Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wait the Triple Crown is vacant? AGAIN!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Wait the Triple Crown is vacant? AGAIN!?!

yeah Jake Lee had to vacate it due to injury

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Someone should debut using the ring name "vacant" and claim to have 100s of titles to their name.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

triple crown hasn't changed hands in the ring since suwama beat kento in korakuen hall on march 23rd 2020 right before all the shows shut down due to covid

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Surely Honda can be discounted, since Jake will no doubt be challenging when he comes back and Honda just joined his stable.

Still, him even being in the convo is good

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Honda definitely isn't winning but him even being in this is a huge vote of confidence. I wouldn't be surprised if Kento beats him in the final.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Hey, good news!

https://twitter.com/deadbeatjom/status/1478142487705358346?s=20

Fujita "JR" Hayato has announced he's coming back to wrestling, so I guess he's fully recovered him his spine tumour!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

4 days in & I've already got a multi-show backlog. God drat. 2 AJPW, 1 Stardom, TJPW, DDT, NOAH & NJPW. Plus 2 shows that haven't aired yet, from BJW & Freedoms. And they doesn't touch on the shows leftover from last year to catch up on.

Oh well, taking my time, enjoying some of the new AJPW young boy and also that Ashino & Rising HAYATO are under contract now.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

After the shows I watched at the start of the year its refreshing to see a show full of "ok" matches.

Saito Bros continue to improve with every outing, fair play to them.

And now a match with Super Crazy & TAJIRI in it. 20 years too late guys.

In non-All Japan news, Kyushu Pro ran their first ever show in Tokyo on Monday, and drew nearly 300 in Shinjuku FACE, which is close to COVID capacity, so that is good for them. You can watch that show on their Youtube: https://youtu.be/6Vluwb0IKDY

Might start including them in the weekly schedule. And if there's any other groups whose stuff is easily available that you want included just ask

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

forkboy84 posted:

also that Ashino & Rising HAYATO are under contract now.
oh hey they can book Ashino as TC champion now, I can finally watch AJPW again if he wins

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The other thing I was supposed to post, saw quite a few rumours on Twitter when I was trying & failing to avoid Wrestle Kingdom spoilers. Seems people expect Naoya Nomura to show up on tomorrow's NOAH show.

No idea if this is based on anything, and I've not put it in the spoilers thread because it is only rumour but spoiler tagged it just in case you don't want to know at all.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The traditional 2/1 battle royale is normally a bit dull but Yoshitatsu Kingdom turning on Yoshitatsu because he tried to tell them what to do and then Tachibana, Akki & Ueki Triple powerbombed in. Big face pop in this house

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

forkboy84 posted:

The traditional 2/1 battle royale is normally a bit dull but Yoshitatsu Kingdom turning on Yoshitatsu because he tried to tell them what to do and then Tachibana, Akki & Ueki Triple powerbombed in. Big face pop in this house

wait so did they kick out Yoshitatsu out of his own stable or was it just for that match

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I skimmed through the undercard of the New Years shows and I also popped for Yoshitatsu getting attacked by him own Kingdom

Lily Catts posted:

wait so did they kick out Yoshitatsu out of his own stable or was it just for that match

We can only hope that Ueki has taken over and they become a deathmatch stable, but life is rarely that kind

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lily Catts posted:

It was probably just for the match but we can dream. (Honestly, at this point I dunno what Yoshitatsu adds. At least TAJIRI is a decent trainer, Yoshitatsu is clearly past his best, and even that he was helped by tagging with Kento a lot. Let him go, sign one of Doi or Arashi. Or both)

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I dunno where could Yoshitatsu go, I think of AJPW as a containment zone to keep his vile influence from spreading to the rest of puro. He has a lot of creative control for some reason (i.e. the worked "shoot" matches).

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lily Catts posted:

I dunno where could Yoshitatsu go, I think of AJPW as a containment zone to keep his vile influence from spreading to the rest of puro. He has a lot of creative control for some reason (i.e. the worked "shoot" matches).

Dove Pro. Ryuku Dragon Pro. Ehime Pro. Yanagase Pro. Gatoh Move. He could become a salary man.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

forkboy84 posted:

Gatoh Move.

Please no

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Ryuku Dragon Pro

how dare you

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Why would you curse gatoh move like that

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Lily Catts posted:

Send him back to WWE in exchange for setting Tozawa free.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

They could fix him

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Why would you curse gatoh move like that

I think it'd be funny watching him job to Lulu

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Ninja Mack is coming to Pro Wrestling Noah, which isn't a phrase I thought I'd be typing ever.

https://twitter.com/noah_ghc/status/1478621613965086720

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I love the contrast from when American promotions announce a new talent and you get rude rear end in a top hat posting "WHO?" gifs, the replies are people being like "Oh wow, an unfamiliar wrestler cool!"

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I have no idea who that is but considering the roster NOAH have assembled is mostly extremely fun I am excited to see who!

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

afaik he's not that great, but to hell with it, a stint in NOAH will do him good

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
ok but whens chris ridgeway going to be able to return

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

I have no idea who that is but considering the roster NOAH have assembled is mostly extremely fun I am excited to see who!

he's a high flyer who can do a lot of cool flips but is insanely green

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Sounds like he can learn a lot from HAYATA

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Alaois posted:

he's a high flyer who can do a lot of cool flips but is insanely green

Send him to All Japan instead to mentor under SUGI.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

SG Bamboo posted:

Send him to All Japan instead to mentor under Yoshitatsu

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Shoot-style Ninja Mack

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Ninja Mack's tour of the factions

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Noah needs to get as many Macks as AAA have clowns. Da Mack from WXW, Monsta Mack from ROH, Willie Mack from Impact, Rodney Mack...

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
This is Ninja Mack

https://twitter.com/kiarrrrrrash/status/1388602626363777030?t=GT6dK6_ptSXtnbNns9BwXA&s=19

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I want to see Kenoh kick him

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lamuella posted:

I want to see Kenoh kick him

I want to see him try to do this to Kazuyuki Fujita.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Need to catch up with both days of NOAH but saw on twitter the surprise appearance of Super Crazy and Dragon Kid. Definitely more excited for one of those over the other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

OH MY GOD WHY WOULD YOU BOOK HIM? HE'S loving GARBAGE.

I assume this is just NOSAWA loving anything & everything Mexican & hey, he's in Japan at the moment so gently caress it, but then why not book Diamante instead who is not a broken down mess?