Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

God drat, everything that has been put out today has me ultra hyped. gently caress. I've already pre-ordered (back when I posted that $47 deal for WH3), because I'm a slut, but gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I'm watching some streamer play undivided and holy gently caress this looks amazing. the siege maps are giant citadels with tower defense elements, a mechanic for which I have been an uncurable sucker my entire life. The streamer gave his daemon prince slutty Slaanesh leggings and now the daemon prince is sexy. when does this come out.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Feb 17

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

I hope there's a way to open up the portals in the mortal empires equivalent so that we can show the chaos gods who really is Da Best.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Jeff the Mediocre posted:

I hope there's a way to open up the portals in the mortal empires equivalent so that we can show the chaos gods who really is Da Best.

Itz Grimgor

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Gonkish posted:

God drat, everything that has been put out today has me ultra hyped. gently caress. I've already pre-ordered (back when I posted that $47 deal for WH3), because I'm a slut, but gently caress.

The $47.08 deal on Gamebillet is still up, for those who have been made insatiably horny by today's news.

https://www.gamebillet.com/total-war-warhammer-iii-pre-order?affiliate=1c8adfeb-78f3-4d89-9a91-5b697ec73e37

:circlefap:

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Also Gamebillet has proper currency conversion so it's 42€ for euros, unlike Steam where 1 dollar = 1 euro.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Jeff the Mediocre posted:

I want to see how they incorporate the realms of chaos on the ME-style map, because I can't imagine that they won't. If they do the portals things, the ideas of either closing/teleporting across the map/YOLO-ing into the realms is REALLY COOL because it not only includes the realms, but also allows a means for any faction to move large distances without needing to sail/march for however many billions of turns it takes to get to a far-off destination.

Everything they're dropping today has me super hyped. It looks like they're really going all out for WH3. I'm hopeful any bugs are relatively minor.

EDIT: wait what

EDIT EDIT:

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jan 19, 2022

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Earlier I was hoping CA would push away from Doomstacks and towards more interesting battles and it seems like they are managing this with a bunch of things.

For instance, the Ivory Road mechanic as you sending caravans that presumably will be attacked along the way. Since it doesn't seem like you recruit for the caravan guards, you will be forced to play out the battle with the forces you have. That's a nice change of pace.

Has anyone gone into the skill trees anywhere?

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Man the number of units/bonuses/body parts you can unlock when playing the demon prince is crazy.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I will be making the prettiest Princess.... OF TERROR

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

doingitwrong posted:

Has anyone gone into the skill trees anywhere?

They are different but outsides of lighting strike changes they have not been touched upon.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

doingitwrong posted:

For instance, the Ivory Road mechanic as you sending caravans that presumably will be attacked along the way. Since it doesn't seem like you recruit for the caravan guards, you will be forced to play out the battle with the forces you have. That's a nice change of pace.

Is the caravan army a predetermined random set that you just get once you set up the caravan, or can you select which troops are in it?

If it's up to me, I am only sending my caravan surrounded by 20 steam tanks. :colbert:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Outposts are my favorite surprise feature. It'll make campaign best friends pretty fun, especially when IE hits and you go back to factions that have weird friends like Aranessa and Ikit ME.

Sinteres posted:

This isn't even close to being true. Have there been any unhappy people at all for the last two months? Sure. Has that consistently been anything approaching a majority? Definitely not. Turning this thread into a place where we dunk on strawmen kind of sucks.

I'll agree on majority but I'm gonna keep having a good laugh at the steady stream of sky is falling posts. I gave it a day before the moaning would resume, I think I vastly overestimated. I wonder what the next "this is why TWWH3 is actually bad" meme will be.

If winds reserves cap at 100 are Vampire Counts unplayable?

"Needs polish"

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Oh my god the outpost system is so cool. Finally, a reason to bother with military alliances. I'm hyped for Karl leading an army that includes some random dwarf units and stuff. gently caress that's cool. I know it's only a max of 4 allied units per stack, but still, that's just awesome.

The dwarves can get demigryph knights maybe? Or even just Empire knights? Something? I mean they can already get Mournfang Cav in WH2 soooo...

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I wonder how much the AI will prioritize filling gaps in their rosters with outposts. Like if dwarfs start showing up with demigryph knights pretty often because they're buds with the Empire, that's a big change.

E: But yeah, ogre mercenaries already sort of did that.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Doomykins posted:

Outposts are my favorite surprise feature. It'll make campaign best friends pretty fun, especially when IE hits and you go back to factions that have weird friends like Aranessa and Ikit ME.

I'll agree on majority but I'm gonna keep having a good laugh at the steady stream of sky is falling posts. I gave it a day before the moaning would resume, I think I vastly overestimated. I wonder what the next "this is why TWWH3 is actually bad" meme will be.

If winds reserves cap at 100 are Vampire Counts unplayable?

"Needs polish"

TBQH I do not care even a little bit about what Reddit's whining about

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Trade is now disconnected from borders/capitals thank god

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

yeti friend posted:

TBQH I do not care even a little bit about what Reddit's whining about

The real Pontus is exporting our reddit posting grudges to SA.

Acute Grill fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jan 19, 2022

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Twigand Berries posted:

Imrik breathes a sigh of relief before heading to Cathay.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Twigand Berries posted:

That's going to make certain factions a lot easier to play (Imrik in particular comes to mind).

e;fb

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Watching some streams and I'm a lot happier about the UI it looks good.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Some solid tracks, but no bangers so far BGM wise. Good use of vocals

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Gonkish posted:

Oh my god the outpost system is so cool. Finally, a reason to bother with military alliances. I'm hyped for Karl leading an army that includes some random dwarf units and stuff. gently caress that's cool. I know it's only a max of 4 allied units per stack, but still, that's just awesome.

The dwarves can get demigryph knights maybe? Or even just Empire knights? Something? I mean they can already get Mournfang Cav in WH2 soooo...

Yeah it's so great. I hope it's entirely unrestricted too so I can sneak some skaven in to my dwarf armies

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Some questions I have, and I’m wondering if anyone else has gleaned the answers from streams they’ve watched:

-Has anyone noted what the Warriors of Chaos buildings are?
-Are Gotrek and Felix on the map? What about the game 2 Ogre Mercenaries system?
-Are Cathayan alchemists just metal wizards? One line in one video a while back mentioned fire magic.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

What are outposts?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

William Bear posted:

The $47.08 deal on Gamebillet is still up, for those who have been made insatiably horny by today's news.

https://www.gamebillet.com/total-war-warhammer-iii-pre-order?affiliate=1c8adfeb-78f3-4d89-9a91-5b697ec73e37

:circlefap:

I think it's been confirmed, but this store's legit, right?

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Yeah, it's fine. I've bought quite a bit from them, and they aren't a weird Russian key reseller.

Anything on isthereanydeal is fine to order from in my experience.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

What are outposts?

You can build outposts in cities owned by allies. These let you recruit a few of that ally's units. Dunno if the units available are determined by what's in the city or what, but it's sick

feller
Jul 5, 2006

DaysBefore posted:

You can build outposts in cities owned by allies. These let you recruit a few of that ally's units. Dunno if the units available are determined by what's in the city or what, but it's sick

Supposedly, you can recruit anything that can be recruited from that city.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Twigand Berries posted:

Does this mean you can trade with anyone you're aware of at any distance?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Pretty sure I heard the "SHAMEFUL DISPLAY" guy screaming in one of the battles. Everyone really IS here :unsmith:

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Wish they'd take the automatic trading thing from Thrones of Britannia. I'm all for deeper diplomacy but trade is just a needless hassle. Quick Deals will really help I guess.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Gonkish posted:

I want to see how they incorporate the realms of chaos on the ME-style map, because I can't imagine that they won't. If they do the portals things, the ideas of either closing/teleporting across the map/YOLO-ing into the realms is REALLY COOL because it not only includes the realms, but also allows a means for any faction to move large distances without needing to sail/march for however many billions of turns it takes to get to a far-off destination.

Everything they're dropping today has me super hyped. It looks like they're really going all out for WH3. I'm hopeful any bugs are relatively minor.

EDIT: wait what

EDIT EDIT:

holy poo poo multiplayer goes beyond 2 players for the first time, yesss

also the build-your-own-deamon lord factions sounds awesome

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Mantis42 posted:

Pretty sure I heard the "SHAMEFUL DISPLAY" guy screaming in one of the battles. Everyone really IS here :unsmith:

Zerkovich confirmed that the Shogun 2 battlefield announcer is voicing some of the Cathay lines

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Ok so like the Realms of Chaos are separate from the rest of the map, can be entered only through the chaos rifts that open on the map, and are basically floating out in the warp. This is dope.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Doomykins posted:

Does this mean you can trade with anyone you're aware of at any distance?

I believe so, picked it up from Janet on Occasion's video.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

:dong:

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I saw an article that said Something Rotten in Kislev will have three players, so I wonder how that's going to work with only two legendary lords for Kislev. Maybe everyone just plays as a generic lord?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

DaysBefore posted:

Yeah it's so great. I hope it's entirely unrestricted too so I can sneak some skaven in to my dwarf armies

How dare you