Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

TVGM posted:

It looks like you no longer need to be whitelisted: https://gamr13.github.io (auto-playing audio warning)

I tried installing some of these apps via Edge and it worked! So far it's certainly better than the janky RetroArch Web player.

what i am doing wrong, cause when i load it up on edge it goes to the msft store and just...times out. Is it series only? (I only have the 1)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

TVGM posted:

It looks like you no longer need to be whitelisted: https://gamr13.github.io (auto-playing audio warning)

I tried installing some of these apps via Edge and it worked! So far it's certainly better than the janky RetroArch Web player.

insanely sick :cheerdoge:

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

Lammasu posted:

So I was playing Aliens Fire teams for a quest and like my buttons weren't working. My lb and rb abilities wouldn't activate and I couldn't open crates. I ran out of ammo pretty early in the mission. And I couldn't heal either. Is this a bug or was I just not doing something right? My abilities worked just fine in the hub.

Could have been a challenge card that someone activated.

The aliens game is surprisingly loving awesome.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

swims posted:

The aliens game is surprisingly loving awesome.

Yeah, it's very arcade-y. I love it. Played through it a handful of times with my brother on PC. Haven't tried the new game mode yet though.

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker

AA is for Quitters posted:

what i am doing wrong, cause when i load it up on edge it goes to the msft store and just...times out. Is it series only? (I only have the 1)

I'm not sure about Xbone, but from the tutorials and that discord, it seems like it should work on Xbone (but there's less app storage).

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Anyone with a Series S ever experience an issue with not seeing cloud gaming on game pass ultimate?

A friend of mine tried with two separate Series S consoles and neither showed cloud as an available option inside game pass.

Logged him into my Series X and cloud gaming was there for him. He can play cloud games on the phone or in a browser so it’s not an account thing.

Just weird that two separate Series S consoles exhibit the same issue. He’s tried all the resetting and rebooting with MS tech support.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

ZeeBoi posted:

Anyone with a Series S ever experience an issue with not seeing cloud gaming on game pass ultimate?

A friend of mine tried with two separate Series S consoles and neither showed cloud as an available option inside game pass.

Logged him into my Series X and cloud gaming was there for him. He can play cloud games on the phone or in a browser so it’s not an account thing.

Just weird that two separate Series S consoles exhibit the same issue. He’s tried all the resetting and rebooting with MS tech support.

The games don't have the little cloud icon in the bottom right corner?

The other thing you can try is go to My games & apps -> Full library -> Xbox Game Pass and where it says All Games drop down and pick Cloud.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I’m a first time Xbox owner and missing my PlayStation back button attachments. Pressing in joysticks to do anything should be a crime.

What are the best options for Xbox controllers with back buttons? I’m reluctant about the elite 2 between the price and stick drift issues.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Snowy posted:

I’m a first time Xbox owner and missing my PlayStation back button attachments. Pressing in joysticks to do anything should be a crime.

What are the best options for Xbox controllers with back buttons? I’m reluctant about the elite 2 between the price and stick drift issues.

I got one of these 3 or 4 months ago: PowerA FUSION Pro 2 Wired... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08XXWJ787?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

So far it has worked really well for me, and I too was leery about the elite due to cost and reliability.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Snowy posted:

I got a SCUF controller and I like the back buttons better than the elite levers. The quick fire trigger option is nice to have for certain games too. It’s even pricier than the elite though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

When do scuf's bullshit patents expire

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

McGurk posted:

The games don't have the little cloud icon in the bottom right corner?

The other thing you can try is go to My games & apps -> Full library -> Xbox Game Pass and where it says All Games drop down and pick Cloud.

No cloud icon and no cloud selection in the drop down. It’s super weird!

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

ZeeBoi posted:

Did you log him in at your place? What's his home internet like?

I lose the cloud gaming icon when my down speed drops below like 5mbps. (building wide wifi...it works really great, but downloads are throttled. I can play online with like only 30ms of ping which is good enough for most of what i play online since its mostly sports stuff, but updates take forever to download.) If he's experiencing it at home on wifi, that might be it.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Yeah, sounds like his internet might be the culprit if the cloud functionality disables itself due to bad speeds.

We might try his S at my place since cloud worked just fine when I logged into his account on my X.

Thanks!

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

As someone with a decent gaming pc + gamepass ultimate I'm definitely having some regrets about that Series X launch day impulse purchase. Right now it's pretty much just a 4k disc player (I don't own any) and an Outriders player if I ever play it again (I can play on pc w/Xbox Anywhere but it stutters on my pc). 4k tv gaming is cool but I still prefer playing on pc. Got zero interest in back compat disc games. It's the best console I've ever owned but I kinda don't need it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Put it in the bedroom you cant pc game lying down as easily

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
My PC runs at 1440 and my XSX is on 4k on the same desk so if it’s something I don’t mind playing with a controller then I just play on the XSX.

Like I do Halo Infinite MP on PC and Forza Horizon 5 on console

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
It's true I haven't used my X all that much since finally getting a 3080. Perhaps on day there might be a great exclusive that somehow won't be on PC?

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I mean it was always kind of a given that if you had a good gaming PC, it would make a Series X redundant. Microsoft mostly just wants you in their architecture; They don't really care how you get there. Hence basically everything being available on both PC and console.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Mr. Neutron posted:

It's true I haven't used my X all that much since finally getting a 3080. Perhaps on day there might be a great exclusive that somehow won't be on PC?
You should sell your Xbox.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Sell your 3080

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

My PC is I guess...low to mid-range? It's made up of mostly old-ish parts (i7 4770, GTX 1660 Ti) and I've decided not to upgrade until DDR5 RAM normalizes anyways. So until then, I'll be gaming mostly on my Series S :) Thanks for reading.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sell your 3080 for $2000 and buy a boat

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
My PC is ancient garbage but because I have a series X I have no desire to upgrade. Though I desperately want an Escape from Tarkov style game to release on console, its the only game that makes me want to upgrade my PC.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

I haven't played Tarkov, but Hunt: Showdown frequently gets compared positively to that game and is a blast to play. It doesn't have a next gen client, but it does have a 60 fps patch and console crossplay.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Toaster Beef posted:

I mean it was always kind of a given that if you had a good gaming PC, it would make a Series X redundant.
I got one partly because I was annoyed at gfx card prices skyrocketing and thought $500 for something that could do 60 fps & ray tracking sounded like a deal. It's just that pretty much everything I've been playing lately is just fine on a 1660 Super @ 1080p. I suppose there something will eventually come along that will be more worth playing on the X. Maybe Stalker 2 will be it.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

FallenGod posted:

I haven't played Tarkov, but Hunt: Showdown frequently gets compared positively to that game and is a blast to play. It doesn't have a next gen client, but it does have a 60 fps patch and console crossplay.

I've tried it but something about it just doesn't click with me. I'm not a huge horror fan so the supernatural stuff wasn't my favorite. I had high hopes for hazard zone on battlefield 2042 but, uhh, lmao it that game sucked. Rumor has it that the new CoD will have a Tarkov like mode but I doubt it will scratch my itch. Vigor is the closest game on console but even that isn't exactly what I want.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Roman posted:

I suppose there something will eventually come along that will be more worth playing on the X.
There won't. I don't know why you would possibly think this. Sell your Xbox.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

American McGay posted:

There won't. I don't know why you would possibly think this. Sell your Xbox.
Well I did mention the ray tracing. But yeah I'm gonna sell it anyway.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
Funny, I'm kind of in the opposite situation. I bought the PS5 because it's rare as gently caress and I figured I could get all my Xbox gaming in on the PC.

Though given my life situation with young children, Ironically enough I find most of my gaming has been on Gamepass games or back compat Xbox games that are appropriate for kids so we can play them on the lounge tv. So we find ourselves using the OG Xbox One most of the time, and lately we've been doing alot of cloud streaming, which works surprisingly well. (And better than native for newer stuff on my old xbox!)

Still can't quite justify the dough because I can get all the new stuff elsewhere, but I definitely see the appeal.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
I'm around 50/50. Some games (especially co-op/multiplayer stuff) I'll play on my PC (Ryzen 5 5600 X w/ RTX 3060 Ti) and other more casual games I'll play on Series X w/ LG CX while sitting on the couch.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My PC started to feel redundant because both my Ps5 and Xbox often run games better, and I prefer consoles in general. But gamepass ultimate is so good it’s actually got me using my laptop again. It’s rad playing something with cross save at home and then just throwing my laptop in a bag for when I go out of town an picking up where I left off. I should still probably sell it before my steam deck eventually comes though.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Xbox console doesn't have Microsoft Solitaire, so you're going to want a PC.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
For me, gaming is the same as watching movies. I want to do it from from the comfort of my couch, not in a chair two feet from the screen.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Agreed, but also you can hook a PC up to a TV screen

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

For me, gaming is the same as watching movies. I want to do it from from the comfort of my couch, not in a chair two feet from the screen.

Same.

Toaster Beef posted:

Agreed, but also you can hook a PC up to a TV screen

Exactly.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

But then you still have to use a mouse to start up a game which is like a major hassle. Also, if the pc isn't hooked up to the tv 24/7 then that's another major hassle you have to go through before starting up the game.

Also, there's no quick resume.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I’ve got $250 and a One X is any of y’all feel like your Series X it’s being wasted on your shelf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Quick resume is reason enough to justify my Series X. Though I’ve not PC gamed many years and maybe there is something similar now.