Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Stone Ocean is the sixth part of the long running series, and its anime adaptation is dropping on Netflix in bulk batches of like 12 episodes every 3 months. Understandably, some people might not want to watch 12 episodes in one sitting just to talk about it in the regular anime thread. If you want to keep watching one episode a week, every Friday per series tradition, then this is the thread for you.

The anime releases on Netflix sometime today, December 1 2021, so I'm not gonna begrudge anyone having their first Friday a little early.

Just remember to not mix up the threads. Especially with the manga thread as well. Mistakes are bound to happen at some point, so just like don't get mad about it. Stone Ocean rules and we should just like enjoy it together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Let's fuckin go, lads

Jojo fridays may be gone, but they're still here in our hearts

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Just wanna point out that the Toonami thread will be doing its own Stone Ocean simulwatch via Cytube on Saturdays starting January 1st. If any of y'all wanna join in on that too then we'd love to have you, but us regulars in that thread will be watching each episode for the first time and we REALLY want to go in as blind as possible, so please no posting spoilers there.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Cant believe you didnt synchronise the watches

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah alright the first Jojo friday came two days early, but I will be strictly adhering to Fridays from here out

Fuckin rules, very tense first episode, digging Jolyne, digging the foreboding atmosphere, kinda creeped out by the prison arrival what because I think Jolyne is 16?

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
This thread is for me and the SO.

Really loved the first ep so far. Jolyne looks to be quite the number.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Well I just watched episode 1 last night and I forgot so many details of how part 6 stars lmao, it is so much more Bizarre than I remembered (and I DID remember the opening scene)

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i like jolyne a lot already, shes nicer than i thought she would be. given her dad and some manga panels ive seen out of context, i thought she was gonna be an angry punk with a good heart. but she's reminding me more of josuke, she seems pretty sweet to ppl who don't treat her badly

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Watched the first episode and it was some good Jojo. I'm going to try and hold myself to only watching one episode per Friday.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

SpartanIvy posted:

Watched the first episode and it was some good Jojo. I'm going to try and hold myself to only watching one episode per Friday.

I'm pumped for ep 2 this Friday.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Episode two watched. Loved it. I feel that much like DiU we’re gonna be accumulating a band of miscreants as the main team to tackle on one big bad dude/dudette. Jolyne feels lively and with an actual persona, unlike Giogio, so really looking forward to future shenanigans. The moment where Gwess started taunting her from the other side of the door was when Jolyne showed how much she’s her father’s daughter, and I was ready for it. Love the outro too.

The body horror with the bird was a bit much otherwise for me, as a lover of birds. Couldn’t care less about dogs though.

Detective Eyestorm
Jan 6, 2012
Episode 2: Imagining a world where Gwess isn't a complete rear end in a top hat weirdo and got on Jolyne's good side. "Hey, I've got this shrinking power, let's work together to break out." Too bad everyone in JoJo is a fuckin' mess.

I like the setup that the prison provides; there's the enemy stand user, but there are also regular guards that need to be accounted for at all times. Even if stands are invisible, they'll notice if anything gets too wild. I hope future fights continue to play with that element.

Also, I dunno if this was dub-only, but Gwess shouting "Jolyne" four times like The Song was extremely good.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
She sings in all languages

Detective Eyestorm
Jan 6, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

hell yeah

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Episode 3:
Pretty good but ima need this to kick into a higher gear soon

And it’s taking so much energy to not binge it, and also continue to dodge spoilers (at least the ones I don’t already know about)

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Ep 3: it took a female prison to keep jotaro out of a Jojo story, but he still found a way in! Hoping to see Jolyne show her old man how things are done nowadays.

I’m fine with things being chill for now, we still have what… 22 more episodes to go? And im guessing the guy the sniper they introduced is the main villain? It’s not too bad if we have our villain early on, unlike season 4 and 5.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Popoto posted:

Ep 3: it took a female prison to keep jotaro out of a Jojo story, but he still found a way in! Hoping to see Jolyne show her old man how things are done nowadays.

[spoiler]he was functionally absent for the entirety of part 4 at least

glad this is out, i always thought this part was super underrated. jolyene has such a cool design

Detective Eyestorm
Jan 6, 2012
Only knowing the barest outline of Part 6, it seems to me like this episode is already where the story starts "picking up." Jotaro is already here, PLUS a villain with a huge rear end and a tie to DIO. I was expecting a lot more one-off fights with random prisoners first to establish a larger cast, kinda like Part 4. And maybe that will still happen, idk.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

https://youtu.be/6LrvGUzL69k

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
That scene is what won me over the season instantly.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Just kind of a transitional episode this time, eh?

I can’t really find much to say about it, though it sure did make me want to watch the next episode immediately.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This Friday’s ep:

i knew Jotaro got offed in this part, but I did not expect it to be so early

Detective Eyestorm
Jan 6, 2012
Some good, creative use of string in this episode. Hell yeah.

I had been a little frustrated with the bait-and-switch last episode, but the revelation that it was two separate enemies helped ease that for me.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
I was expecting them to keep Johngalli as the main villain. Pleasantly surprised by the new one. RIP to a real one.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I like how jotaro describes the rules for remote stands incorrectly but it turns out araki didn't forget, it was a dream

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tunicate posted:

I like how jotaro describes the rules for remote stands incorrectly but it turns out araki didn't forget, it was a dream

What do you mean?

Detective Eyestorm
Jan 6, 2012
Smack Kiss rules. Super versatile for both offense and defense, and I like the restriction on needing to remove the sticker.

Now I'm just waiting for Hermes to duplicate infinite money or something.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Detective Eyestorm posted:

Smack Kiss rules. Super versatile for both offense and defense, and I like the restriction on needing to remove the sticker.

Now I'm just waiting for Hermes to duplicate infinite money or something.

Not sure how well it would work for money, since the first thing anyone would do is take the sticker off the bill.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Dragonwagon posted:

Not sure how well it would work for money, since the first thing anyone would do is take the sticker off the bill.

As long as you had walked away that seems like a them problem.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Not if the other bill goes flying out of your pocket.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Dragonwagon posted:

Not if the other bill goes flying out of your pocket.

They will hate it but if they can’t see stands what will they do other than think “gee golly! My money randomly flew away! This sucks!”

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
A safer alternative to endless-money would be double-money, where you just place a sticker on a bill and pay with both. When people remove the sticker later on they'll just think they were counting the money wrong and did that bill just disappear no i'm just seeing things i need to take a break

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SexyBlindfold posted:

A safer alternative to endless-money would be double-money, where you just place a sticker on a bill and pay with both. When people remove the sticker later on they'll just think they were counting the money wrong and did that bill just disappear no i'm just seeing things i need to take a break

Same, but 10 of them. Also there's a chance that the bills destroy themselves upon combination

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I watched the first three episodes and I gotta say I do like Joleyne's power a lot more than Giorno's. I can already see a bunch of creative uses for it and it actually has a pretty well defined abilities.

I always like the stands that are clearly defined from the outset, like crazy diamond, so the fights don't seem like asspulls.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Yeah GioGio’s stand was way too asspully for each fight. I’m really taking a liking to the crew so far. Excited to have the third one introduced so we can go on sorority adventures.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

SexyBlindfold posted:

Just put them in a vending machine

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Last episode made me win a bet, which was: "Think they'll look inside the tires this episode, or the next one? I think we have at least two more episodes of content before they open it up!" I don't know why it took me so long to figure out the weird head guard's face was that of a chameleon, but it fits now. Make your bets: which girl is it?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I was weak-willed, and I binged the rest of the episodes.

I'm sorry, simulwatch thread, I have failed you :negative:

Detective Eyestorm
Jan 6, 2012

Popoto posted:

Last episode made me win a bet, which was: "Think they'll look inside the tires this episode, or the next one? I think we have at least two more episodes of content before they open it up!" I don't know why it took me so long to figure out the weird head guard's face was that of a chameleon, but it fits now. Make your bets: which girl is it?

Two of them have something really weird bizarre going on with their design: one has dark pits of despair instead of eyes, and one has the world's least-explicable tanlines.

So I'm betting on the relatively normal-looking one with the ponytail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Detective Eyestorm posted:

Two of them have something really weird bizarre going on with their design: one has dark pits of despair instead of eyes, and one has the world's least-explicable tanlines.

So I'm betting on the relatively normal-looking one with the ponytail.

My bet is the girl with the red shirt simply because I -think- I saw her falter (or at least the person in her position) when Jolyne punched the stand.