Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Yeah. I'm in the middle of playing Skylines obsessively for a while but I suspect once I get bored with this city it'll go back on the metaphorical shelf and I won't touch it for another few years while I play a shitload of SC4.

Modern engine and its modification has its advantages though.

Easy to set up el rail over roads.

Traffic manager mod lets me set these to ban cars so I can have pedestrian neighborhoods.

Grand Fromage fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Dec 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Koramei posted:

Some of this sounds really interesting but things like future-planning tradeoffs with suburbia or maintenance increases really isn’t what I want to be worrying about. That’s like how in SC4 power plants would blow up if they got too old so you had to check on them intermittently; imo it was just a bit of a pain in the rear end.
I mean, I was suggesting it within the context of a system where you could decide how much you wanted to interact with various mechanics. As someone essentially already said, just giving the player a lot of control over what they want to deal with and what they don't would give the developers a lot of freedom to develop systems that might appeal to some players without forcing others to deal with them too, giving the game a broader appeal.

In any case, given that it would just be baked into the infrastructure, it wouldn't be something you'd have to check on like that, which does admittedly sounds like a stupid mechanic. Plus it not being so much a binary working fine/blowing up thing would make it a lot less of a hassle. The actual mechanical point would be to give the player a more granular city to interact with, that would encourage and support different approaches to the weaknesses of various approaches. Maybe you let the city subsidize the suburbs, maybe you decide to have taxes automatically adjust to infrastructure costs in a district, or maybe you decide to have infrastructure spending adjust to tax base and let areas fall apart? There's a lot of possibilities there, and "Make a stable-ish shithole city" seems like an aesthetic some people appreciate being able to go for too.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
Managed to get out of the wind power trap; was able to save up and build one of those pricey solar tower things and we've got electricity for days now, even knocked down a few of the old turbines to make room for some more roads. Was really not enjoying having the wind die down and dealing with power issues; a Tesla-style battery for renewables would be nice to see.

Google is definitely your friend in this game - was having recurring water quality issues after cleaning up Poo River, before searching it up and realising that putting a water tower in an industrial area was also the culprit.

We built an underground metro that was a bit of a white elephant - have developed a high density residential core area (surrounding a botanical gardens, university, and a few other nice things) - it was a short loop to a high density commercial area, and recently added in the industrial area as a second line. Only about 450 users per week on something that was probably well over 100k. Roughly what sort of distance should we put between stops, and what are the best sorts of things/areas to have around metro stops?

Was also thinking about starting a little satillite city - not sure whether to save up for the metro connection ($$$) or just do roads... but much of the idea behind the satillite city is trying to get away from being car-centric. Population only around 18k atm so funds/options are limited. Any suggestions? Or is this better left until later in the game?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Is there something I'm missing about the campus expansion? Had a university going, steady growth, then out of nowhere it drops from 2000 to 200 students over the course of about a year and a half. City has several thousand university eligible students and industry is screaming for university workers. Literally nothing has changed except I added stuff to increase the attractiveness for the next level.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah. I'm in the middle of playing Skylines obsessively for a while but I suspect once I get bored with this city it'll go back on the metaphorical shelf and I won't touch it for another few years while I play a shitload of SC4.

Modern engine and its modification has its advantages though.

Easy to set up el rail over roads.

Traffic manager mod lets me set these to ban cars so I can have pedestrian neighborhoods.

How hard is it to get SC4 to work on Windows 10? And apart from NAM are there any other "required" mods?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

VostokProgram posted:

How hard is it to get SC4 to work on Windows 10? And apart from NAM are there any other "required" mods?

The CD versions can't be installed anymore because the DRM they use isn't supported by 10, but if you get the Steam version it works fine. Required mods:

SC4 Launcher (handles setting to one CPU core and whatnot for stability)
SC4Fix
4 GB patch
These bugfix dats: https://simcity4.hippotank.com/

All those are 100% necessary. NAM is not technically required but it makes so many improvements you'd be a fool not to install it.

I would also say CAM. You don't need the entire mod unless you want it (I like it, others don't), but installing the agriculture portion of it is necessary if you want to be able to grow realistic farming areas.

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane
drat you. Don't make me install sc4 again. Last time I went down a 16gb rabbit hole on simtropolis. BTW I still have the grand fromage zip pack from back in the day. And godless commie?

I have been wanting to use the new RHW stuff in nam. Looks awesome making actual ramps etc

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Ethics_Gradient posted:

We built an underground metro that was a bit of a white elephant - have developed a high density residential core area (surrounding a botanical gardens, university, and a few other nice things) - it was a short loop to a high density commercial area, and recently added in the industrial area as a second line. Only about 450 users per week on something that was probably well over 100k. Roughly what sort of distance should we put between stops, and what are the best sorts of things/areas to have around metro stops?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the "X per week" number either doesn't actually mean anything, or is based on the number of agents actually physically walking to/from the station (a cim will walk a good long distance, and days are not that long in real-time). Some of my busiest metro stations in maps have hovered around 450, and in a similar vein I've never had a public library report more than 22-ish users a week... including libraries directly next to massive residential areas or multiple arcologies.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I decided to turn a meteor crater into a park. I feel like it turned out ok. The highway in the background formerly had a junction here, but the meteor hit smack in the middle of it.

edit: One more glamor shot from a low density area I made snake up into the mountains.

Warmachine fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Jan 7, 2022

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Been thinking about a possible CS2 and my dream wishlist.

- Regions. Essentially the same as SC4, you have a larger map and the cities are individual plots on that map. Connect them and they interact with one another. Improvements I'd like are the neighbors to be visible while you're playing, likely as some sort of static image maybe with fake traffic. Ideally you could just click over and it'd save and load the new city for seamless switching. The region should also be expandable after the fact. You can do this in SC4 but only east and south, all four directions would be good.

- Zoning. I would make a lot of zoning changes.
Arbitrary size: again like SC4, no more of this four tiles next to a road poo poo. You'd be able to zone along pedestrian paths.
Categories: I'm not sure I have a great selection here but my current idea is divide it up this way.
Residential, commercial, and office: Detached - Wall to wall - Low rise - Medium rise - High rise
Industrial: Small scale - Large scale. The zones can also be toggled to allow dirty, manufacturing, and/or high tech.
Farming: Individual, factory. Toggle crops, animals, forestry, maybe fishing/aquaculture.

Density and wealth should have zero relation to one another. I would have some sort of density option in district policies, each of those categories could have a low/medium/high density option. Maybe wall to wall should be a toggle that affects how buildings grow rather than its own category? You could also have a wealth option in the policies to make your rich fucker skyscrapers or fields of Dickensian tenements or whatever.

Vertical mixed use obviously needs to be added, I'm not sure the best way to handle it. Basically we're talking about having retail space on the bottom floor of apartment buildings, so it could be a toggle or a policy that can be applied to residential zones maybe. Keep the idea of commercial being able to be specialized in districts, leisure/tourism/retail/whatever.

I'd also like adaptive reuse. You'd be able to select a building you like, say a big warehouse, and rezone that building as residential but the building itself would convert to residential uses, it wouldn't be replaced by a newly grown residential zone. Make some hipster lofts in the old industrial zone. This could also let you convert existing buildings into civic structures like schools.

Roads: I'd like a set of pre-made roads, but also a road creator like the strategy games that allow you to make your own units. Set up how many lanes you want and add specialties like bus lanes. Add a bus lane with concrete barriers and you have a BRT, stuff like that. Integrate the Traffic Manager mod ideas of being able to set up whatever type of signaling/signage you want at intersections and change the lane markers.

Additional pedestrian options. In the base game to build a pedestrian overpass you have to do this crazy bridge that either has 45 degree slopes or huge winding paths. Give me the mod ones with stairs you can just stick on a road. Underpasses also.

- Utilities. Water and power are carried by roads. You can also place pipes and wires for connecting over a distance without a road between them, since we don't want everything to be road-centered.
Garbage: sure whatever.
Deathcare: no.
Healthcare: I don't have any interesting ideas how to change this tbh. Fewer buildings needed would be nice, it's kind of absurd how many hospitals you need.
Fire and police: Same as healthcare.
Schools: I think the wider issue here is not how schools are designed but the way the game requires certain education levels for workplaces and encourages schooling, so you end up in a weird place where to keep your economy functioning you have to actively deny schooling to people to force them to qualify to work at a factory or whatever. I think decouple these, elementary/middle/high school are standard for everybody and basically every job expects you to have graduated high school. University is a different level and only certain jobs ask for it, like if you have a highly educated population you can have high tech industry but it doesn't force you out of having normal jobs the way CS and SC4 tend to.

- Transit. CS does pretty well at offering a lot of options here, not surprising given the developer's history. Get rid of poo poo like blimps and add more options for real transit and we're good. You shouldn't need mods to do el rail over road, that sort of thing should be in the base game. It should be easier to integrate rail lines into the city without having to destroy everything, think like Tokyo where you have a crazy dense network snaking right next to buildings. I would like a toggle between the CS system of making lines and the SC4 system of you just place stuff and people use it.

Transit I'd add: high speed rail for cross-region connection, possibly separate intercity and commuter heavy rail though that's probably best handled by different rolling stock types on the same network, car share (this is maybe more of a policy than a transit type), light rail (could potentially connect to tram), BRT as its own transit type with stations, water taxi.

Also this reminds me that the noise system sucks. In CS people celebrate if you bulldoze the subway station right next to their apartment building, rather than that station making that land super desirable. It's dumb. In general they really need to look at how cities work in East Asia or like, anywhere other than the west coast of the US so you can have better urbanism instead of road hell.

- Districts. Great. Keep these. Add more policy options, can't have too many. Maybe make the display of all the icons less busy and ugly.

- Building themes. Also great and I like that you can browse in game and see all the buildings. Streamline making these but it's good.

That reminds me that there should be a button that can search all your buildings (Find It mod, basically) in the base game and you should be able to plop functional buildings from it. Everyone wants to plop buildings, the engine clearly supports it since it can be modded in, just put it in there to begin with and properly integrated. Move It also should be in the base game.

- Add a menu to adjust people's preferences for various forms of transit so you can set up cities that behave differently. American car cities, European little walkable villages, East Asian giant scale mass transit, whatever.

- Ability to recolor buildings and paint terrain textures in the base game.

- More terraforming tools and a mixed forest brush instead of only being able to paint a single type of tree at once.

- Full seasons. Trees changing color, snow accumulation, all of it. You'd of course be able to set the environment so you can have a seasonless desert or whatever. Not sure how difficult snow would be to do, but seasonal trees are moddable into SC4 so no reason you couldn't make that work.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Agreed with everything, especially

quote:

Roads: I'd like a set of pre-made roads, but also a road creator like the strategy games that allow you to make your own units. Set up how many lanes you want and add specialties like bus lanes. Add a bus lane with concrete barriers and you have a BRT, stuff like that. Integrate the Traffic Manager mod ideas of being able to set up whatever type of signaling/signage you want at intersections and change the lane markers.

which is a drat good idea.

The only thing I'd add is copy-paste tool.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
I know it's a "city" building game, but I want to be able to build farming communities. Procedural filled fields that don't need to be plopped by hand, actual seasons so the farms look like they're being worked, small, 3-4 block towns with some scattered houses into the fields. Regional play would be ideal for this, the constant megalopolis gets tiresome, I want to make cute little towns in Iowa.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

pointlessone posted:

I know it's a "city" building game, but I want to be able to build farming communities. Procedural filled fields that don't need to be plopped by hand, actual seasons so the farms look like they're being worked, small, 3-4 block towns with some scattered houses into the fields. Regional play would be ideal for this, the constant megalopolis gets tiresome, I want to make cute little towns in Iowa.

Yeah, you can do this in SimCity 4 and it's great. Cities look far more natural than in C:S since you can fill up a tile with farms first, develop little villages around major crossroads, let those grow larger into urban areas that naturally flow into the agricultural areas. Agriculture looking terrible is one of my top issues with Skylines. Cities are just islands in wilderness unless you download a bunch of mods that let you paint fake farms.

The start from highway/whole region needing a highway laid out first thing also needs to be yeeted entirely.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah, you can do this in SimCity 4 and it's great. Cities look far more natural than in C:S since you can fill up a tile with farms first, develop little villages around major crossroads, let those grow larger into urban areas that naturally flow into the agricultural areas. Agriculture looking terrible is one of my top issues with Skylines. Cities are just islands in wilderness unless you download a bunch of mods that let you paint fake farms.

The start from highway/whole region needing a highway laid out first thing also needs to be yeeted entirely.

who cares lol

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Grand Fromage posted:

Sure, it can work, if you make it a start from a two lane country road rather than a six lane highway.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

nielsm posted:

Sure, it can work, if you make it a start from a two lane country road rather than a six lane highway.

Works for me. Or at the very least have the highway running THROUGH my starting area so that I can choose what kind of exit to build, where to build it, etc.

A divided highway like in CS is loving obnoxious when you start with two lane roads and the highway just terminates like someone's budget ran out.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

you are a disgrace to your username

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

How dare people grow their cities the way they want

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
It would be super cool and good if instead of empty wilderness, when you started a new region it would be populated with a few long roads and a bunch of procedurally generated random farmland and dirt farm roads. And then, oh, there's a train station here so naturally that's where a village would begin to develop...

But CO's Thing is transport puzzles, so I'm not sure they're the right company to even conceptualize a city building game that begins with a blank slate, rather than with a highway intersection. To get what we are really longing for (modern 3D Simcity 4) we'll probably need to wait for a developer who's actually into the urban development concept, rather than just specifically the transportation concept.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

It would be super cool and good if instead of empty wilderness, when you started a new region it would be populated with a few long roads and a bunch of procedurally generated random farmland and dirt farm roads. And then, oh, there's a train station here so naturally that's where a village would begin to develop...

But CO's Thing is transport puzzles, so I'm not sure they're the right company to even conceptualize a city building game that begins with a blank slate, rather than with a highway intersection. To get what we are really longing for (modern 3D Simcity 4) we'll probably need to wait for a developer who's actually into the urban development concept, rather than just specifically the transportation concept.

These aren't impossible to accomplish in the current system, as evidenced by the existence of workshop maps with things like basic water and power infrastructure already in place, or the existence of scenarios where you take over an existing area. What you described is basically taking over a small low density village with a farming industry and taking it from backwater to metropole.

The trick is getting first-party support for this.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Few new Content Creator packs too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-NC508fTtM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY52BSmwY4w

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
There's a tutorial on how to use the upcoming airport expansion. It looks promising.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WItPzky3MZo

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
So my vanilla city has hit Megapolis; curious where most people go from there?

I've been whacking down monuments and leveling up my university, haven't built any big parks or other leisure areas (seems like a possibility). Also accidentally laid a heat pipe so went through my whole city and upgraded the water infrastructure, which cost me like a million dollar or something. Traffic is at 90% which I'm reasonably happy with.

It seems like I'll start running out of space to build all the things I might want to like a liberal arts and trade school, not to mention amusement parks and a few other precincts I had in mind; does the mod that unlocks the extra buildable tiles make the game much more unstable or laggy? So far in vanilla I've been fine, but my PC is a fairly old i5 (4460 IIRC), although a decent enough graphics card and RAM.

I've found mod lists, but curious which ones people like for adding more "endgame" content. Alternatively, some playstyles or mods that would suit a new game to keep things interesting.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Ethics_Gradient posted:

I've been whacking down monuments and leveling up my university, haven't built any big parks or other leisure areas (seems like a possibility). Also accidentally laid a heat pipe so went through my whole city and upgraded the water infrastructure, which cost me like a million dollar or something. Traffic is at 90% which I'm reasonably happy with.

It seems like I'll start running out of space to build all the things I might want to like a liberal arts and trade school, not to mention amusement parks and a few other precincts I had in mind; does the mod that unlocks the extra buildable tiles make the game much more unstable or laggy? So far in vanilla I've been fine, but my PC is a fairly old i5 (4460 IIRC), although a decent enough graphics card and RAM.

I've found mod lists, but curious which ones people like for adding more "endgame" content. Alternatively, some playstyles or mods that would suit a new game to keep things interesting.
My several year old computer runs 25 tiles well. I can't imagine how I'd fill up all 81 tiles.

The chokepoint for this game seems to be RAM. Like it eats RAM. How much you got, and how is your city chugging with nine fullish tiles?

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

There's a fair bit of water and only just rolled over 70k, so it is going fine at the moment. Ive got 16 gigs of RAM

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Ethics_Gradient posted:

There's a fair bit of water and only just rolled over 70k, so it is going fine at the moment. Ive got 16 gigs of RAM
I have one machine with 16 gigs and I can't run a city of more than about 90K on that. My other computer has 32 gigs and that seems to work OK for up to about 300,000 people, i.e. filling up most of 25 tiles. Obviously YMMV depending on other computing factors but yeah that seems to be the big choke point to me.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Albino Squirrel posted:

I have one machine with 16 gigs and I can't run a city of more than about 90K on that. My other computer has 32 gigs and that seems to work OK for up to about 300,000 people, i.e. filling up most of 25 tiles. Obviously YMMV depending on other computing factors but yeah that seems to be the big choke point to me.

I've got an Amazon giftcard I need to kill and I reckon another 16GB of RAM will do nicely to topping the cart off :getin:

I'm also telling myself it's for Lightroom.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
biggest thing skylines 2: more skylines needs is to get ride of pipes and powerlines and just have it be a meter you balance in the background with buildings

pipes are literally a tax you just forget to do sometimes and power has the obvious issue of things not building out in a way that actually connects.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I just used a mod to disable the need for both and never looked back.

SuperTeeJay
Jun 14, 2015

Ethics_Gradient posted:

Projects in an existing city are fun/better than the initial building - creating open areas and bodies of water between the buildings, adding highway and heavy rail bypasses to suit demand, redesigning local transport around how the city has actually ended up, replacing generic neighbourhoods with something unique like a legalised gambling zone, methodically relieving traffic jams at junctions, etc.

I've spent more than 200 hours on my 250K city and I'd guess that almost all of the surface roads were laid out at about the 50 hour mark; everything since then has been making it look nicer and unfucking how the agents move around. I'll get the new Airport expansion just because I'm interested in fitting a new mega airport into my city and then doing something with the land that is freed up by demolishing the two existing airports.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
Trip report: I started up a new city and built up an airport area. It's a fun DLC, making a huge sprawling terminal scratches an itch I didn't quite know I had. The concourses connect naturally and look pretty sweet. Do remember that you have to leave enough room for your one-way airplane circulation. The airport zones are realistically huge; building a full-sized airport including a cargo terminal took me most of a 2x2 km tile. The five achievements are trivially easy if you care about that.

I'll have to load up a city where I've already got a few hundred thousand people and have the demand to build a thriving airport (also, one where I've already got all the tiles unlocked so I'm not spending my time trying to build up not-Phoenix to unlock more area for the airport and surrounding highways).

Buy if you're an airport nerd, wait for it to go on sale otherwise.

SuperTeeJay
Jun 14, 2015

The DLC is on CD Keys for about half price: https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/cities-skylines-airports-pc-dlc-steam?mw_aref=74dth566

It's several solid hours of building fun and I'd second that you need plenty of free terrain. I blew up a lot of poo poo for my effort and I'd still need more space to have the same amount of terminals, decorations, etc., with straight taxiways, clean turns and plenty of separation.

Before:

After:

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
How does mass transit work in the airport district? Can you just build normal transit terminals or are there some new built in options?

SuperTeeJay
Jun 14, 2015

The larger terminals and concourse hubs have metro stations built into them, and you can bolt on new train, bus and elevated metro stations - the orange blob on the right leg of my main building is the train station. Bus stops can also be placed on the arrival and departure levels of the terminals.

A massive airport could feasibly have trains and buses moving passengers between the buildings, although who knows if the agents would recognise/use any connection.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
One of the complaints I saw about tbe DLC was that the airport terminals are attached to some kind of funky roads, in the same way things like the fishing harbors, cargo ports, etc. all come with a road attached. is there any good way with modding to replace those roads with more appropriate ones? the last time I tried, I could move the building/its associated road around with stuff like Move It, and I could move the entry/exit points, but I couldn't just... delete the road to replace it with something better

Filthy Lucre
Feb 27, 2006
The Touch This! mod will let you remove/upgrade the road section attached harbors, ports, etc.

No idea if it has been updated for the Airport DLC (I haven't gotten it yet).

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Epsilon Plus posted:

One of the complaints I saw about tbe DLC was that the airport terminals are attached to some kind of funky roads, in the same way things like the fishing harbors, cargo ports, etc. all come with a road attached. is there any good way with modding to replace those roads with more appropriate ones? the last time I tried, I could move the building/its associated road around with stuff like Move It, and I could move the entry/exit points, but I couldn't just... delete the road to replace it with something better

The complaint is specifically the main terminal uses vanilla-y roads. That's about it.

It's a minor complaint easily resolved with Network Multitool.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

This is my first airport - it's in a new city so I'm going to expand up to the area circumscribed by the highway... and probably tear up the current terminal and rebuild it now that I kind of know what I'm doing.

The result of my efforts to shoehorn a new main airport into a fully built-up city - it works but occasionally there's some plane traffic that piles up on the tarmac, and I wish I had more room to put in accessory buildings.

This is probably about as small as I could make a functional airport - game says it's about 2400 cells. Takes over from my little 'domestic' airport (the base airport in the game) with an expansion into a small commercial area surrounding.

And this lil guy is in my current winter city - fortunately I had some open land (along with some judicious expropriation) and I kind of like how there's a big long terminal with both domestic and international entrances, and a separate cargo airport on the right side.

Gadzuko posted:

How does mass transit work in the airport district? Can you just build normal transit terminals or are there some new built in options?
So one thing I learned is that the new metro trains are slightly longer than the base ones - and they seem to get stuck on the geometry especially if you've got tight corners at the exits of stations. I let my metro in that winter city run for a bit with express trains on, and, uh, now I have 3800 people piled up in the main terminal because the trains couldn't make it past the second station on the line.

csidle
Jul 31, 2007

Last night when I loaded up the game, I'd suddenly lost a whole bunch of buttons from TM:PE. I took a screenshot but am away from home, but basically I have 4 buttons left, one of which is "clear all traffic". I don't have the button for lane assignments, etc. I don't recall any new mods being added other than Plop the Growables!

Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane
Try unsubscribe and then resubbing to your mods. Most of them have been updated for airlines and for some reason this works.