Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
Geez... Aren't those cards too overpowered. Some of the cards in the set are balanced SotC tier cards, and then you have these cards.

Inclusive Trade's -2 power doesn't matter all that much when it increases its power on successful hits and also by being mini Divinatory Impact with much lower cost.

Look at Divide and Repeat block die! The best max value for most die is about 40 like CLIMAX.

Lowell and Xiao's Mass Atack Individual has really high roll. Even then, it can't be compared to MPEx. Nothing can beat that roll.

Also, gpt set really likes Feeble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

It's funny to see it make up new things that don't appear in real combat cards. The block dice in Inclusive Trade gives the enemy power when you win the clash. aMPEx inflicts 2 light, which I assume means it gives the enemy two light when used. I don't think any real card has these effects.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Your Everyday NEET posted:

Geez... Aren't those cards too overpowered. Some of the cards in the set are balanced SotC tier cards, and then you have these cards.

Inclusive Trade's -2 power doesn't matter all that much when it increases its power on successful hits and also by being mini Divinatory Impact with much lower cost.

Look at Divide and Repeat block die! The best max value for most die is about 40 like CLIMAX.

Lowell and Xiao's Mass Atack Individual has really high roll. Even then, it can't be compared to MPEx. Nothing can beat that roll.

Also, gpt set really likes Feeble.
It's really more about seeing workable ideas. There were a couple of pages a while back that used both Charge AND Smoke, for example, which I found to be a pretty great concept. When I look at the rough materiel of Inclusive Trade, this is the card that comes to my mind:

Legendary battle
1 cost
Single-use
Duel (Removes all dice from this page if not used in a Clash. When clashing, if an attack is one-sided recycle the highest maximum value dice on the defending page.)

4 X dice with the following properties:
Clash win: Opponent gains +2 power for the rest of the scene. Clash lose: Gain +2 power for the rest of the scene. Clash draw: Recycle both this die and the clashing die.

1 X die with the following properties:
Clash win: Inflict 6 feeble for the rest of this scene and the next. Clash lose: Inflict 6 feeble on self for the rest of this scene and the next.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
I used a charge + smoke singleton deck on Maxim for that Ensemble fight where you want to kill all the adds on the same turn because I wanted to be absolutely sure of starting a turn with an instant stagger mass attack; it worked pretty well, honestly.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

golden bubble posted:

Limbus Company is a F2Play Gacha game releasing in November or December 2022.

Geez, pop in to ask for advice on the floor of language realization and this is enough of a bummer that I'm not sure I want to bother now. I know we were kind of expecting it, but this is like the one thing they could have done that keeps me from blindly supporting them on day 1. Sad.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Irony.or.Death posted:

Geez, pop in to ask for advice on the floor of language realization and this is enough of a bummer that I'm not sure I want to bother now. I know we were kind of expecting it, but this is like the one thing they could have done that keeps me from blindly supporting them on day 1. Sad.
As an avid Arknights player, it might not be that bad. The GaaS model of constant events (aka short stories) coupled with longer, more in-depth main story chapters is actually pretty excellent for worldbuilding - which the director has repeatedly stated as their main interest in the model.

Anyway, there's a couple of ways to handle Gebura's Realization. There's the easy way, the right way, and the way that rocks. I'm gonna tell you about the last one.

Give Geb the usual stuff - that being Myo+mind hauler - and Lone Fixer. And since we're going solo she needs some counter, so her deck should be [3x Spear, 3x Level Slash, 3x Steel Knuckles]. Give three of your other four nuggets Udjat pages with [3x Opportunity Spotted, 1x Unlock, 2x Harpe, 2x Will of the City (replace these with any number of light/draw pages if you don't have Will), 1x The Udjat], both of Sen's passives and any survival passives and the last one, I dunno, a Rhino page with 3xStigmatize and some charge generation to get that protection passive going. What you're trying to do here is use the four nuggets to build as many negative emotion coins as possible so you can draw into Mountain of Corpses so you can sacrifice your party members to ascend Gebura into a nigh-unstoppable daemon prince. Then you just sit back and laugh as she effortlessly curbstomps the entire Realization and, in time, the rest of the game except for, like, two fights.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jan 8, 2022

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017

GilliamYaeger posted:

Give Geb the usual stuff - that being Myo+mind hauler - and Lone Fixer. And since we're going solo she needs some counter, so her deck should be [3x Spear, 3x Level Slash, 3x Steel Knuckles].

Isn't the last phase of realization heavily resists slash + null attacks that deals less than 10 damage.

I'd use other light restoration stuff like Frontal Assault or Extract Fuel.

Your Everyday NEET fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jan 8, 2022

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Isn't the last phase of realization heavily resists slash + null attacks that deals less than 10 damage.

Well that’s what Spear and Steel Knuckles are for; Spear does Pierce and Steel Knuckles does Blunt (except for its Slash counter die).

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Oh boy, welcome to Love Town with 3 nugget floors, TQ. :allears:

Picking up the gen reception stuff before hand is nice, but oops not having the last nugget there.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

You don't seem to understand how powerful Mountain of Corpses Gebura is.

She will not roll below 15. She will usually roll in the 20s and 30s. And she automatically restores 5 light per turn, with a deck that near universally will cost 0 light by the time you reach the end. Half damage won't do jack loving poo poo to the ridiculous levels of power she's going to be throwing around. I had her solo both of the final boss fights and in both cases it was a brutal, one-sided curbstomp. Though she died in the last phase of the latter fight because SOMEONE has a ton of null power cards and thus could ignore the obscenely large power stacks Geb had and land the occasional hit. But she left them so bruised and battered that they all got one shot by Binah's team.

Also as was said, Spear and Knux are pierce and blunt.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 8, 2022

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Picking up the gen reception stuff before hand is nice, but oops not having the last nugget there.

I was waiting/hoping for this madness from the moment the thread went for Molar Office. Even with stuff from general receptions, I'm looking forward to seeing what nonsense TQ pulls to be able to deal with Tomerry.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I was always going to have to do this with a 3-nug floor

I need to do love town with roland because of reasons that are an extremely late game spoiler. :v:

I might actually not be well, mentally.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TeeQueue posted:

I was always going to have to do this with a 3-nug floor

I need to do love town with roland because of reasons that are an extremely late game spoiler. :v:

I might actually not be well, mentally.

On the other hand if you use someone else, you could make a joke about Roland's stolen valor. :v:

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

oh my god are you really going to torture yourself by bringing Keter to every big fight just to make sure that All of Roland's Memory cards line up with fights he was actually there for?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

oh my god are you really going to torture yourself by bringing Keter to every big fight just to make sure that All of Roland's Memory cards line up with fights he was actually there for?

I've committed to so many gimmicks this run, what's one more between friends.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

TeeQueue posted:

You are one crazy man :allears:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

TeeQueue posted:

this has extremely disturbing implications for a certain solo fighter in SotC

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017

TeeQueue posted:

Will you also fight potential member of the ensemble using their future rival? Like say: fighting EGO Philip with Malkuth or fighting Musician of Bremen with Netzach.

Dawn Office is still meant to be fought with Roland since the end cutscene assumes that Roland personally fight him. The additional dialogue could be interesting though. Like Roland giving hints that he personally knew Salvador while Salvador remain oblivious to who Roland is.

BBJoey posted:

this has extremely disturbing implications for a certain solo fighter in SotC
Roland (and also Gebura aswell) has special dialogue when against all the boss in that branch.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Wellp, just did my first Xiao attempt, and man

i should not have tried going for Tiphxodia in the first stage and just gone with the Gebura / Binah combo I've seen people suggest

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
Tiphzodia is much much worse against power null, yeah. Or just her cards in general honestly. Gebura/Binah are definitely tempting but honestly every floor besides Tiph has a decent way to beat up on Xiao. One pro as heck tip is bringing along some copies of Blind Faith. In power null those roll really high for having a net 2 light cost, and they're also great against mass attacks as well since the 'on use' doesn't come into effect when mass attacks are played.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

GilliamYaeger posted:

As an avid Arknights player, it might not be that bad. The GaaS model of constant events (aka short stories) coupled with longer, more in-depth main story chapters is actually pretty excellent for worldbuilding - which the director has repeatedly stated as their main interest in the model.

Anyway, there's a couple of ways to handle Gebura's Realization. There's the easy way, the right way, and the way that rocks. I'm gonna tell you about the last one.

Give Geb the usual stuff - that being Myo+mind hauler - and Lone Fixer. And since we're going solo she needs some counter, so her deck should be [3x Spear, 3x Level Slash, 3x Steel Knuckles]. Give three of your other four nuggets Udjat pages with [3x Opportunity Spotted, 1x Unlock, 2x Harpe, 2x Will of the City (replace these with any number of light/draw pages if you don't have Will), 1x The Udjat], both of Sen's passives and any survival passives and the last one, I dunno, a Rhino page with 3xStigmatize and some charge generation to get that protection passive going. What you're trying to do here is use the four nuggets to build as many negative emotion coins as possible so you can draw into Mountain of Corpses so you can sacrifice your party members to ascend Gebura into a nigh-unstoppable daemon prince. Then you just sit back and laugh as she effortlessly curbstomps the entire Realization and, in time, the rest of the game except for, like, two fights.

Maybe I am just being too ambitious hoping to tackle this now, because I have like half the stuff you've mentioned here tops. We'll see if I can force through something kinda sorta similar I guess!

And the real killer with GaaS stuff is the demand for constant engagement. I am just way past the point in my life where I will tolerate needing to collect daily login bonuses for anything.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
Mountain of Corpses Gebura is funny but it can be a real pain to set up. You'll probably need to farm for the negative coin generating cards, and even then you can have trouble getting Mountain without losing librarians in the process. Really all you need for the last phase is for Geb to not have exclusively slash dice, have someone with some Smoke application and Nikolai around to apply Mark. The standard Geb deck of x2 Focus Spirit/x2 Level Slash/x2 Spear/x2 Upstanding Slash/x1 Onrush works fine. Swap Onrush for Repressed Flesh if you want more counter dice and a little more draw.

For the first phase something to note is that you can attack Red and they won't get mad. This is very useful for using weak light regen/draw pages and generating emotion coins with stuff like Frontal Assault/Graze the Grass. Another general tip with enemies that are resistant to stagger is to deflect the heck out of them with cards like Sturdy Defense, which ignore stagger resistances. Block vs evade or block vs block will deal full damage, but with the 8-17 on Sturdy you can still deal high stagger against offensive dice too.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

I'm really struggling with understanding the mechanics for Library of Ruina. Is there like, a good common-sense tutorial somewhere? Like, when a card lists 3 damage types, what determines which one goes off? Or do all of them attack in succession? What determines if they hit or not? Does the starting roll have anything to do with that or is it the roll when you clash? It feels like I'm just sort of throwing poo poo at the wall and eventually something sticks, I don't know.

Is there a way to transfer agents - I mean, librarians - between departments?

That said, loving the plot and art so far, it's gorgeous. Super happy to see Yesod exposing his neck and hands. Baby steps for him but I'm so proud :3:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Irony.or.Death posted:

Maybe I am just being too ambitious hoping to tackle this now, because I have like half the stuff you've mentioned here tops. We'll see if I can force through something kinda sorta similar I guess!

And the real killer with GaaS stuff is the demand for constant engagement. I am just way past the point in my life where I will tolerate needing to collect daily login bonuses for anything.
Udjat is from one of the Star of the City general receptions. Sen is the boss janitor. Unlock is from the Index, the fight after the Thumb. And you should have done the second tier of the WARP train storyline - R Corp - before doing this, since putting the Myo's Prowess passive on Gebura is a key factor of why she's so stupidly strong.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Tiny Myers posted:

I'm really struggling with understanding the mechanics for Library of Ruina. Is there like, a good common-sense tutorial somewhere? Like, when a card lists 3 damage types, what determines which one goes off? Or do all of them attack in succession? What determines if they hit or not? Does the starting roll have anything to do with that or is it the roll when you clash? It feels like I'm just sort of throwing poo poo at the wall and eventually something sticks, I don't know.

That said, loving the plot and art so far, it's gorgeous. Super happy to see Yesod exposing his neck and hands. Baby steps for him but I'm so proud :3:

When a card lists multiple dice, they attack in order. You don't just want to know the damage types, look at the actual roll values on the card because they're important.

For whether things hit, it's pretty simple - if the enemy doesn't have any dice, all your attacks hit for a roll of damage. If your opponent has dice, there's a roll off. Exactly what happens depends on the dice types. You can see the details in the in game manual, but as an example if two attack dice face off the winner does damage equal to their roll to the loser, kind of like if the loser had no dice at all.

The starting roll decides what order stuff happens in - it goes from high to low. If there's a clash it uses the higher value. It also determines how redirection works - if you target a higher speed die at a lower speed die, you redirect the attack to yourself for a clash. If you target a higher one to a lower one they'll continue attacking their original target (or clash if the die you used was the original target).

There's a lot more to it but those are the basics.

Librarians can't switch between departments. However, if you move a key page from one librarian to another it keeps all of its equipped stuff, so you don't need to rebuild the deck.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

Tiny Myers posted:

no proper way to do that. But unlike LC, customizing your librarians in LoR doesn't cost anything, so you could just make librarian A look like librarian B and B look like A and now you've "transferred" the two.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

I'm pretty sure Ruina's inability to transfer librarians between floors is an artifact of their old old loot system where originally you had to burn books to unlock pages for specific floors and then only those floors could use them.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I don't think TQ is going to have as much trouble with this as people expect. It's easier now than it was when it first came out. The lack of draw pages is a bigger problem than the number of librarians.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

lets hang out posted:

I don't think TQ is going to have as much trouble with this as people expect. It's easier now than it was when it first came out. The lack of draw pages is a bigger problem than the number of librarians.

about that, I just did the general receptions and I have drawtech.

It's not good drawtech.

but it's more than I expected..!

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

GilliamYaeger posted:

Udjat is from one of the Star of the City general receptions. Sen is the boss janitor. Unlock is from the Index, the fight after the Thumb. And you should have done the second tier of the WARP train storyline - R Corp - before doing this, since putting the Myo's Prowess passive on Gebura is a key factor of why she's so stupidly strong.

Ah-hah, I forgot I hadn't cleaned out all the Star general receptions yet. What is Mind Hauler?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Irony.or.Death posted:

Ah-hah, I forgot I hadn't cleaned out all the Star general receptions yet. What is Mind Hauler?

Mind Hauler is a passive from one of the named Sweepers. It restores 2 SR whenever your attack hits.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

OK, lots of pieces clicking now - I'd previously thought you couldn't swipe passives from objet d'art quality pages, but it looks like it's just having a passive slotted that takes something off that list. This opens up so many new options.

Thanks, all!

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Irony.or.Death posted:

Don't forget that there are SIX SotC general receptions - three for books from the first half and another three for books from the second half. I don't think you need any of the stage three stuff to get the latter three, tho.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.
You definitely do not, I was able to get to all of them before tackling the tier 3 SOTC invitations.

devil if I can figure out how to work Bayard's deck into things, aside from shenanigans with the WARP Cleanup Crew's immobilization cards

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

I just did it with R-corp team books, so I think you're eight about that. I am also pleased to report that finding out I could put Myo's Prowess on Gebura alone was enough to let me auto all of them. I was close to feeling like I'd hit a wall with this realization/the stage 4 star fights, but now we're way back on the other end of balance - this feels completely busted before you even look in mountain's direction.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Verant posted:

You definitely do not, I was able to get to all of them before tackling the tier 3 SOTC invitations.

devil if I can figure out how to work Bayard's deck into things, aside from shenanigans with the WARP Cleanup Crew's immobilization cards

Wedging Thorn is decent as a sidegrade to Frontal Assault/Forward March or for Stiletto decks but otherwise they're not very good.

If you want to use him the most effective way is probably Survivor, that Udjat passive and then stick him on Netzach. That's kinda boring though...

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
If you give Bayard Grit then his super attack won't instantly stagger him. Still kind of niche of course but much better then without.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

The hardest part of this reception is remembering that crimson scar's strike without hesitation is mass individual, so will eat the combat dice I throw to it. I cannot stop loving the sequencing up on these turns. I think I need more coffee.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arcvasti posted:

If you give Bayard Grit then his super attack won't instantly stagger him. Still kind of niche of course but much better then without.

Pinpoint Breakthrough does true damage equal to your current stagger resist, so if they haven't changed it he'll still get staggered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

Acerbatus posted:

Pinpoint Breakthrough does true damage equal to your current stagger resist, so if they haven't changed it he'll still get staggered.

Grit reduces damage from any source, including self damage so you will remain with one stagger resist. IIRC that strategy is usually paired with the Udjat passive that restore half the stagger damage you have suffered during this scene to make sure Bayard isn't half a step from being staggered at the end of the scene.