Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
drat this is a rollercoaster, propfly, almost no story, 50k Yetee donation, technical issues that warranted a pause, hope the rest goes well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Yeah lol I guess I didn’t realize how much of this game is depicted within cutscenes. It’s still a fun run to watch, I hope the technical issues stay gone.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Nice run, Punchy.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Love to see Sent’s filthy socks.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Shoutout to the ball with the screaming dreamcast inside

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

TeaTree commentating and monkey ball action, lets go.

I donated 255 to this with a haiku but it didn't get read. But that's cool, we are watching monkey ball now!!!!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I appreciate that Kiryu picks up energy drink bottles instead of bananas

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
The runners casually chatting with each other, comparing notes and strategies and thoughts, while playing this ridiculously fast game

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
This is such an absurd game to speed run

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

This makes me realize how terrible at MonkeyBall I am.

But the Jet Set Radio dude picks up spray paint so how can you not?

I've never even beaten Launchers and they did it like it was nothing.

Man I love Monkey Ball.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

i love monkey ball races because the slightest mistake can shake things up significantly

rox
Sep 7, 2016

i promise i wont die

*dies instantly*

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I think it took me about six or seven hours to get to where the Ori and the Blind Forest runner is right now after ~15 minutes.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Time for Green Mario in Space

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Duct tape one Wiimote to another and use two at once! Brilliant!

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
orb!

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
And the guy who's in focus disappears into the void of technical difficulties for a bit

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!
Can't believe I haven't posted in the thread yet. Anyway, greetings from the on-site skeleton crew once again! Hope you all like the new layouts - there have been quite a few changes behind-the-scenes related to those as well.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I love when one player in a four-way race uses a different route and after looking like they've been trailing for a long time they suddenly pull even and nearly sync up with the leaders

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Donator: "I'll donate another $5 for each donation read during this run."

Char_Bunny: CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Musical_Daredevil posted:

Can't believe I haven't posted in the thread yet. Anyway, greetings from the on-site skeleton crew once again! Hope you all like the new layouts - there have been quite a few changes behind-the-scenes related to those as well.

The new layout is aces, the best yet IMO. The information is all there, readily visible, and it's presented in a way that's clean and isn't distracting. Well done!

This Galaxy race is... challenging to follow without any knowledge of the game, but I'm gonna root for this Welsh guy.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm rooting for everybody to have a good time

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Epic High Five posted:

The real winners are we, the viewers, and the charity.

Unless it's Jhay, in which case Jhay is the real winner.

Kestral fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jan 11, 2022

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
They seem way the hell ahead of their usual pace this year, great to see.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its win thank you

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

love the layout and the transitions but do find the category / release year / platform / estimate information boxes very slightly on the small side even on a laptop screen (not so much when projecting to anything larger)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

I am also doing this, but a couple frames faster

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Barudak posted:

I am also doing this, but a couple frames faster

Just root for everyone to have "a time", that's even faster.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

love the layout, its terrific!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Kestral posted:

Just root for everyone to have "a time", that's even faster.

That's time.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

You guys are doing God's work, keep it up. The layouts look good.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Layouts are clean, solid, thick, tight, and lookin toned. A+ work. The wall of emotes that spin and honk randomly is a bit of mystery to me tho

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its reacting to twitch chat to create what is known as "A Digitila Crowd/Audience."

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Just loving call tibs in the middle of the race why don't you

Annie Chickenstalker
Oct 12, 2005

Of course you dont know, YOU dont know because only I know

Grimey Drawer
Very good Green Mario race. Having more people makes it feel more like an in person event

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Stream exploded. "That's never happened before"

rox
Sep 7, 2016

just routine maintenance

its back up now

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
the Pumpkin Jack runner must go through like multiple keyboards a month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

elentar posted:

the Pumpkin Jack runner must go through like multiple keyboards a month

Finding Forrester strats