Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a wireless headset that has a PTT button on it? My wife needs one for teams and I guess BT would be best here but maybe one with a dongle would work better?

Right now she’s using a USB headset but would like to be able to move away from the computer during long meetings.

Budget is like $50 or so and maybe over the ears or on ears (hers are currently on ear).

Definitely needs a PTT button though.

Amazon has the Microsoft branded one for $60 but some of the reviews are pretty bad lol. It does have a teams button though…

Limited-time deal: Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset - Wireless Headset,Comfortable On-Ear Stereo Headphones with Noise-Cancelling Microphone, USB-A dongle, On-Ear Controls, PC/Mac - Certified for Microsoft Teams https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B094YZB4BD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_dl_C29E31C26BGYQ988YM1C

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jan 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Does anyone know of any PowerBeats Pro cases that integrate Qi chargers?

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Why not just go with a headset that has a mute button? I'll continue to recommend the Jabra headsets. I have the Evolve 75. It's got both a mute button and you can flip the mic up and it auto mutes (and bring it down to unmute). It also has noise cancelling if you need that. I'm on calls literally all day and this headset has made WFH infinitely better.

The only downside is price. I think they run like $200 or so and have stock issues since everyone is buying them.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lowness 72 posted:

Why not just go with a headset that has a mute button? I'll continue to recommend the Jabra headsets. I have the Evolve 75. It's got both a mute button and you can flip the mic up and it auto mutes (and bring it down to unmute). It also has noise cancelling if you need that. I'm on calls literally all day and this headset has made WFH infinitely better.

The only downside is price. I think they run like $200 or so and have stock issues since everyone is buying them.

That’s not a bad idea I’m just not sure she wants to spend that much. I’ll keep that on the wishlist though if I can talk her into it.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I have a Plantronics Voyager Focus UC, works great with Teams and has a mute button. There’s a ton of them refurbished on eBay under $100.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I got the Sundaras today, they're hella comfortable and also I like how grippy the headband is. Don't feel like if I move my head an inch forward they're going to fall off.

panic state
Jun 11, 2019

Budget - $50-$100
Source - Laptop or iphone
Isolation Requirements - Do you need isolation? No on the headphones, would be nice on the mic
Preferred Type of Headphone - IEM? Over-ear? Etc. Wireless headphones with mic (customer support job) over-ear not on-ear
Past Headphones - Let us know what you’ve had and what you’ve liked/disliked about them. ATH-AT500X. fit was too large, didn't like the look, would prefer a normal headband
Preferred Music - Let us know what you’re listening to. alternative beats

e: nvm

panic state fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 10, 2022

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE posted:

The rattling noise I mention up there only happened with that one pair. The others all just developed a rumble/hum.

Thank you. Wow. Eight failures. If I didn’t enjoy them so much id write it off after a point but they’ve pretty tightly integrated into my day now.

Passburger
May 4, 2013

njsykora posted:

I got the Sundaras today, they're hella comfortable and also I like how grippy the headband is. Don't feel like if I move my head an inch forward they're going to fall off.

Once your cushions go to poo poo, which they will eventually, consider these instead of the super expensive ones from Hifiman: https://www.amazon.se/gp/product/B08KZR1C8F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&language=en_GB&psc=1

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Oh yeah I know better than to go direct to the source for accessories, I'm already looking for a longer cable though since the standard one is too short to hook up to the Sony micro system I got super cheap last year.

Passburger
May 4, 2013

njsykora posted:

Oh yeah I know better than to go direct to the source for accessories, I'm already looking for a longer cable though since the standard one is too short to hook up to the Sony micro system I got super cheap last year.

These are the one's I got, but you might find better ones out there.
https://www.amazon.se/gp/product/B08CX78M1T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe

AlternateAccount posted:

Thank you. Wow. Eight failures. If I didn’t enjoy them so much id write it off after a point but they’ve pretty tightly integrated into my day now.

I would absolutely have given up on them if I hadn’t put together a relatively quick way to get them to mail me a replacement pair. I really like them when they work, but I won’t buy another pair until a redesigned model comes out.

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
IEMs to avoid: TRI Meteor, Audiosense DT600, any KZ, any CCA.

lovely iems getting me down :(

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I (drunkenly) pre ordered the new LETSHUOER S12 planar IEM set when they had a big discount. The graphs look pretty good and people that have received them so far have been enthusiastic, multiple people saying they prefer it to the 7HZ Timeless. My set should show up this week hopefully.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
I tried to read up on the S12s and all I found was a thread on headfi full of stupid pieces of poo poo talking about 200 hours of burn in and I had to stop before I became some sort of headphone-based supervillain and started building a death ray to get rid of them all.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
It's a different driver but the graph honestly looks pretty much exactly like the timeless and it's like $140

ugly rear end shells imo but if it sounds like the timeless that price is insanity

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I’d laugh a lot if 7hz figured out the secret to a planar IEM and everyone now just copied them.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

njsykora posted:

I’d laugh a lot if 7hz figured out the secret to a planar IEM and everyone now just copied them.

I mean tbf, that's what always happens. Same with e-stat tweeters, etc.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

njsykora posted:

well i'm hoping we'll see improvements quickly, but what i suspect is a ton of cargo cult knockoffs at first.

the blon-03 is a good example, it baffles me that nobody has been able to do that tuning at that price range in a better shell with a better cable. even blon seems to have no idea how to improve it.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Any reason to avoid the Sony WF-C500 if I just want a cheap wireless bud?

I already have WH-1000XM4s so grabbing Sony makes things easy as I have the app etc.

Wang Commander
Dec 27, 2003

by sebmojo
Been daily driving the Sennheiser 58x for a few years, got covid and holed up in a bedroom where I only have my old Sennheiser 555s, and something about this sound is just nuts, anyone have some suggestions for headphones that are an upgrade on this vibe?

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Ok fellas. MiM Dark Magician

I haven't had this fun of an experience with an IEM since I got my original EJ07 almost 2 years ago. This DD set is the real deal.. $600.. good price. I can't recommend an IEM more highly. Whew!! Over the moooooooon

It has godzilla large sized sound. Amazing imaging, very deep as well. Can scale in volume massively... I run it loud AF. This is the best DD i've personally heard.

Prolly a 2-3 month wait to get one.. drat

redeyes fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 11, 2022

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Just bought the Master & Dynamic MW65s. Here's hoping they don't suck. :thumbsup:

In case they do, anyone have any experience with the Bowers & Wilkins PX7 or the Sennheiser Momentum 3? Those were the other two ANC options I was looking at. I've listened to basically all the big brand ones like the AirPods Max, Sony WH-1000XM4, Bose 700 and basically didn't like how any of them sounded. I've heard really good things about the Momentum 3.

Butt Reactor
Oct 6, 2005

Even in zero gravity, you're an asshole.
Read through the thread and I want to ask what the best out of these three would be:
  • ATH-M50xBT2
  • AKG K371BT
  • Sennheiser Momentum 3

I like the audio technicas because I owned a M50s wired pair and loving loved them, but I haven't heard great things about the ANC. I feel the AKGs would be the best bang for the buck but the sennheisers are roughly $10 more for the refurbed model on Amazon. Am I missing any other contenders? These would be a straight replacement for some Aiwa Arc-1s I hardly use because they don't have ANC and I mostly use these type of phones for traveling on planes and poo poo like that.

Bank
Feb 20, 2004
So, I bought some ER2XRs from various recommendations and the right earbud volume got super low. I reseated the earbud (took it off and put it back on the cable) but still have issues. I emailed Etymotic but their warranty process is poo poo. I just got these things a week ago and they are telling me I have to RMA them (i.e., send it back to them at my cost and wait 2 months because Covid). I might just send these back to Amazon instead. Reading the lower starred Amazon reviews, this looks to be a pretty common issue.

Are there any other earbuds that are in the same price range but not from Etymotic? As good as the earbuds were, I feel a bit spiteful now and want to try another brand. Preferably something with a half decent RMA process? I don't mind sending them back, but what would be even better is an advanced RMA option where they charge me and refund me once they receive the ones from me in the mail.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Bank posted:

So, I bought some ER2XRs from various recommendations and the right earbud volume got super low. I reseated the earbud (took it off and put it back on the cable) but still have issues. I emailed Etymotic but their warranty process is poo poo. I just got these things a week ago and they are telling me I have to RMA them (i.e., send it back to them at my cost and wait 2 months because Covid). I might just send these back to Amazon instead. Reading the lower starred Amazon reviews, this looks to be a pretty common issue.

Are there any other earbuds that are in the same price range but not from Etymotic? As good as the earbuds were, I feel a bit spiteful now and want to try another brand. Preferably something with a half decent RMA process? I don't mind sending them back, but what would be even better is an advanced RMA option where they charge me and refund me once they receive the ones from me in the mail.

Did they instruct you to replace the filters? It’s expected that you’ll have to do that every so often, given the nature of their fit. Low volume is the exact symptom of a filter that needs replacement.

Bank
Feb 20, 2004

trem_two posted:

Did they instruct you to replace the filters? It’s expected that you’ll have to do that every so often, given the nature of their fit. Low volume is the exact symptom of a filter that needs replacement.

Well yup that was it, thanks! I've only had these for like two weeks..do I need to use different tips or what? I realize this probably has to do with too much wax, but my ears are usually clean (I swear).

Or do I just need to buy a bunch of filters for when they fail?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I use comply tips with a built in wax guard on my ER4s

Bank
Feb 20, 2004

Dogen posted:

I use comply tips with a built in wax guard on my ER4s

Something with a wax guard sounds about right, but I hate comply tips. I tried them before (in different sizes) and could never get them to stay in my ear :(

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
They make a few different shapes and sizes. Also I’m sure other tip manufacturers have built in wax guards?

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I've been rocking the Audio Technica AD1000Xs for a couple years, but I'm going to pass them onto my friend. I LOVE AT's house sound signature to be clear but I really want a planar headphone for my next set.

I've been mostly looking at Sundaras as it reads like they are unbeatable around the 350 price point. Any other open back planars I should consider?

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

I had the chance to borrow a used LCD-X from a coworker....were talking about headphones I mentioned I have 990s and like them etc. He was like if you like the 990s give these a go, take em for a few days and give them a test drive.

Holy poo poo fam. Playing a few random songs and I got literal chills on Adele Hello. Like I'm sort of blown that headphones can sound this good. My dac and amp is nothing special either, d10 and OG atom.

Like gently caress I want a pair, but also makes me wonder what else is out there, and also makes me think I shouldn't even look... Cause gently caress that is a chunk of money.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Russian Bear posted:

I've been rocking the Audio Technica AD1000Xs for a couple years, but I'm going to pass them onto my friend. I LOVE AT's house sound signature to be clear but I really want a planar headphone for my next set.

I've been mostly looking at Sundaras as it reads like they are unbeatable around the 350 price point. Any other open back planars I should consider?

I asked this exact thing a few weeks ago and the answer then was no, the Sundaras are untouchable at their price right now. I have since got the Sundaras and can say they're pretty drat good.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jan 12, 2022

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

I'm looking to replace a set of Bose SoundLink headphones I bought like 15 years ago. They're fine, but are kind of starting to fall apart and I'm using that as an excuse to upgrade.

Budget - ~$250

Source - Laptop/tablet, mostly. Possibly PC gaming. Video and music streaming would the primary uses.

Isolation Requirements - Yes, most listening is going be done in my office so I don't think open-back will work. I'm open to open-back if the sound doesn't bleed, though.

Preferred Type of Headphone - Over-the-ear/Circumaural.

Preferred Tonal Balance - Balanced, I think.

Past Headphones - Mostly the Bose I'm replacing. I like that they're light, comfortable, and the sound quality is clear. I also own Jabra Elite 75t earbuds (IEM, I guess?) which I love, and Focusrite HP60 MKIII which sound very nice to me, but I only use them for my production hobby.

Preferred Music - I listen to a lot of indie rock, indie pop, old rock/alternative, and rap/hip hop.

Devorum fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jan 12, 2022

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Hello thread just to update you on my journey and interest in planars I got high last night and ordered some LCD-2s off amazon, pretty excited for them to show up tomorrow. The weight diff between them and the LCD-X, as I have been work from home for years and have my headphones on most of the workday, and sometimes in the evening, along with the price diff steered my decision making. I also felt like there were more knocks on Sundara build quality, and a lot of reviewers saying their product lines weren't well differentiated enough for the variance in price.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Dogen posted:

I also felt like there were more knocks on Sundara build quality, and a lot of reviewers saying their product lines weren't well differentiated enough for the variance in price.

congrats on the LCD-2 but neither is true of the Sundara. Their build quality is fine if unremarkable for the price, and they sound drastically, obviously better than hifiman's lower end offerings.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Curious to see more thoughts on the new Edition XS since it looks like a halfway point between the Sundara and the Ananda

trem_two posted:

If it's truly your first pair of IEMs, unless the money really doesn't matter to you at all, I'd go with the Aria to start. It might be the case that you don't like wearing IEMs, or maybe you find that you don't like Moondrop's style of tuning. Also the Blessing has a notoriously large shell that might not be comfortable. I'd dip your toes into the water with the Aria, which will still be an excellent performer.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Yeah the Aria is really good and someone will want to buy them from you if you want to upgrade later.

Cheers for the advice. Followed it and bought the Arias. They took over a month to arrive but they sound insanely good for the price. Might even prefer the sound signature to my 660s.

Also got a Linsoul cable and some Spinfit tips since I'd seen that advice online and can confirm they both improve on their stock counterparts

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Who the hell is saying the Aria cable needs replacing? It's probably only second to the Tin T2 for my favourite IEM cables.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

njsykora posted:

Who the hell is saying the Aria cable needs replacing? It's probably only second to the Tin T2 for my favourite IEM cables.

This thread on /r/Headphones with a lot of people agreeing. Some YouTube reviewers too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

congrats on the LCD-2 but neither is true of the Sundara. Their build quality is fine if unremarkable for the price, and they sound drastically, obviously better than hifiman's lower end offerings.

I felt like the build quality poo poo might have been some dog whistle racism, but wasn’t sure.