Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Bleach dropped the ball with a lot of characters but I’m glad it never elaborated on why one of Ichigo’s friends appears to be a womanizing terrorist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Some mysteries are better left unsolved.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

PringleCreamEgg posted:

3. Yamamoto vs Wanderweiss

Yamamoto's "bitch you think I need a sword to kick your rear end?" and then punching an arrancar that had already chumped several captain level vizards to death ruled.

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Ichigo just deciding to suddenly win was awful. “I can’t get hurt anymore” was so dumb. The fight against Ulquiorra was bad too, just taking turns powering up while Origime screams Ichigo’s name. Cool designs and a couple cool moments, but the fight sucks overall.

Eh, Ichigo kinda has the whole Yusuke thing going on where his level of power is pretty deeply tied to his emotional state. When he's collected and confident his powers peak, and when he's afraid or unsure they plummet. When Ulquiorra and Yammy first show up in Karakura and Ichigo tepidly intercepts them because he's freaking out about losing control of his hollow, Ulquiorra thinks to himself that Ichigo's power is jumping all over the place from even stronger than him to weaker than your average hollow. So I'm fine with the turning point of the Grimmjow fight being Ichigo reconciling his fear of his hollow and regaining the confidence to win.

I actually thought it was kinda neat that for a lot of the early Arrancar/HM arcs Ichigo seemed markedly weaker than he was back in SS when he fought Byakuya - even with his mask - because his fears were blunting his power.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Sydin posted:

Yamamoto's "bitch you think I need a sword to kick your rear end?" and then punching an arrancar that had already chumped several captain level vizards to death ruled.

Eh, Ichigo kinda has the whole Yusuke thing going on where his level of power is pretty deeply tied to his emotional state. When he's collected and confident his powers peak, and when he's afraid or unsure they plummet. When Ulquiorra and Yammy first show up in Karakura and Ichigo tepidly intercepts them because he's freaking out about losing control of his hollow, Ulquiorra thinks to himself that Ichigo's power is jumping all over the place from even stronger than him to weaker than your average hollow. So I'm fine with the turning point of the Grimmjow fight being Ichigo reconciling his fear of his hollow and regaining the confidence to win.

I actually thought it was kinda neat that for a lot of the early Arrancar/HM arcs Ichigo seemed markedly weaker than he was back in SS when he fought Byakuya - even with his mask - because his fears were blunting his power.

Ya but he subdued the hollow and already had that arc vs Kenpachi. So its kinda lame imo.

quote:

恐怖を捨てろ
Cast off your fear
前を入ろう
Look forward
進め
Go forward
消して立ち止まるな
Never stand still
引けば老いるぞ
Retreat and you will age
臆せば死ぬぞ
Hesitate and you will die
叫べ、斬月
Shout, Zangetsu

Is his supposed release chant too.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kild posted:

Ya but he subdued the hollow and already had that arc vs Kenpachi. So its kinda lame imo.

I think it makes more sense for that to never go away completely than be resolved in his first big fight.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

chumbler posted:

I think it makes more sense for that to never go away completely than be resolved in his first big fight.

It was never really a thing until he lost his powers the first time tho. Before that he's the fearless dumbass running up to any and every fight including a Menos Grande and tanking it's Cero just cus. Then he's a scared baby fighting with Urahara until he releases his sword and then he's OK again until Kenpachi.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, kenpachi would be very intimidating.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Thanks to this thread I keep getting Bleach videos in my feed, and this is the first one that made me burst out laughing in a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuvoPvol5ao

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Gologle posted:

Thanks to this thread I keep getting Bleach videos in my feed, and this is the first one that made me burst out laughing in a while.

It is kinda Sado.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Parrotine posted:

If Kubo actually follows through with the Hell Arc I hope he does the ultimate fanservice-y thing in it, a permanent Getsuga state bankai.

That look was cash money

Being in hell should do weird poo poo to your soul and make your powerups demonic/spookier

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gologle posted:

Chad can never lose, in our hearts.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Gologle posted:

lmao holy poo poo

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I liked "I can't let you hurt me anymore." because I kinda took it as, Ichigo was more concerned with beating Grimmjow than anything else, because he had to be to keep his Hollow transformation going, that was the first time he held it for more than a few seconds. But him saying that was him kind of remembering, more than anything, he wasn't there to fight, he was there to save Orihime.

Which, y'know, plays more into Kubo working towards Ichigo and Orihime being the natural pairing until he throws all of that carefully done set-up in a dumpster *checks notes* one chapter later?

Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra was kinda much worse because it feels like it was a fight that was supposed to happen way later. Ulquiorra using his Resurrecion, then using another Resurrecion later in the fight while he was already winning is kind of a dead giveaway that he was probably supposed to have more than one more fight with Ichigo.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Gologle posted:

I never watched much of the anime, but holy lol they even made Chad job in the filler arcs. That’s hilarious.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
infamously so, 90% of Bleach's filler and movies are just a re-enactment of previous fights, just with new filler/movie exclusive characters. I think the most blatant example is the Hell Chapter movie where Uryu beats the fat guy by slicing him with his light saber then throwing the explosive vial and Rukia beating the tentacle monster with her ice sword after he dangles her close to his head.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

lezard_valeth posted:

infamously so, 90% of Bleach's filler and movies are just a re-enactment of previous fights, just with new filler/movie exclusive characters. I think the most blatant example is the Hell Chapter movie where Uryu beats the fat guy by slicing him with his light saber then throwing the explosive vial and Rukia beating the tentacle monster with her ice sword after he dangles her close to his head.

Ishida and Rukia deserved to be in a better manga

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

Ishida and Rukia deserved to be in a better manga

The post you're quoting was explicitly about the anime though

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I never watched much of the anime, but holy lol they even made Chad job in the filler arcs. That’s hilarious.

I like the filler arc where they set up that a guy has this new power that makes zanpaktou abilities totally useless and hey that's contrived, but sure I'll accept that ichigo's friends get to fi- Ichigo kills him in hollow form easily

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Tunicate posted:

I like the filler arc where they set up that a guy has this new power that makes zanpaktou abilities totally useless and hey that's contrived, but sure I'll accept that ichigo's friends get to fi- Ichigo kills him in hollow form easily

i can't tell if you are talking about the Aizen replacement captain arc or the clones arc

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Remember when Genryuusai was like, "do you know why I've been captain commander for a thousand years? It's because... for one thousand years... a shinigami stronger than me has not been born."

That was cool.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I liked it when he hit the bad guy with the edge of his sword and it would eradicate their soul out of existence

EDIT: goddamn I kinda wanna see this dude animated, his standbankai is hysterically busted

edit: nooOOOoooOoOooo walked into that one :(

White Light fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Feb 21, 2022

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Nah I'm pretty sure Byakuya's bankai is just more petal blades.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I'm not sure if I can find an english print of Spirits Are Forever With You vol 1! I ordered it from Amazon but got the Japanese copy by mistake, turns out they only sell that version.

Barnes&Nobles only had the English print of part 2 as well; how hosed am I on tracking a copy? Do I have to resort to a pdf version :barf:

EDIT: Turns out there is no official English translation out there to buy! Best option is a fan translation PDF in the wild

White Light fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Mar 8, 2022

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://www.fanverse.org/threads/klub-outside-kubo-answers-translations.1239498/

Q&A with kubo.

quote:

Q185:
I would like to know more about the relationship between Mask de Masculine and James. Going off of Yhwach's comment about James having died, would it be correct to assume that James is the real body whereas Masculine is just a fictitious form of his?
A185:
James is the real one while Masculine is the embodiment of his ideal hero.

E: lol

quote:

Q295:
Word on the streets has it that you actually ended the Substitute Shinigami arc earlier than planned. Is that true? If so, please let us know what you originally intended to write in terms of story.
A295:
That I originally intended to write an episode for each of the classmates, but on the way got bored and scrapped the idea? That's actually true. I believe I actually mentioned this in one of the Character Guide Books or something.

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Mar 27, 2022

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

quote:

Q66:
Grown up Ichigo sure looks a lot like his dad Isshin. Did he also inherit his hairy chest genes? I'm curious.
A66:
I would like to believe in the power of Masaki's genes.

Holy poo poo these are gold.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

quote:

Q75:
In the final chapter we see that Chad has become a boxer that is aiming to become champion. Up until then Chad had sworn that he would never use his fists to fight for himself so what happened? Did something happen that made him change his mind, or is there someone special to him that he wishes to protect by pursuing the title of boxing champion?
A75:
Nothing changed. Chad simply considers boxing a "martial arts" sport and doesn't view it as something violent.

uh huh

Edit: lmao

quote:

Q278:
This is something that I've been thinking about ever since I read Volume 12, but has there ever been any kind of physical relationship between Aizen and Hinamori? If you ask me, I feel like Aizen not engaging in this kind of thing with her is more in-character for him so I personally believe nothing of the sort happened.
A278:
I think it would be more fun to leave this question unanswered.

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Mar 27, 2022

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Kubo is just in full idgaf mode with some of these questions, lol

quote:

Q213:
In regards to Byakuya's grandfather, Ginrei, when Kyoraku brought up the names of the Shinigami that have been Captains for over a hundred years he was not mentioned. Was his service as a Captain rather short?
A213:
I forgot about him! Let's blame it on Shunsui.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Sydin posted:

Kubo is just in full idgaf mode with some of these questions, lol

Sometimes you can tell he does have some further idea about something unshown, other times it's obvious he doesn't. Discerning which is up to the reader

quote:

Q115:
Byakuya says that Ichigo is the second person to ever witness Senkei. Who was the first person to see it?
A115:
I cannot answer this here.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I don't really care about Bleach by now and neither should you - Kubo Tite.

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 27, 2022

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

I don't really care about Bleach by now and neithet should you - Kubo Tite.

I do, but for the love of your own series just DRAW something already :cry:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

quote:

Q144:
When Grimmjow was about to tear off Loly's leg in volume 32, what was she going to say after the "No, wait! It'll be our little secret!" line?
After getting told that I've got a bad personality I haven't talked much about it openly, but what happens before and after that scene is one of my favorite moments!
A144:
"I'll let you bang me!" is what she would have said. Judging by Loly's character, this is the kind of thing she would've said to save her skin. A friend of mine who is a popular mangaka also told me that they loved that scene so feel free to talk about it.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I refuse to believe that drawing big breasts is difficult for that man

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

He was complaining about syzaels ressurection not nemus fatty nattys

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

I suspected the James and Masculine thing.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
there's something to love about how bluntly he demonstrates that he shouldn't be writing. I would like.....10,000 more chapters by this man.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
So instead of Thor having the same power as Mask, James has the same power as imagination kid, only he can imagine a very specific thing

Maybe having as many enemies as alphabet letters wasn't such a good idea

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

james just has a pure love of wrestling and heroes

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
kubo please direct this level of foresight towards things that matter.

quote:

Q158: As Aizen said "No one ever stood atop the heavens before", he then looks at Ukitake and continues "Not you, or I, or the Gods". Was that "you" bit supposed to imply the relationship between Ukitake and the Soul King?

A158: Yes.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm glad Barragan gets a cult even in death.

quote:

Q47:
Back in the Arrancar Arc, Gantenbainne was healed by Captain Unohana but what became of him afterwards?
A47:
He is still alive. The "God" he was talking about is Baraggan, so right now he is gathering other Hollows that worship Baraggan and building a small country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Woah....

quote:

Q117:
Back when Old Man Zangetsu tried to tell his name to Ichigo inside his spiritual world, it was covered in black ink and couldn't be seen. Was that the doing of Ichibei Hyosube?
A117:
That is correct.