Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

also if youve never stolen from big box department stores you are one hundred percent bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Chief McHeath posted:

Don't shoplift from Target. They have a reputation for letting you steal poo poo over and over again until you hit the felony threshold, then they'll press charges. Just steal from Walmart dang. Scan one bag two.

bitchmade bitcvh narc

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
yall got too dicktaken about CVSs and Walgeens being looted.

WHO CARES???? its the EXACT stores that should be cleaned out.

stay out of the bodegas. Burn the chains to the ground.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i will never stop stealing from walmart and loblaws

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I prefer to do my thefts in cyberspace tyvm

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Nooner posted:

please give me back my apes

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Nooner posted:

Brother could you lend me some crypto????

Edit: dammit sid

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

If I don’t go to Target how will I expand my comic book character graphic tee collection?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
When pandemic first started and stores didn't know what was what and got shut down and then reopened I would hood up mask on run riot on Walmart. Haven't in a while anyway. I wanted a yo-yo the other day and walmart didn't have any.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I had a week long work trip several years ago and they specifically told us just to pack jeans and t-shirts. The 2nd to last day of the trip the guy leading the course goes "Oh and we're going to see the CEO tomorrow so dress nice!"

I went to Target and found a pair of pants and a polo shirt for under 40 bucks total, and the woman checking me out couldn't get the pants to scan correctly anyway so she just marked them as $5.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Pug Rodeo posted:

If I don’t go to Target how will I expand my comic book character graphic tee collection?

they have good t shrts too tho i gotta purple rain anna wu-tang shirt there

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

i don’t shoplift anymore but my thing that I do frequently is get really high end produce and then enter it as the shittiest possible version of that produce, like I get fancy organic heirloom carrots and enter them as lovely regular carrots, or I get Asian pears and enter them as regular pears. never been questioned and if anyone ever does i’ll just be like hurr sorry i thought it was a different pear. What are they going to do, kill me

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Sid Vicious posted:

i stopped going to walmart because im like 95% sure they realiEzed i was regularly shoplifting >100 dollars of stuff every time lol

They 100% do not care about tracking shoplifters lol

Shoplifting from big box stores is cool and good

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

i don’t shoplift anymore but my thing that I do frequently is get really high end produce and then enter it as the shittiest possible version of that produce, like I get fancy organic heirloom carrots and enter them as lovely regular carrots, or I get Asian pears and enter them as regular pears. never been questioned and if anyone ever does i’ll just be like hurr sorry i thought it was a different pear. What are they going to do, kill me

the perfect crime...

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Target Babes

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
its true, target shopper are more attractive on average than walmart shopper

after all i shop there

:grin:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
One time I stacked a bunch of smaller Rubbermaids in a bigger one, and told the check out person twice I had them in there. They just said "okay" each time and didn't open the thing or anything. It wasn't really shoplifting it was a gift from an employee

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

i came real close to getting selected for jury duty for some dudes the cops claimed were looting a target during the riots. the da must have smelled the nullification oozing out my pores

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

can never find anything in one, and if you ask a worker they get angry. make sure to do self check out so you won’t be rung up incorrectly … over-all terrible store to go into. 2/10 butts (which apparently what you call a dart board)

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
My sister gave me this great eggplant-colored hoodie for Christmas. It was from Target. Really nice fit, great color. Worried it'll shrink though...trying to be careful not to put it in the dryer!

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

precision posted:

that oesn't sound very plausible to me. youre suggesting that target knows people are stealing, keeps records of them havng stoled, and waits until the records show they stole enough, and then... calls the cops...?

like... they'd have to employ a bunch of people at every stage of that... people to have eyes on all that data

im pretty sure thats an urban legend... or maybe for people who steal TVs? but like... i just really doubt the whole mechanism proposed here... i think they would just call the cops when they see u stealing or not... it seems like way too much work and employees to do anything complex like that

They have a dedicated investigation branch.

https://corporate.target.com/_media/TargetCorp/csr/pdf/Target-Forensic-Services-Fact-Sheet.pdf

Note "organized retail crime." They don't give a poo poo about, like, a guy stealing a pack of batteries but if you keep going back to the same place or coordinate with other people Target will absolutely ship all the evidence off to their weird CSI lab to connect the dots. With modern software that can track people as they move around, entering and leaving different cameras' views, it's not even terribly difficult.

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jan 18, 2022

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Around here all the pretty ladies shop at target

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I used to work at Target and it really depends on what kind of bullshit you want to put up with as a retail person. Do you prefer getting harassed by the methed-up tweaker that’s also day drunk at Wal-Mart, or do you want to get harassed by the coked-up wife of a lawyer who is also day drunk at Target.

fps_nug
Feb 21, 2021

horsing around no longer

Sid Vicious posted:

target tried to come here to canada and bought up all the old Zellers properties and lasted less than two years lol

I got caught trying to shoplift a red bull from zellers when I was younger and they tried to charge me 300 dollars illegally

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

They can potentially have good popcorn depending on who is working. I used to grab a bag every sunday at a certain store because my girl Maria would make PERFECT popcorn. Just the right amount of seasoning. Incredible

fps_nug
Feb 21, 2021

horsing around no longer

precision posted:

that oesn't sound very plausible to me. youre suggesting that target knows people are stealing, keeps records of them havng stoled, and waits until the records show they stole enough, and then... calls the cops...?

im pretty sure thats an urban legend... or maybe for people who steal TVs?

this is a very real thing and cabelas canada does it aswell

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

it’s definitely not standard practice but there have been cases of targets and Walmarts that build a case on a shoplifter until they accumulate a certain cash value and then drop the hammer. This only happens if you’re stealing an absurd amount of stuff though I’m sure

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

it’s definitely not standard practice but there have been cases of targets and Walmarts that build a case on a shoplifter until they accumulate a certain cash value and then drop the hammer. This only happens if you’re stealing an absurd amount of stuff though I’m sure

thats why im concerned lol

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

yeah I would just not go back there or not steal if you do lmao. I bet you’re fine though

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I worked at target for seven years many moons ago. Absolutely wild to me that when I worked there I made $6.90 an hour and once got sent home for wearing a red striped shirt instead of solid red and nowadays target employees make $18/hr, wear whatever they want, and completely ignore all customers. This is the way it should be, I’m just jealous that things were so lovely for me.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

remigious posted:

I worked at target for seven years many moons ago. Absolutely wild to me that when I worked there I made $6.90 an hour and once got sent home for wearing a red striped shirt instead of solid red and nowadays target employees make $18/hr, wear whatever they want, and completely ignore all customers. This is the way it should be, I’m just jealous that things were so lovely for me.

this is what its like to be our parents

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

right like i don't doubt they do this for people stealing high dollar stuff repeatedly... like TVs or laptops...

im just saying for lierally everything else it would just cost them more money to do all this...

there are ppl who go around stealing literally dozens of TVs in a holiday season... itt those are the only ppl who should be worried about it

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

precision posted:

right like i don't doubt they do this for people stealing high dollar stuff repeatedly... like TVs or laptops...

im just saying for lierally everything else it would just cost them more money to do all this...

there are ppl who go around stealing literally dozens of TVs in a holiday season... itt those are the only ppl who should be worried about it

I finally understand why Walmart doesn't carry TVs worth buying in Canada now

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

lol last time i saw someone get busted by walmart loss prevention they tried to walk out with an RCA tv and a bunch of dog food

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

My dog likes to watch tv

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
The dog food was probably more expensive than the RCA TV.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
The Loss Prevention at Target was way more serious than any other store I’ve ever worked at. In retrospect It seems weird that we’d get a report that somebody stole from two other locations earlier in our district and be on the lookout and sure enough they’d come into our store the same day to steal the same items.

But yeah it was always large things like just tossing TVs into a shopping cart and walking out with it.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

idk if this kind of retail was like this but at department stores we as the employees were the primary targets of the loss prevention people. ESPECIALLY after we left. I went back once six months later and got tailed by a rentacop the entire time. Like he was on me immediately; either it was a tremendous coincidence or they had some serious facecam tech

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
There recently was an old guy in a wheelchair who stole a toolbox from Walmart and the cop mag-dumped into him when he refused to stop rolling away so I dunno, I guess you take your chances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the interiors of target and walmart are 14 years old