Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

euphronius posted:

how can it cost 300 mill a year to make candy crush

Advertising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

euphronius posted:

how can it cost 300 mill a year to make candy crush

it's probably at least half executive salaries

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Play more indie games yall

Caves of Qud has more sovl than anything that came out in 2021 and it's goonmade

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

would there be server costs involved for candy crush? that would probably be expensive.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

SKULL.GIF posted:

Caves of Qud has more sovl than anything that came out in 2021 and it's goonmade

I really love this game. It's just a great time. Wondrous things spill out constantly

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

Its great and best of all the the non-roguelike mode doesnt brick your entire game anymore lol

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Nonsense posted:

would there be server costs involved for candy crush? that would probably be expensive.

aren't servers cheap as poo poo for how much traffic they handle in comparison to the capital costs for basically anything else

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

at what point are you going to accept that, just like climate change, ignoring the bad news doesn't actually make it go away?

This is how most people cope with life

You're in a particularly small echo chamber here dude

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
caves of qud would be significantly more fun if it didn't use hit points but instead used the dwarf fortress method of simulating body parts and bleeding out and all that. Shoot off enemies' hands and legs and stuff

anyway hope the stock indices continue to fall this week

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Casey Finnigan posted:

caves of qud would be significantly more fun if it didn't use hit points but instead used the dwarf fortress method of simulating body parts and bleeding out and all that. Shoot off enemies' hands and legs and stuff

Stonks number down, arms and legs number up!

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
I'm long the body parts index

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

A Bakers Cousin posted:

I'm long the body parts index

CrueltyCoin is when they're not connected anymore, QudSPAC is for when they still are. Please ensure your portfolio reflects your risk levels

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Im invested in a hedge funds drawn and quartered index

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Limb specific damage should be the norm

It's one of the reasons why kenshi is so good

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

All time highs by thursday

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

mycomancy posted:

gently caress off, oval office. You may not take a pandemic featuring one of the most infectious diseases mankind has seen seriously, but other people do.

Mr Hootington posted:

You should go live your life and quit worrying about other people.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

lol it's very funny that the covid thread has this reputation when, up until extremely recently, the CDC was saying no one needed to wear an N95 mask and that vaccinated people didn't have to mask at all.

at what point are you going to accept that, just like climate change, ignoring the bad news doesn't actually make it go away?

no lube so what posted:

Nah, that thread has been constantly correct and the madness is driven by watching everyone else not understand 2+2=4 and that 4 is gonna be real bad.

Rutibex posted:

my mental health is tied to the disgusting disregard for life our society has, and the fact that covid has made me look that ugly fact in the face.

I spend a lot of effort to prevent myself from catching it, because I don't personally want to spread it to other people and be responsible for murder in order to give myself some kind of capitalist treat. catching covid myself would suck, but unfortunately it would not improve my mental situation. the only way for that to improve would be for society to stop murdering the vulnerable for treats :shrug: lol!

FistEnergy posted:

do not disparage one of the best and most consistently correct threads on the forum. or their blessed posters. tyvm

lol

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

euphronius posted:

modern batteries on cars can go quick so yes start it and run it every few days

Or just disconnect the battery

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Casey Finnigan posted:

the dwarf fortress adventure mode wrestling system except you’re a teenage mutant ninja turtle with eight arms sounds pretty badass

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Casey Finnigan posted:

Doesn't it? Try playing a guy with four arms and four axes and you will have so many severed body parts to play with

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Fame Douglas posted:

Nintendo produces soulless derivative garbage, just like Disney. They're the same company, just in different fields. Wahoo!

Disney and Nintendo both make art that has a soul, it's the soul of money.

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

thish, ah *sniff* reminds me of a... joke from communist times

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

If my calculations are correct, when the 10Y hits 2%... you're gonna see some serious poo poo.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
They should call it the stink market

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

if they dont move these refried beans by saturday theys gonna break the managers thumbs

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Casey Finnigan posted:

I'm gonna be honest I have no idea why being a mormon would make you want to put a microchip in your hand

patriarchy

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

If my calculations are correct, when the 10Y hits 2%... you're gonna see some serious poo poo.

Could see that by the end of the week.

Asian markets are making GBS threads themselves.
Futures have started to puke. Early though

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I did an analysis of the stock market and me getting fatter.

Ever since I got off the PCT and dropped 15 lbs stocks slumped for a while. Now that I'm 8 lbs heavier stocks went up, until about 3 days ago when I decided to get my fat rear end in shape.

If I can drop 15 more pounds I can get us to 20k, I just know it.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Look fuckers, no matter what such and such or so and so do, number will go up.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Nice and hot piss posted:

I did an analysis of the stock market and me getting fatter.

Ever since I got off the PCT and dropped 15 lbs stocks slumped for a while. Now that I'm 8 lbs heavier stocks went up, until about 3 days ago when I decided to get my fat rear end in shape.

If I can drop 15 more pounds I can get us to 20k, I just know it.

So, you were buying so much junk food you are personally the entire consumer economy?

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Kazzah posted:

They should call it the stink market

yeah bcuz stink rises

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
https://twitter.com/AlexInAir/status/1483529718561394701

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
5G is a weird way to spell covid

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Palladium posted:

5G is a weird way to spell covid

COVID is the clinical condition. 5G is the name of the thing that causes it :science:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
no it’s actually 5g. the fcc sold off a block of frequencies close to what planes use for it and now all the planes that didn’t get upgraded to deal with this problem are having issues

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
regulatory oversight isn't real

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Pokemon Go To The Crash Site

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
All FAA funding is now to be derived from NFTs of crash photos. Register now to own your unique slice of Kobe's earth dunk

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Number go down.

AOCIA
Nov 29, 2021

by sebmojo
well thats one way to regress i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petanque