Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
It will take LSU winning just to get the SEC up to .500 in bowl games (and that probably won't happen lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Sounds like A&M may be going after DJ Durkin for DC. I’m fine with it as long as he’s good, but I’m not sure whether he’s good?

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

General Dog posted:

Sounds like A&M may be going after DJ Durkin for DC. I’m fine with it as long as he’s good, but I’m not sure whether he’s good?

Do you enjoy coaches with kill counts? If so, DJ Durkin is a good one.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

korrandark posted:

Do you enjoy coaches with kill counts? If so, DJ Durkin is a good one.

Maybe if they don't hire him, Aggies can let him be an unsanctioned, off-campus DC.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

He’s on strike one for sure, in my book

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

DJ Durkin should be unemployable. I'd be upset if my school were pursuing him for sure.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Though it was an asskicking from start to finish, the biggest thing that UGA did was just dominate the line. We took they playmakers out of the equation at the line and it obviously worked. Bully-ball, y'all:

https://twitter.com/FTB_Vids_YT/status/1477119047678365699

https://twitter.com/Trey2Trigger/status/1477437393095565312
(excuse the lame-rear end caption, but Pickens straight abused Dax Hill here)

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

General Dog posted:

Durkin was a great DC at Florida and Michigan, but that was over 5 years ago. His Ole Miss defenses have been ranked 80th, and 42nd in SP+.

I don't know why Jimbo would hire DJ Durkin when he can hire a DC with better recent performance, and who didn't indirectly kill a player. Being Jimbo's DC is a great job that will get you a good HC job, and pay you very well until then!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

KKKLIP ART posted:

Though it was an asskicking from start to finish, the biggest thing that UGA did was just dominate the line. We took they playmakers out of the equation at the line and it obviously worked. Bully-ball, y'all:

https://twitter.com/FTB_Vids_YT/status/1477119047678365699

This is incredible footwork and technique.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

This is incredible footwork and technique.

Senior, former 5-star, likely second-round pick or so. It's a nice luxury to match their absolute best player up against a guy who will also play on Sundays.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

What did Urban Meyer did that made him unhireable? I haven't followed the story.

Lied to his bosses whether he knew how badly his WR coach was beating his wife, took a please-go-away “retirement” then had the loving chutzpah to teach a class on Leadership at OSU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Somebody will still hire him.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

Somebody will still hire him.

One America News probably already called him

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

At this point I think we could populate an entire news network with disgraced sports figures TFF/SAS have earmarked for gigs at Fox News/OAN/Newsmax

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

yeah not every objectionable figure is destined for a job as a conservative commentator

urban will probably get his job at fox sports back after a year or two off though

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

General Dog posted:

At this point I think we could populate an entire news network with disgraced sports figures TFF/SAS have earmarked for gigs at Fox News/OAN/Newsmax

Don't worry, I'm sure they still have room for you too.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I've always just taken it as a euphemism for commentary on their character.

"He will get hired at OANN" is just telling me who he is, not actually what he's going to be doing later.

Maybe I've been reading it wrong and everyone is serious when they say it 🤷‍♂️

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

General Dog posted:

I don’t think people realize those gigs pay nothing. Urban Meyer is the last person I would expect to work for free

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

General Dog posted:

Sounds about right. Plus, CNN's already full of sex offenders.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
Disgraced sports figures lean CHUD I guess.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/42_reborn/status/1477813370141253633?s=21 a day after a massive game in the Fiesta Bowl, an OK St defensive lineman transfers to Mizzou

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

KKKLIP ART posted:

https://twitter.com/Trey2Trigger/status/1477437393095565312
(excuse the lame-rear end caption, but Pickens straight abused Dax Hill here)

Looks like Dax Hill was talking some poo poo and Pickens had something to say about it.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

General Dog posted:

Yes, funny how after people like Clay Travis, Jason Whitlock, Colin Cowherd, Britt McHenry, Rob Parker, Chris Broussard, or Brock Huard all have made the ESPN to Fox jump after or before making conservative or racially controversial remarks, us idiots at TFF make jokes about that being a possible repeatable career arc.

Stupid us :rolleyes:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

To err is human, GD; I forgive you all.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

kayakyakr posted:

Looks like Dax Hill was talking some poo poo and Pickens had something to say about it.

Honestly with Pickens and his history of being a hot head, it might have not been too bad of an idea. Unfortunately, Hill found out that wasn't going to fly.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

GD_American posted:

Yes, funny how after people like Clay Travis, Jason Whitlock, Colin Cowherd, Britt McHenry, Rob Parker, Chris Broussard, or Brock Huard all have made the ESPN to Fox jump after or before making conservative or racially controversial remarks, us idiots at TFF make jokes about that being a possible repeatable career arc.

Stupid us :rolleyes:

I don't know who all of those guys, but I do know some. Big difference is those guys all started doing sports news of some sort, and are still doing it, just over on Fox. It's a little different if you're just bringing in an endless parade of disgraced ball players/coaches, there's only so many places to put them all, and there are a lot of them. Still hoping Urban just slinks off never to be seen again, but I'm sure he'll come back in a few years, they all do.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I feel like Meyer's pride won't bend to the point of accepting a "rehab" job.

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me

Troy Queef posted:

https://twitter.com/42_reborn/status/1477813370141253633?s=21 a day after a massive game in the Fiesta Bowl, an OK St defensive lineman transfers to Mizzou

What's happening in the OL room at Okie State? Another lineman from there (Hunter Anthony) is portalling to Nebraska.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/1478111137325535242?s=21 well then.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

USC starting QB Caleb Williams

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
Notre Dame has now lost the Fiesta Bowl to every possible OSU - Oklahoma State, Ohio State (twice), and Oregon State.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

USC starting QB Caleb Williams

Do they want him?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

General Dog posted:

Do they want him?

reportedly the leader for Williams is UGA, as their QB situation next year isn’t that great and they are flush with NIL cash

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Is this gonna be the new way to find out what kind of NIL money you can get?

also, lol

downout
Jul 6, 2009

PBCrunch posted:

What's happening in the OL room at Okie State? Another lineman from there (Hunter Anthony) is portalling to Nebraska.

The post you quoted said def lineman. I'm too lazy to look if that's right, but losing a defensive coordinator could trigger some transfer movement.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

The other rumor I’ve heard is whoever hires Joe Brady will also get Williams, and Miami is reportedly going to make that move at the first possible juncture

whiggles
Dec 19, 2003

TEAM EDWARD
How much longer before we get the first fan-administered GoFundMe to throw a bunch of cash at a blue chipper? Is it now? Is it me???

Maybe Caleb has a Venmo...

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

whiggles posted:

How much longer before we get the first fan-administered GoFundMe to throw a bunch of cash at a blue chipper? Is it now? Is it me???

Maybe Caleb has a Venmo...

Can uhh you do this? I could definitely recruit better than Mullen if that’s the case

whiggles
Dec 19, 2003

TEAM EDWARD
100% of raised funds if he stays at OU.
10% if he leaves.
0% if he heads to USC.

Someone tell me they are a lawyer and that this is a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I do feel like this bodes ill for OU. Biggest rumor right now is he's getting $2 million for Georgia, if there aren't any wickedly wealthy OU fans willing to pay up for their gladiators that's going to start stinging sooner rather than later.

It is still just a rumor and the staff that recruited him is gone, but all the same.

Judgy Fucker fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jan 4, 2022