Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I feel like the undivided LL is clearly the most unique experience, which makes it super tempting to play first, but for me at least it probably makes sense to experience some of the more baseline monogod factions first so they don't just feel like lesser/more limited versions in comparison. I know they'll all have unique mechanics that seem pretty cool, so it's not like they'll be completely redundant or anything, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Sinteres posted:

I feel like the undivided LL is clearly the most unique experience, which makes it super tempting to play first, but for me at least it probably makes sense to experience some of the more baseline monogod factions first so they don't just feel like lesser/more limited versions in comparison. I know they'll all have unique mechanics that seem pretty cool, so it's not like they'll be completely redundant or anything, but still.

i'm going to eat ice cream for breakfast

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Vargs posted:

This thread tends to go too hard in the opposite direction in what is seemingly an attempt to appear as contrarian to reddit as possible, while acting as though anyone who has something minor that they don't care for is frothing at the mouth in extreme gamer rage. It's ok to not think that absolutely everything is 100% perfect. Like, the TWW2 DLC unit cards were pretty low quality and out-of-place before they were revamped. Didn't ruin the game by any means, but they weren't good.

yeah reddit is not actually screaming about things being too red. i went there looking for salt and didn't find much

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
There was a mention about prequel campaign in one of the videos, which seems interesting.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Turin's stream just showed a Kislev ability, "By Our Blood", which gives their units Unbreakable for 30 seconds if their leadership starts wavering. Looks like a change to their previous one, which was a flat Leadership boost when below half health. Feels like a net nerf, probably?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
They really are going all out for 3 and it is glorious.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The Great Maw is a feature on the map, and it is a living sarlacc mouth, not just an unusually large and spooky crater!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I am so hype for this I am going to donate my own skull to the skull throne

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Dr Christmas posted:

The Great Maw is a feature on the map, and it is a living sarlacc mouth, not just an unusually large and spooky crater!

*Happy Tyranid noises*

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Zerkovich said there was a big change to Kislev’s “By our blood ability.” It used to be a sort of second-wind leadership buff. Now it’s a one-use thing that makes units unbreakable!

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Has anyone seen what they've got in the Chaos Dwarf lands?

edit: seems to be orcs

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

So better for resisting breaks from terror as well?

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
From Discord, there are 3 different multiplayer campaigns.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Looks like Be'lakor is the final battle.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

not a bot posted:

From Discord, there are 3 different multiplayer campaigns.

Love the options, especially the shorter ones. And since Warhammer 3 is on Gamepass day one I think I can finally con some friends in to playing with me lmao

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I wonder if AI being able to properly navigate those settlement battles means GCCM maps will actually work properly now.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I am so hype for this I am going to donate my own skull to the skull throne

same, see ya there!

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I projected a stream onto my TV and the UI is so red that some guy knocked on my door looking for a blow job so I guess what I’m saying is this game has already paid for itself

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
You can fuse items to upgrade them or even just sell them, neat.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Has there been any information on how long it will be before there's a TWW3 mortal empires style map?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

yeah reddit is not actually screaming about things being too red. i went there looking for salt and didn't find much

You're not going to find salt on a pure hype day. The bitching was pretty consistent for the last week before today. Fog of war ugly, UI ugly, unit cards bad, where my city decision per faction art, build a demon prince lame. Blue Chaos Warrior alone lasted for the better part of 2 months.

Actually give it a day or two, every livestream will be combed for screenshots of the next golden bullet to prove that TWWH3 is a rushed turd being flushed fast for a cash grab.

Game looks perfect

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Reik posted:

Has there been any information on how long it will be before there's a TWW3 mortal empires style map?
They have not given us a date or even an estimate for when Immortal Empires will be released. They specifically said it would be after the main game release though.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I refuse to watch any livestreaming why won't CA cater to me :argh:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I refuse to watch any livestreaming why won't CA cater to me :argh:

https://youtu.be/3nEELV91IKc PartyElite did a video on 5 big changes.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Doomykins posted:

You're not going to find salt on a pure hype day. The bitching was pretty consistent for the last week before today. Fog of war ugly, UI ugly, unit cards bad, where my city decision per faction art, build a demon prince lame. Blue Chaos Warrior alone lasted for the better part of 2 months.

This isn't even close to being true. Have there been any unhappy people at all for the last two months? Sure. Has that consistently been anything approaching a majority? Definitely not. Turning this thread into a place where we dunk on strawmen kind of sucks.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Portals to the Realm of Chaos pop up every so often, and you can close them to prevent demon armies from spawning, use them to teleport an army to any other portal on the map(!), or go into the Realm of Chaos to progress the campaign. Zerkovich did that to close out his stream, and holy poo poo, it’s more awesome than I even hoped.

It’s this map from an RPG book rendered in full 3D glory! Zerk decided to enter into Nurgle’s realm, but all the realms are on one map. I recognized Arghas the Plague Moon and the Great Tree that connects Nurgle and Tzeentch’s realms.

It seems Cathay and Kislev will be somewhat opposed in hunting down Ursun. The opening cutscene reveals that Miao Ying has contempt for Ursun, but she want to interrogate him about one of the missing dragon siblings, who disappeared into the north. The Advisor is more of a character, and he sees this whole situation as a way to free himself of the curse he suffers from carrying the Tome of the Architect.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Neutral armies that are at war with the army you are attacking will reinforce your battles

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

I do appreciate that the game will allow you to invade Brettonia with an army of frogs, once the mortal empires equivalent comes out.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

This was a nice “10 new things” type video. Some of the stuff I already knew, some I didn’t (like saving a campaign lord to the custom battle pool). https://youtu.be/PvF31MV2N1U

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
CA keeps finding ways to exceed my expectations

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Outposts let you recruit allied faction units. This is tremendously fun. Just all kinds of chaotic EVERYONE IS HERE energy to the armies.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I'm a little concerned that the campaign might end up feeling like a slog with too much taking place outside of the main map, but I guess that's what Immortal Empires and Ogre Kingdoms are for if that ends up being the case.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

:sickos:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Now I want a Glamour/Transmog option. :colbert:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

DaysBefore posted:

Love the options, especially the shorter ones. And since Warhammer 3 is on Gamepass day one I think I can finally con some friends in to playing with me lmao

any word on if there will be crossplay with steam? free is a great price but i need my mods

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Communist Thoughts posted:

any word on if there will be crossplay with steam? free is a great price but i need my mods

Oh good point, no idea. But at the same time wrangling mods with multiple people is always a pain and it's going to be a while before any really good ones land anyway so I'm good for now. Would hate to miss out on the Ogres though as I'm not going to buy the game on Xbox.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

DaysBefore posted:

Oh good point, no idea. But at the same time wrangling mods with multiple people is always a pain and it's going to be a while before any really good ones land anyway so I'm good for now. Would hate to miss out on the Ogres though as I'm not going to buy the game on Xbox.

Its gonna be like 2 weeks before cataph ports over his TEB mod somewhere.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
There is like a month or two before CA officially opens up the workshop so that they can try to catch any major bugs and make sure everything is serviceable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Didn't expect shadow thing Belakor using Ursun to take revenge on the Chaos gods, tbh.