Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I think he debuted the half-mask at that time, to half-answer your question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Of Coons
May 5, 2006
What does “raw after mania” entail? Is it historically good or a shitshow, both or what?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

King Of Coons posted:

What does “raw after mania” entail? Is it historically good or a shitshow, both or what?

It used to be a night with lots of big angles and debuts. An instant sellout because it would be as newsworthy as Wrestlemania. Now it's just kind of a show. Sometimes they do big stuff sometimes they just repeat everything for Wrestlemania Backlash.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You forgot that the fans boo the faces and cheer the heels! It’s Bizarro World Maggle!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Canada can be anywhere if you piss off enough people

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Yeah a guy named Gene Snitsky caused Lita to have a miscarriage with her and Kane’s baby and Snitsky showed no remorse and punted a babydoll into the crowd.

You forgot that Lita was pregnant because Kane raped her, and they had a storyline shotgun wedding, with Kane pointing the proverbial shotgun toward the woman he raped.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Is there a meme or reference to something for the sign in the crowd that's just a frame with the middle cut out and says "Connecting..." around the border? I see it at just about every AEW show.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

Is there a meme or reference to something for the sign in the crowd that's just a frame with the middle cut out and says "Connecting..." around the border? I see it at just about every AEW show.

It’s a lovely zoom call joke because those are the height of comedy after 2 years of everyone living on zoom.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Ah. This is what I miss for sticking with Discord, I guess.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Have there been any good moments from Kane since being unmasked? I honestly can't think of a single thing.

He electrocuted Shane's testicles and set JR's stunt double on fire before being killed for about a week via burning dumpster, it was a good time for people who like both wrestling and Friday the 13th

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

King Of Coons posted:

I tried looking up the big events from Raws After Manias starting with the one that I think turned it into something people were expecting, and while there are a lot of things people were excited about in the moment, it's funny to look back at all of them now:

Wrestlemania 28 - Rock challenges Cena to a rematch a year out, Lesnar returns after being gone for eight years and lays out Cena
Wrestlemania 29 - Undertaker/Kane (and Danielson) re-unite against the Shield, Ryback turns heel
Wrestlemania 30 - Paige debuts and wins the Divas championship, Rusev makes his non-Rumble main roster debut, Cesaro aligns with Paul Heyman, Shield/Evolution feud kicks off
Wrestlemania 31 - Not much of anything. AJ Lee wrestles what turns out to be her last match?
Wrestlemania 32 - Apollo Crews, Enzo & Cass, and Baron Corbin debut on Raw, Zack Ryder loses the IC title after one day, AJ Styles wins a #1 contender's match
Wrestlemania 33 - Revival debut, Kurt Angle returns as GM (after HOF induction),
Wrestlemania 34 - Authors of Pain, No Way Jose and Ember Moon debut, Bobby Lashley comes back, Jeff Hardy returns from injury, Paige retires
Wrestlemania 35 - Sami Zayn and Alexa Bliss return from injury, Lars Sullivan debuts. A title unification match between Seth Rollins and Kofi Kingston is advertised but ends in a no contest when The Bar attack them.
Wrestlemania 36 - Technically the Raw debuts of Oney Lorcan, Danny Burch, Deonna Purrazzo, Brendan Vink, and Denzel Dejournette. Also their only Raw appearances I think, thanks to covid-panic-booking. Big Show returns in what is revealed to have been a secret world title match taped after Wrestlemania went off the air.
Wrestlemania 37 - Bray Wyatt says goodbye, LILY THE EVIL DOLL debuts, T-Bar and Mace join Bobby Lashley as the new Hurt Business which is dropped almost immediately, Charlotte Flair makes a grand return from a month-long absence

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Was the Ziggler cash in after 27? Probably the biggest pop of his career.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

https://twitter.com/EddieTsikretsis/status/1366535095549575168?t=KE9g5HsKsDfC8KhG_t_Wrg&s=19

https://twitter.com/asherjbaker/status/1428050945884229632?t=tJ5whBgNsIGSS_4fQuIKew&s=19

https://twitter.com/supercoolnstuff/status/1310617498966876160?t=ePGnE1KA_mxD282wviS41w&s=19

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Happy to see that people are representing Natural Vibes in America

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Never saw those before, it's usually a solid yellow border.

Lily Catts posted:

Happy to see that people are representing Natural Vibes in America

Shall we dance? :dance:

Dekk
Aug 31, 2001
I think Connecting People Through Wrestling is a YouTube channel. The guy shoots through his sign. I deeply hate that I know this and I will never forgive the algorithm for it.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Has Billy Gunn had any references to "rear end"/"Mr. rear end"/the concept of "rear end" while in AEW?

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Has Billy Gunn had any references to "rear end"/"Mr. rear end"/the concept of "rear end" while in AEW?

He was entranced by Sonny Kiss during a battle royal in the early days, and incensed when MJF eliminated Sonny.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gavok posted:

Trevor Murdoch.

I genuinely thought Trevor might be Captain Redneck's kid for a hot second. While Dick Murdoch himself was... you know, I do miss the 'name yourself after an established wrestler playing off a vaguely similar appearance.'

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

Shall we dance? :dance:

Ah yes, what a lovely film.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Edge & Christian posted:

Wrestlemania 30 - Paige debuts

It’s really crazy how short Paige’s run was. And sad

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

PublicOpinion posted:

He was entranced by Sonny Kiss during a battle royal in the early days, and incensed when MJF eliminated Sonny.
dunno if gimmick or just a normal human reaction to sonny kiss

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Him and his sons are The rear end Boys

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Spuckuk posted:

Him and his sons are The rear end Boys

Did someone official say this aloud or like have it printed somewhere?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

a cyborg mug posted:

It’s really crazy how short Paige’s run was. And sad

Back when they were Divas the WWE women tended not to stay very long, unless you were Nattie or Alicia Fox. Granted Paige and AJ are the only ones I can think of where it was due to injuries, probably a few more but a lot of women just stepped away before that happened (or were fired for not making Vince horny enough.)

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Manwithastick posted:

I would love to hear some experiences with betting on wrestling - if you follow this as closely as I imagine we mostly do it seems like a daily easy thing to win at surely? That said I remember a guy betting his home on an undertaker WM match the year he lost to lesner

My betting site of choice had some 'X will appear live' bets for this year's wrestlemania: The Rock, Ronda Rousey etc. But they included Hulk Hogan at 6/1 who had already been announced as being the host of the show and lives in Florida so that was a pretty safe bet.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

reality_groove posted:

My betting site of choice had some 'X will appear live' bets for this year's wrestlemania: The Rock, Ronda Rousey etc. But they included Hulk Hogan at 6/1 who had already been announced as being the host of the show and lives in Florida so that was a pretty safe bet.

that was just a Hollywood Hulk Hogan death pool

King Of Coons
May 5, 2006
thank you both :tipshat:

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Did someone official say this aloud or like have it printed somewhere?

Danhausen started calling Billy's sons The rear end Boys a couple months ago on twitter and it's completely taken hold thanks to Austin Gunn's constant insistence that they are NOT rear end boys. Billy has begun to own it and the audience now chants "rear end boys" during their matches.
https://www.shopaew.com/roster/gunnclub/gunn-club-a-boys.html

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

AHHH BILLY rear end AND THE rear end BOYS

And Billy wears a shirt that says "SONS OF THE GUNN" with that crossed out and rear end BOYS scrawled above it

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
the WWE started running Japan shows relatively frequently in the early 2000s. Was WWF tv available to Japanese audiences in any capacity? If not, how did they draw? Just off the novelty factor?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So what do wrestling companies do about people in the crowd that get hit with stuff like water, blood, milk, beer, and semen? Does security run around and hand out cash for dry cleaning?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

So what do wrestling companies do about people in the crowd that get hit with stuff like water, blood, milk, beer, and semen? Does security run around and hand out cash for dry cleaning?

Pretty sure the ticket says "it's your problem, you assume 100% of the risk by paying us to be here."

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Low Desert Punk posted:

the WWE started running Japan shows relatively frequently in the early 2000s. Was WWF tv available to Japanese audiences in any capacity? If not, how did they draw? Just off the novelty factor?

WWE had a TV deal with J Sports for 25 years, which was periodically renewed so business must have been OK. J Sports declined to renew this year.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

One of these things far less likely to happen than the other four. I'll leave it up to the reader to determine which one I mean.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Depends on whether or not Kurt is out and about with that drat cum truck

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

All of the water, milk, beer, and semen gets donated to a local food bank after the show. Fans are allowed to take home the blood as a souvenir.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

One of these things far less likely to happen than the other four. I'll leave it up to the reader to determine which one I mean.

Yeah, we don't say blood. We say THE MYSTERIOUS RED LIQUID!!!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Edge & Christian posted:

Wrestlemania 31 - Not much of anything. AJ Lee wrestles what turns out to be her last match?

Brock F5'd Michael Cole and some other randos, that was nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Maxwell Lord posted:

Back when they were Divas the WWE women tended not to stay very long, unless you were Nattie or Alicia Fox. Granted Paige and AJ are the only ones I can think of where it was due to injuries, probably a few more but a lot of women just stepped away before that happened (or were fired for not making Vince horny enough.)

"Nobody wants you on a poster they can put on their wall!" rasps the Worst Laurenitis Brother.