Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

STONE COLD 64 posted:

im giving up on this no continues cheevo good grief

its just the first two levels dude, learn the layouts and you got it. I watched Arf do it this morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I'm starting the game now and immediately jumped into the room above the spawn point and lost half my health trying to figure out how to open the chest at the bottom, giving up, and getting out again..please send prayers

Keys....ffs play the game lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

its just the first two levels dude, learn the layouts and you got it. I watched Arf do it this morning

in his defense i had already played this once a couple days ago for an hour or two but still, you should instead just beat the game normally since it has inf continues. on that note im gonna go do that

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Keys....ffs play the game lol

i figured it out eventually... really showing my colors as a SNES kid rather than a NES kid

feeling like a fool after accidentally trading away my kick button for a horn and now I can't find the red key

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

wandering the halls of the dread Fire Cavern furiously tooting my horn trying to find a red key

e: gonna restart and try to find some more helpful items

grieving for Gandalf fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jan 22, 2022

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

wandering the halls of the dread Fire Cavern furiously tooting my horn trying to find a red key

e: gonna restart and try to find some more helpful items

most of those sub items don't have many uses outside of the boot for kicking open treasure, but you should be finding keys regardless for that anyway

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

most of those sub items don't have many uses outside of the boot for kicking open treasure, but you should be finding keys regardless for that anyway

looking at the instruction booklet, I didn't collect the feather and there's a jump I can't imagine making without it so I'm replaying the beginning to see if it's there and improve my game knowledge for beating the first two levels without using a continue. I'm a methodical gamer

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
You can make the jump without the feather. Kill monsters till you get a blue potion and then you can jump far enough.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

looking at the instruction booklet, I didn't collect the feather and there's a jump I can't imagine making without it so I'm replaying the beginning to see if it's there and improve my game knowledge for beating the first two levels without using a continue. I'm a methodical gamer

you can make all the jumps, pink and blue potions

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

you can make all the jumps, pink and blue potions

Todd Howard, 20 years younger: You see that jump...? You can make it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

You can make the jump without the feather. Kill monsters till you get a blue potion and then you can jump far enough.

lmao I can't wait to get to this, every description sounds so generic

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

Todd Howard, 20 years younger: You see that jump...? You can make it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

lmao I can't wait to get to this, every description sounds so generic

After some of the garbage you’ve played it’ll seem like a breath of fresh air probably. You get unlimited continues and it literally starts you back where you died without losing any item progression

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

i didn't grow up with a NES so I'm enjoying playing a fun title I hadn't even heard of before. hope there's more like it in the game club

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

what's a good nes emulator nowadays. for regular playing stuff mostly accurately, and looking ok while doing it.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
fceux is fine i think

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

b_d posted:

what's a good nes emulator nowadays. for regular playing stuff mostly accurately, and looking ok while doing it.

I use BizHawk for everything which has a bunch of cores for different systems

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

b_d posted:

ive been using an old version of fceux that I got whenever I downloaded the whole collection of roms in college, lol. the only game that's given me any issues was tiger heli, so I just ran it in an ancient version of JNES

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

thanks all.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

b_d posted:

retroarch is what I use, has multiple cores and I like the UI

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

b_d posted:

the nintendo entertainment system

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

picked up my win just now, first level really was the hardest, once you get a full equipment kit it's pretty easy.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The White Guar

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Wrong thread.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
dont like seeing those evil goblins in the treetop 😒

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

don't like getting attacked by papa smurf on the forest floor

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

dont like seeing those evil goblins in the treetop 😒

boost off a bee, get up there and kick their rear end

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Fungah! posted:

boost off a bee, get up there and kick their rear end

ive killed plenty and i will kill more

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Gonna beat this games rear end tomorrow.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

good poo poo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the secret rooms remind me of dkc

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im not going to get the challenge badge, the game blows and im never going to play it again

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I thought it was good

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

if it didnt have infinite continues then there would be an epic avgn video on it we'd all be quoting right now

:hai:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

b_d posted:

mesen is the best and most accurate one nowadays. i believe it also has a retroarch core but tbh i just use the standalone.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

both challenges done, was stuck on the last boss forever and I finally ended up kicking him to death with the boots. my search hath ended.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Somebody change TLD’s av to one of the little wizards & warriors demons. Thanks

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Sub-Actuality posted:

both challenges done, was stuck on the last boss forever and I finally ended up kicking him to death with the boots. my search hath ended.

its funny that by the end of the game one of the main mechanics is kicking skulls