Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Barreft posted:

I just want a new DAOC

We almost got it from Camelot Unchained, but it was effectively canceled. :/ Turns out the devs were scamming everyone that crowdfunded it. Now they are out of money and can't finish it is what I last heard, but also the devs have proven to be liars and misleading people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

I said come in! posted:

I need Amazon to not drive that into the ground. I have been watching the Korean version be played by people for years now, and played the Russian version myself, and it was so good. The game itself is actually really awesome. Amazon can really only gently caress it up by having bad servers, and a terrible pay to win cash shop. All of the data mining suggests this will happen lmao.

Yeah I would love for it to do well cuz a non trivial number of people do seem to love the game for what it is, but uh I would not stake my food budget on it either

Vermain posted:

It should be noted that this now-infamous posting was made at a time when the game was already deep underwater and gasping for breath. It would be tone deaf at the best of times, but posting it when the future of the game was inches away from a sheer drop demonstrated how remarkably daft the remaining developers were and killed off the last remnants of the raiding scene for good.

that's p much the ion interview of gifs, good lord

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jan 3, 2022

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Crowfall had the classes feeling like daoc but everything else about it was garbage

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

So how is this game? I own Asus 3080 TuF OC and 30€ without monthly fee sounds reasonable. Does the game still burn rare and expensive GPU's to crisp?

My friend is running a company and they have pvp area battle at evenings on 20:00 clock local time. Sounds reasonable.

They say they make more money in taxes than their company uses money so it turns a profit.

I could join his company and play with them. I'm mainly interested in pvp. WoW PvE got stale after wotlk and I played mainly pvp afterwards. How's the pvp in this game, worth the 30€ to give it a shot?

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Have you read this thread?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ihmemies posted:

So how is this game? I own Asus 3080 TuF OC and 30€ without monthly fee sounds reasonable. Does the game still burn rare and expensive GPU's to crisp?

My friend is running a company and they have pvp area battle at evenings on 20:00 clock local time. Sounds reasonable.

They say they make more money in taxes than their company uses money so it turns a profit.

I could join his company and play with them. I'm mainly interested in pvp. WoW PvE got stale after wotlk and I played mainly pvp afterwards. How's the pvp in this game, worth the 30€ to give it a shot?

Just about anyone that’s bought the game will tell you they got their money’s worth from the price of it. I personally enjoy it and still play.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Yeah I got a decent six weeks out of it and a fuckload of laughs, no regrets

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
its a broken as gently caress game, but yeah I still had a blast from level 1-40 or so

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

kedo posted:

Have you read this thread?

No. It seemed to be full of completely irrelevant discussion like anime pants and poo poo. That's why I asked. So it seems to be worth the money, and apparently it doesn't burn any more gpu's, thanks!

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Ihmemies posted:

No. It seemed to be full of completely irrelevant discussion like anime pants and poo poo. That's why I asked. So it seems to be worth the money, and apparently it doesn't burn any more gpu's, thanks!

Yeah, but on the other hand, they've stopped player trading several times, the economy has crashed in both ways several times, there's fairly obvious signs of "let's just add more grind to keep the brain worms happy" patches, the support team ranges from Riot Games to insane and the title of the thread is LOL AND LMAO.

But hey, if it's heavily discounted, go nuts and feed the brain worms.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

No it's loving terrible Jesus Christ don't listen to these people

Honestly it's grind central, buggy as gently caress, full of baffling design decisions, and it's unlikely to improve.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

RagnarokZ posted:

Yeah, but on the other hand, they've stopped player trading several times, the economy has crashed in both ways several times, there's fairly obvious signs of "let's just add more grind to keep the brain worms happy" patches, the support team ranges from Riot Games to insane and the title of the thread is LOL AND LMAO.

But hey, if it's heavily discounted, go nuts and feed the brain worms.

Sounds like a fun game tbh. Two movie tickets are 30€ so if I get 5 hours out of the game it has been worth it already.

Edit: As long as it does not burn my $2000 GPU.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Video games will be compared to the cost of movie tickets long after the last theater on Earth has closed.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Ihmemies posted:

People are talking about anime pants because talking about anime pants is a better use of your time than playing this dead, broken game.

Since you care bout PVP, a better question to ask might be, has PVP improved at all? Because last I heard it was a lot of standing in healing circles while trying to kill nigh-unkillable enemies who are also standing in healing circles, or exploits that make certain PVP events impossible (literally from the last page of the thread: https://forums.newworld.com/t/explo...included/661452), or servers where one of the three factions so completely overwhelms the other two that they control every zone on the map and a server merge/fix is nowhere in sight, or a dearth of open world PVP because it's all just lvl 60s and/or gank squads curbstomping everyone who isn't max level so hardly anyone flags, etc.

Some people are still enjoying this game, but it's a minuscule fraction of the original audience for a reason.

e: Don't get me wrong, there's still 100k+ people on Steam (at least) who are playing the game, so it apparently still strikes the fancy of some people. But I'm genuinely curious what percentage of those people are still playing due to sunk cost fallacy.

kedo fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 5, 2022

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Meh. Why can't people make good games anymore :(

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ihmemies posted:

It may not be a good game but I enjoy it which makes it a good game to me. As multiple goons mentioned it was worth their monies for what they got out of it so go ahead and pull the trigger and come up with your own opinion of it.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
the pvp in this game is tremendously newbie-unfriendly so if you are specifically wanting pvp as a main activity i'd advise against

when the game was new you could get away with a lot more than you can now

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ad by Khad posted:

the pvp in this game is tremendously newbie-unfriendly so if you are specifically wanting pvp as a main activity i'd advise against

when the game was new you could get away with a lot more than you can now

God I hate to agree with you on anything but yeah. It’s nothing a dedicated player can’t learn with time like any other game. I enjoy the poo poo out of it now.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Ihmemies posted:

because people keep comparing it to movie tickets and paying for bad games

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Ihmemies posted:

I got 464 hours out of it before I called it quits and that had more to do with the people I was playing with than the actual game itself.

Its good, its awful and has a very uncertain future.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Proud Christian Mom posted:

I got 464 hours out of it before I called it quits

Wow that's a value of at least like 38 movie tickets!!!

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Meme Poker Party posted:

Wow that's a value of at least like 38 movie tickets!!!

So good. Best investment ever!

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer
Just logged in after a few days of inactivity.

I can't think of any reason for this. I don't chat, PVP, grief or do anything remotely shady as far as I know. Lvl 41 after about 70 hours.

Time to hit the Appeal Decision button.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
Were you in a company? A lvl 41 running around without a company this far into the game probably gets reported by people thinking you’re a bot.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

Grimey Drawer

cosmicjim posted:

Were you in a company? A lvl 41 running around without a company this far into the game probably gets reported by people thinking you’re a bot.

Yes, although I was probably one of the only members that has been online the last couple of weeks due to general disinterest in the game. But they should be used to that :)

Don't have any mods installed or done any suspicious trading. I'm really baffled

edit:

Amazon response posted:

We reviewed the information you provided on appeal and have confirmed that the original disciplinary action was merited in your case.

Play fair

Do: play within the rules of the game.

Do not: exploit bugs or other unintended uses of game features.

Do not cheat, bot, hack, or use other software or services that give you an unfair advantage through, for example, unattended gameplay or game modifications.

Do not engage in real-money trading of in-game items and in-game currencies.

We reserve the right to determine what constitutes unfair play and to take corrective action we deem appropriate

We can’t share any further information about our decision.

lol and lmao

Turambar fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 5, 2022

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol ags

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Ihmemies posted:

From a favorite youtuber on the subject of New World being on sale:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7tQGJm606k

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Third World Reagan posted:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Turambar posted:

Yes, although I was probably one of the only members that has been online the last couple of weeks due to general disinterest in the game. But they should be used to that :)

Don't have any mods installed or done any suspicious trading. I'm really baffled

edit:

lol and lmao

:wtc:

This is the biggest lol and lmao of this thread page. I would bet an entire paycheck on this being an automated system and no one actually checked your reasoning for being banned or the evidence.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Third World Reagan posted:

Yup. There we go, people have spend a decade buying crap games because "I just want a few hours of fun" and here we are, as we say in the old country:

"Plague or Cholera, your choice."

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Turambar posted:

edit:

lol and lmao

I dont feel like playing anymore after seeing this. Total bullshit response.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Turambar posted:

edit:

lol and lmao

From others in the industry, I have heard that another company operates on a process of “We won’t actually look into it until the second appeal. The bots won’t appeal because they know they’re guilty, and any legitimately innocent player will be so outraged that OF COURSE they’ll appeal more than once!”

Which is indeed mind-bogglingly stupid for a number of reasons, but… If you still care enough and you can, appeal again.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Turambar posted:

edit:

lol and lmao

lmao

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I logged in to check and see if I had the same issue, because I too am level 41 with about 70 hours. I am not banned unfortunately.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

RagnarokZ posted:

Yup. There we go, people have spend a decade buying crap games because "I just want a few hours of fun" and here we are, as we say in the old country:

"Plague or Cholera, your choice."

It is almost like they could not spend their money on lovely games or take more time to think about poor purchasing behavoirs.

Instead lets compare it to how many bigmacs it is worth or some other dumb metric like movie tickets.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

I said come in! posted:

I dont feel like playing anymore after seeing this. Total bullshit response.

I don't know how anyone sees that and goes "ya this will be money well spent!"

Amazon has to be following a strategy of tanking this and squeezing whales on the way down

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Doom Rooster posted:

From others in the industry, I have heard that another company operates on a process of “We won’t actually look into it until the second appeal. The bots won’t appeal because they know they’re guilty, and any legitimately innocent player will be so outraged that OF COURSE they’ll appeal more than once!”

Which is indeed mind-bogglingly stupid for a number of reasons, but… If you still care enough and you can, appeal again.

Yeah, I'll probably appeal again. If I knew I did something wrong I would go "lol, they got me", but this is just loving infuriating.

I'm actually one of the few people that still wants to play this game, and now this...

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Turambar posted:

Yeah, I'll probably appeal again. If I knew I did something wrong I would go "lol, they got me", but this is just loving infuriating.

I'm actually one of the few people that still wants to play this game, and now this...

Keep appealing until you get an actual person to look over your case and when they overturn it either ask for compensation or a full refund if you're just done with NW at that point.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

It’s a sign. Join the happy majority of posters in this thread who have already quit and just hang around shitposting for the fun of it.

Trust me, it’s better over here! You can move on, become whole again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Turambar posted:

Good luck, I tried to appeal my name ban twice but they ignored it both times. Best thing to happen since that was enough for me to move on.