming vid

edit2: just saw the recording on twitch (I’m the priest starting around 1h28m), didn’t realize how crazy the game was with all his consecutive topdeck saves jfc

Cry Havoc fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Dec 30, 2021

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Interesting Brawl interaction: if Khadgar is on the board when Santa drops more presents, he summons an extra of each, for both players.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
What deck has the highest win rate against Pirate Warrior right now?

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Libram paladin (according to hsreplay)

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I never get tired of winning games by Piercing Shotting my own 1 Health minions

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

thief rogue owns right now, I love jebaiting people in every game with the turn 3 double 0 mana gnoll + 2 3/3s

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Amazing

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

GTO posted:

Libram paladin (according to hsreplay)

Yeah I play exclusively quest warrior in Wild and Standard atm, and it feels impossible to beat a Libram Paladin in standard unless their draw is absolutely terrible and your draw is perfect. It's the only deck that feels like it can out tempo you early and then build a massive board late that is impossible to get through. Buff Paladin is also really hard to beat, and quest warrior is also an underdog vs the hand warlock and aggro hunter decks. The new report on the meta by Vicious Syndicate was released yesterday and they have Quest Warrior as a tier 3 deck that out-performs it's power level because it's so well established and easy to play when compared to a lot of meta decks right now that aren't clear favorites against it.

In wild on the other hand.. good luck buddy.

actually there are a couple decks which do reasonably well against it.. Quest Hunter and even Warlock are both decent matchups, and that new Guff druid deck seems heavily favored based on what I've seen from streamers playing it.

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Dec 31, 2021

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Beasteh posted:

thief rogue owns right now, I love jebaiting people in every game with the turn 3 double 0 mana gnoll + 2 3/3s

Yea, I'm kinda stunned a deck like this is tier 1. It changed the way cards like Secret Passage and the tradeables play, which is impressive. I've been doing way better with this tempo deck than with Questline Rogue.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I made the switch from quest rogue to thief primarily because thief beats pirate warrior and quest doesn't

e: also beats poison rogue by shadow stepping/tenwuing rustrot viper several times

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I think this iteration of thief rogue has the best tempo it's ever had which makes it much better for laddering.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

it's so popular right now I always just assume that my opponent is a disguised rogue and I'm usually correct

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Well as the year winds down and I find my quest warrior to be less and less powerful on the ladder, I find myself searching for other options and lo, what do I behold?

https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/deck-library/druid-decks/beast-druid/

Vicious Syndicate released their new meta report the other day and this beast druid deck that is performing really strong on ladder caught my eye. It ticks alot of boxes I typically look for in a deck as a f2p player on a relatively new account with basically no back collection:

1) degenerate aggro deck that looks pretty brainless to play (this is a necessity for me)
2) no legendaries in the deck to craft
3) the cards that I do need to craft are basically all from the recent couple expansions, so I will get another 15+ months worth of play out of them. The only rare card from the previous year's expansions is Arbor Up which is a strong card to have for Wild anyway.
4) the deck fits squarely in an established Druid archetype (token druid) that will probably continue get support into the future.

Give it a wheel if you are looking for a budget deck with some punch! less than 4k dust to craft from scratch, and if you've played any of the aggro / taunt druid stuff in the past you probably already have 90% of the cards.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
I wish someone had told me about how passage works with the gnoll when i was playing rogue!

Played Mozaki Mage to a late D5 and boy is that deck good right now. I also seriously hope that they'll stop balancing cards using animations, it's kinda frustrating. The turn timer is so short!

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Anyone want to do the challenge a friend quest? Noodles#11304 US. Don't care if I win or lose.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
added, i’m cryhavoc#1694 if anyone needs more friends

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

“haven’t played arena in forever, maybe give it a shot”

*first two games are brutal grindy losses where literally both opponents have Ysera in their deck*

well, see you again in 8 months or so

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

*first two games are brutal grindy losses where literally both opponents have Ysera in their deck*

I had a very similar experience with queuing duels. My first two upgrades had all six choices be either unsynergistic or actively anti-synergistic. I think I had the Shadow upgrade offered as Demon Hunter, stuff like that.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Yeah Arena is probably the game mode I play the most and the meta feels even more feast and famine than it usually does lol. Either you get a super fun deck with a 75+ rating on HearthArena or you get to play resign DH with 24 neutral minions and no late game.

Still better than Standard

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Couldn't get over the top :negative: Stalled out at 2 stars and just couldn't make it over, dropping to D3 + 2 stars before giving up.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Navaash posted:

Couldn't get over the top :negative: Stalled out at 2 stars and just couldn't make it over, dropping to D3 + 2 stars before giving up.

you'll get it next month for sure! The exact same thing happened to me the first time I got close to legend. What deck were you rolling with?

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Starsfan posted:

you'll get it next month for sure! The exact same thing happened to me the first time I got close to legend. What deck were you rolling with?

Pirate Warrior in Wild. Probably the easiest deck ever to play. A variant that uses 2 Cultist Neophytes to disrupt non-Pirate Warrior decks - I'm aware it does hurt to draw them in the mirror but most of the time it didn't burn me.

I went 3-7 once I hit 2 stars, losing to a Warlock who ran Mecha'thun OTK, 3 Warriors who got better draws (including one who drew the nuts on turn 3), a shadow priest who drew both Voidtouched Attendants by turn 4, a hunter who drew the one Powershot in his deck on turn 2 (which was the only thing that could hard shut me down at that point), and a C'Thun druid who had 27 armor early that I still could have conceivably killed on the last turn if I'd lucked out and gotten Smite + Gorehowl, but it wasn't to be.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Navaash posted:

Pirate Warrior in Wild. Probably the easiest deck ever to play. A variant that uses 2 Cultist Neophytes to disrupt non-Pirate Warrior decks - I'm aware it does hurt to draw them in the mirror but most of the time it didn't burn me.

I went 3-7 once I hit 2 stars, losing to a Warlock who ran Mecha'thun OTK, 3 Warriors who got better draws (including one who drew the nuts on turn 3), a shadow priest who drew both Voidtouched Attendants by turn 4, a hunter who drew the one Powershot in his deck on turn 2 (which was the only thing that could hard shut me down at that point), and a C'Thun druid who had 27 armor early that I still could have conceivably killed on the last turn if I'd lucked out and gotten Smite + Gorehowl, but it wasn't to be.

aww yeah that's bad luck, some really bad matchups and coin flipping the wrong way on mirrors. It does seem like in the last couple weeks Wild has developed a few really strong counter decks to pirate warrior so the path to legend is going to be more of a grind now than the parade route that existed before :(

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Navaash posted:

This got me to Wild Legend and I am playing it again cause card back.

### Pirates OK?
# Class: Warrior
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Bloodsail Corsair
# 2x (1) Bloodsail Deckhand
# 2x (1) N'Zoth's First Mate
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 1x (1) Raid the Docks
# 2x (1) Sky Raider
# 2x (1) Small-Time Buccaneer
# 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 2x (2) Fogsail Freebooter
# 2x (2) Harbor Scamp
# 2x (2) Parachute Brigand
# 2x (2) Ship's Cannon
# 1x (3) Ancharrr
# 2x (3) Defias Cannoneer
# 2x (3) Southsea Captain
# 1x (5) Loatheb
# 1x (6) Mr. Smite
# 1x (7) Rokara, the Valorous
#
AAEBAaPLAwb6DpG8At6tA5j2A7+ABLyKBAzUBeUH+w+CsAKgvQLdrQPpsAP+5wOV9gOcgQSmigSvoAQA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Freeze shaman feels really good pulling off the Bolner Y'shaarj OTK but I live in constant fear of Mutanus

It dunks on thief rogue so it's a good deck to climb with currently

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Beasteh posted:

Freeze shaman feels really good pulling off the Bolner Y'shaarj OTK but I live in constant fear of Mutanus

It dunks on thief rogue so it's a good deck to climb with currently

I just won a close game against a Freeze Shaman as Thief Rogue because Mr Smite gave my Prize Plunderer charge for exact lethal. Totally forgot it was a Pirate and almost ran out the rope before playing it. Dealt over 30 damage in one turn all up.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Just played a cheater mage on standard ladder, glad to see that delightful technique has made it's way over from Wild.

Really not feeling this meta, I think it's going to be a break for me until they get this trash sorted out.

**and it's not just the cheater mages.. I don't particularly enjoy playing against Thief Rogue either which seems to be around 40% of the players at the moment.. what happened to the Libram Paladins, I picked my new deck partially to counter them :(

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jan 2, 2022

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Starsfan posted:

Just played a cheater mage on standard ladder, glad to see that delightful technique has made it's way over from Wild.

Really not feeling this meta, I think it's going to be a break for me until they get this trash sorted out.

**and it's not just the cheater mages.. I don't particularly enjoy playing against Thief Rogue either which seems to be around 40% of the players at the moment.. what happened to the Libram Paladins, I picked my new deck partially to counter them :(

You're talking about the animation hackers, right? It's far too easy to tell because they're doing way more actions than should be possible (by quickly clicking away every action as it happens and the turn timer goes like 30 seconds past when the fuse should burst) Especially when they do it on turn 8, they shouldn't have anywhere near enough time under normal circumstances.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I've been killed on turn 6 by an animation hacking Mozaki mage who went coin flow into flow into double refreshing spring water and already had Moz in hand

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Navaash posted:

You're talking about the animation hackers, right? It's far too easy to tell because they're doing way more actions than should be possible (by quickly clicking away every action as it happens and the turn timer goes like 30 seconds past when the fuse should burst) Especially when they do it on turn 8, they shouldn't have anywhere near enough time under normal circumstances.

I'm sad this is the end result of the APM decks. It was so fun seeing if people could pull it off back in APM priest, just very funny to see a technical execution barrier in a card game.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Navaash posted:

yeah, you can actually tell they are hacking just from watching them on turn 1 or 2 because they play cards instantly and it looks very unnatural.. like usually there is a delay at the start of your turn because there's the animation of the 1st card being drawn out of your deck, but they get that card instantly..

if you've ever watched yourself recorded (like if you happen to get matched up vs a streamer in duels or arena or w/e and you watch it back) you will see that even if you had made your decision on what you were doing before the turn started and played it as soon as you could, when you watch the replay there's a 2 or 3 second delay from the start of the turn as you select the card. With the cheaters the cards zip out of their hands.

**and yeah not every APM mage is cheating by a long shot, and it's not even really necessary to cheat if you are good enough at the deck and making quick decisions, but it is becoming more popular. this video by top wild player Jack goes through the details: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7BbobJ075k

***Also lol apparently people are doing the animation skipping cheat in ranked BG's too

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jan 2, 2022

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
the perfect way for the final game of the day to end.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Here’s the ramp Druid I took to legend over the holidays last month, I’m pretty happy with the final product

### Cthunid
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 1x (1) Ivus, the Forest Lord
# 2x (1) Nature Studies
# 1x (1) Resizing Pouch
# 2x (2) Capture Coldtooth Mine
# 2x (2) Ironbark
# 2x (2) Lunar Eclipse
# 2x (2) Moonlit Guidance
# 2x (2) Solar Eclipse
# 2x (3) Moontouched Amulet
# 2x (4) Overgrowth
# 1x (5) Wildheart Guff
# 2x (6) Best in Shell
# 1x (6) Nourish
# 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
# 2x (8) Cenarion Ward
# 1x (8) Deviate Dreadfang
# 1x (9) Malygos the Spellweaver
# 1x (10) C'Thun, the Shattered
#
AAECAbr5Awi/4AOP5AOm7wOO8AO1igSJiwTanwTxpAQL6LoD7LoDm84D8NQDieADiuADouEDpOEDpPYDr4AEsKUEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

It’s a more defensive focused C’thun Druid that puts up massive taunts very consistently. I think that running 10 drops is a trap when Malygos suddenly becomes a very consistent source of draw with coldtooth mines, and the ironbarks turn him into a 15hp taunt for free.

C’Thun is there for the C’Thun cards, to be honest. Druid removal needs all the help it can get and suddenly you’re able to kill a massive Paladin minion/monster ivus or clear a wide board. Occasionally you complete C’Thun and finish off a mage or copy it against a priest but really the strategy is to ramp and then fend off the aggression with taunts and armor gain.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Starsfan posted:

Yeah, every new expansion feels like they didn't playtest it or they did and didn't give a gently caress because their metrics say the players want non-stop Trolden "gotcha, bitch" bullshit mechanics.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
The hacking makes a lot of things fall into place. I've played the deck a decent amount and wasn't ever quite fast enough and wondered how everyone else was.

Anyway, this is my fav new deck:

### ZooLock
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Desk Imp
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (0) Ritual of Doom
# 2x (0) Snowflipper Penguin
# 2x (0) Target Dummy
# 2x (0) Wisp
# 2x (1) Grim Rally
# 2x (1) Kobold Librarian
# 2x (1) Malchezaar's Imp
# 1x (1) Soulfire
# 1x (1) The Soularium
# 2x (1) Wicked Whispers
# 2x (2) Boneweb Egg
# 2x (2) Expired Merchant
# 2x (4) Frostwolf Warmaster
# 2x (6) Hand of Gul'dan
#
AAEBAcn1AgLOB4+CAw6zAY0QvLYC4soC8tAC3IYD/aQDtbkD184Dz9ED1dED0OEDjecD3qQEAA==
#

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Admittedly I don’t really play wild, but Blizzard assuming they could control how many actions players could make per turn using animations then being surprised when players figured out how to speed up/disable animations in the client is extremely funny. Seems like the solution is to avoid making cards/combos that are power limited by animation duration. Heck, I’d love to have the option to turn off most animations sometimes, and not because I want to cast ten million spells per turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Yeah watching that video made me realise how much game time you spend watching the animations. Tablet and mobile payers are already disadvantaged by the as they seem to take longer there, I'd favour an option to remove or speed them up.