Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ihmemies posted:

I am an old slow player who liked Heavy tanks in wot back when they had only German and Russian heavy trees. So yes as slow as possible thanks. I have never survived better than this wipe. It is incredible, actually.

For the purposes of gameplay it’s an extremely good change and I’m all for it. From a how it feels to turn your character it feels terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

You get used to it and it's good for the game, but it does feel like having heavy lag.

giZm fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 21, 2022

Fancy_Lad
May 15, 2003
Would you like to buy a monkey?
The couple little stagger steps you take after making a big jump just feels :discourse:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Sweet, I didn't know these setups came with SLI

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

I see those GPUs and I just want to shove them right in my butt. This game does weird things to you.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Sneaky Wombat posted:

I see those GPUs and I just want to shove them right in my butt. This game does weird things to you.

Pull the ammo and CMS kit out of your butt to shove 2 full size GPUs right up there.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

So i just started this game and im not very good but i like it so far, today i learned that knifing a guy 3 times is not as good as getting shot in the face

I guess what i like most is im a loving hoarder and i just love collecting trash in vidya games

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 23, 2022

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Hihohe posted:

I guess what i like most is im a loving hoarder and i just love collecting trash in vidya games

this is the game for you then

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDHIHR_4-yQ Okay I've come full around on the AKM VPO carbine thing with absurd ergo its probably my favourite 100k non sniper gun in the game.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Hihohe posted:

So i just started this game and im not very good but i like it so far, today i learned that knifing a guy 3 times is not as good as getting shot in the face

One of my friends who is level 35 still has gear fear. If you lost everything in your entire collection right now, you would be fine. You can spawn as a SCAV on Interchange, and go around looting and get a few hundred K sometimes in vendor trash. You can then buy lovely guns from Praper or just use the ones you find.

I've finally gotten over my gear fear, since learning it's quite easy to make money in this game as a SCAV and no risk to your current collection.

Charles 1998 fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 24, 2022

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I realized gear fear is quite irrelevant. I died 7 times yesterday, and my inventory is still full. Like, if I died all the time and my inventory was empty, then I'd understand gear fear. But when it's full of poo poo you can sell for money if you want to..

Also I'll probably get most of the stuff back too. Who wants to carry green helmets or level 3 armor out of the map? Or vpo-209's with the level1 poo poo 4x scope?

Customs is a murderfest. If you need stuff I have realized the only way to lose on Shoreline is to go yo northern part of the map or be too late for exfil. I died yesterday twice on Shoreline, both times I went to pvp in northern part. When I stay south, looting the village, or looting caches, I haven't died yet. In Customs I die all the time because I am bad. I know the map well but I suck at pvp.

I'm also the person which brings .366 ammo for 7.62x39 gun to my raids.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jan 24, 2022

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I have avoided shoreline more than I should this wipe, but now I have like seven quests there

It's a cool map, but I've been head eyed by so many white accounts while raiding there that I have become scared to bring anything above scav level gear in with me

Like a couple of days ago I was killed 5 actual seconds after spawning, proning in a bush next to hard cover, just checking my inventory real quick

poo poo's annoying and for some reason doesn't seem to happen nearly as much on any of the other maps

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Shoreline's the only map besides Interchange that hasn't gotten an update and it shows. It really is my least favorite map

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Reserve also needs at least one new PMC extract that isn't an absolute chore or insanely dangerous to use. Things were different when it was one of the few maps with juiced loot, but given the release of Lighthouse and other loot improvements, there's hardly any reason to go there as a PMC these days.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

So should i be grouping up or can i go solo feasibly

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Hihohe posted:

So should i be grouping up or can i go solo feasibly

I actually prefer solo.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

I do most of my play solo and have an absolute blast. It might feel like the odds are always against you, but groups tend to barrel across maps making tons of noise, so if you're smart about movement/positioning/concealment it's not as much of a downside as it might feel like at first. obviously there's times when a three man bursts into the house you're looting and there's just absolutely nothing you can do, but it's still good fun. don't stress about it.

also there's a goon discord for grouping up. having an experienced player show you the ropes is incredibly helpful. this game is dauntingly info-dense.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

DrPop posted:

Reserve also needs at least one new PMC extract that isn't an absolute chore or insanely dangerous to use. Things were different when it was one of the few maps with juiced loot, but given the release of Lighthouse and other loot improvements, there's hardly any reason to go there as a PMC these days.

Yeah lol I love the map itself but I never play PMC on it because it's such a chore/poo poo-show to extract with a backpack. They should have at least one main extract in my opinion.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

When I run reserve now I just take the largest rig I can and leave the backpack at home

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Tibbeh posted:

Shoreline's the only map besides Interchange that hasn't gotten an update and it shows. It really is my least favorite map

Shoreline used to be less than half the size it is now and without the resort.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Umbreon posted:

Shoreline used to be less than half the size it is now and without the resort.

So just the village and a gas station?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

hello internet posted:

When I run reserve now I just take the largest rig I can and leave the backpack at home

Just take a cheap-rear end small-mid size backpack, it helps to be able to just grab poo poo and move away from dangerous areas before deciding what to keep. Then you can ditch it when you're ready to go.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Bucnasti posted:

So just the village and a gas station?

And the bridge and rock passage, but that was about it, yeah

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

What's the best map for ambushing PMCs these days? I used to love Reserve because it's a cool balance of close quarters combat separated by open areas with SCAV Raiders distracting all the chads trying to farm them but should I move to Shoreline?

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Depends on the given value of Best.

Easiest? Extract camp factory. Most PMCs won’t be super geared.
Simplest? Factory.
Loot value? Probably lighthouse now, though hard to setup.
Smallest risk? Customs.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Who does the auth thing for Discord? I know the bot is dead, but it'd be nice to be able to post in there and join some teams.

Also, as a solo scav, I'm guessing staying on the periphery and just looting is probably my best bet for making money?

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

My solo scav behavior is dependent on how flush on cash and gear I am. If I'm struggling and broke, I do as you say and creep the perimeter and gtfo. If i'm comfortable or wealthy I go for riskier loot spawns, pick ambush fights with PMCs, and lurk around PMC on PMC fights to try and scoop gear.

If you're more specifically looking for routes or w/e check out Interchange or Woods stash run routes. They're pretty safe even for PMCs.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I’ve been running shoreline stashes as a scav and have been finding it low key and easy to farm.

tjones
May 13, 2005
Interchange is the best place for scaving for me. I load in and try to quickly find more scavs to hang around. You can loot in the dark nearby corners while keeping them as look outs while you slink about.

More often than not I'll find a pile of dead PMCs that I can snag a few left overs off of. Then on some occasions you'll hear the other scavs start going off and you can try to join in or flank and get a nice third party crossfire started.

Either way if you get tapped out its no biggie as you've not lost anything for your trouble.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
My scav location depends on what I need to find. I'll usually scav interchange once every couple days just to fill up my holodilniks.

My go to money maker is custom stash runs as a scav. Even spawning in with less than 15 minutes, I'll hit 8+ untouched stashes each run. My duo buddy regularly runs woods stashes and puts my money making to shame, but I still can't navigate that map for poo poo after 3 wipes.

I try avoid reserve unless part of a scav gang as I've found it basically has a similar amount of scav on scav violence as before scav karma was implemented.

Best scav runs at spawning in, rounding a corner and stumbling upon dead bosses, guards and pmcs, and getting first dibs on all the loot before any one else shows up.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Hey, I actually extracted with some stuff! Used VOIP to good effect and a few players gave me a pass. Until this last round when I was literally singing a made up "I'm a scav, always a scav" song over VOIP and somebody stalked and killed me anyway.

Enjoy the balaclava you killed me for, moron!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Customs is such a solid moneymaker and always has a quick queue, and these two things have ruined me for using my scav runs to learn maps like Lighthouse and Reserve.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Is there a good customs guide somewhere?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Scav runs on Lighthouse are the best, you can choose the high-risk high-reward water treatment area, or the chill coastal route that nets you a couple hundred thousand rubles of random barter loots.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
:-[

i don't know why the windows dvr recording is so bad, but i am sad nonetheless and you will hear me screech my disapproval

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Gh6TnnWAg

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

Is there a good customs guide somewhere?

don't go around singing seems to be a good strat

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Bucnasti posted:

Scav runs on Lighthouse are the best, you can choose the high-risk high-reward water treatment area, or the chill coastal route that nets you a couple hundred thousand rubles of random barter loots.

Does that mean you get a couple hundred thousand from selling them to traders? How do you find a backpack and bigger vest to carry the loot? How do you even make money before getting flea open? I'm 2 weeks in, at lvl10, probaly will take 2 more weeks to get to lvl15. I'm not very good at the art of moneymaking :sigh:

I mean is there some specific type of things I should loot and sell to traders? I am not very good at making exp or doing the quests at Customs so this will take a while.

Yesterday I went to find some pvp in Shoreline, because I'm least afraid of that map. I found a guy going upstairs to the guard tower in Eastern road. He went to top and stopped to loot, and miraculously my .366 EKO domed him despite his lvl4 helmet.

I went in and got some nice loot. Didn't find anything else except scavs, even though I looked at gas station and the village. Maybe power plant would have worked better.

Seems no one wants my vpo's. Sometimes they nick the 4x lvl1 jaeger scope, silencer they take always.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Even without a big backpack I can get 100k from lighthouse from a few stashes and lose loot on the beach and construction area. The map is literally littered with medium and high value loot. Most of it I sell to traders because the price on flea after the fee is less than the traders give me.

If I have no backpack I head to the water treatment hoping to find a dead rogue to loot or to get lucky with some small high value items from the buildings. The last time I did that I had just a crappy rig and no backpack and found a VPX and signal module each worth 150k and extracted quite happy.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I guess I could do PVP in shoreline/woods, and scav in lighthouse/interchange. I did goshan yesterday to get some nuts and bolts and hoses for my hideout upgrades. It was chill and I saw no one. Thanks for the lighthouse money making tips :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Ihmemies posted:

Does that mean you get a couple hundred thousand from selling them to traders? How do you find a backpack and bigger vest to carry the loot? How do you even make money before getting flea open? I'm 2 weeks in, at lvl10, probaly will take 2 more weeks to get to lvl15.

My pre-flea moneymaking routine usually involves using every scav run on interchange and heading straight for the PC rooms nearest the Emercom exit. Fill up whatever bag/rig I spawn with with as many components as possible then head straight for the exit and sell it all to therapist. It's rare to find them picked clean and things like HDDs, DVDs, wires, capacitors and CPU fans are so common you don't need to worry about saving them for hideout/crafting/quests.