Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

elf help book posted:

its funny that by the end of the game one of the main mechanics is kicking skulls

lol yeah. very satisfying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Special Challenge Completed

one hp remaining

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

beat it. its been a win lose. you lose, i win.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

:D

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol cool

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Trying to narrow down the game I would pick for the next round and ending up with a huge loving list.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In the games beat thread Arf suggested Omega Boost for PS1 which I think is a cool idea

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N396zowUWEo

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

this is probably my least favorite song of all time now

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpsblS_pO1o

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I simply never hear it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Finished it off, had to walk back in forth in the hallway before the final boss for 5 minutes to get enough gems lol.

edit: took out the secondary challenge as well. got very familiar with that bat cave in my first run

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jan 24, 2022

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Finished it off, had to walk back in forth in the hallway before the final boss for 5 minutes to get enough gems lol.

yep

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

yep

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

yep

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

yep

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Evil Eagle posted:

yep

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh hell naw.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

I love this soundtrack

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Just cleared stage 2 with one continue. I can't even imagine how miserable this game feels for anyone who missed picking up the dagger of throwing.

Gonna finish this run then go back for the challenge

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

yep

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

P-Mack posted:

Just cleared stage 2 with one continue. I can't even imagine how miserable this game feels for anyone who missed picking up the dagger of throwing.

Gonna finish this run then go back for the challenge

dagger and shield are a must

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

gonna return to this tomorrow. got stuck on a teleporting wizard

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

gonna return to this tomorrow. got stuck on a teleporting wizard

that was the end of the game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

if youre playing with save states im going to kill you

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
He paused it and left the NES on and also placed a shoe in front of the NES so his mom wouldn't see the orange light and turn it off overnight.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

He paused it and left the NES on and also placed a shoe in front of the NES so his mom wouldn't see the orange light and turn it off overnight.

its the only legal way

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Nominating 'dying to the purple ghosts that appear when you kill a boss' as one of the worst feeling gaming fails

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

P-Mack posted:

Nominating 'dying to the purple ghosts that appear when you kill a boss' as one of the worst feeling gaming fails

If this happened to me I would have to commit seppuku

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

P-Mack posted:

this happened to my on the last boss and i just went to bed

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

P-Mack posted:

id just levitate and let them fly into my sword

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

also basically how i beat the final boss lol

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

There's some weird poo poo going on with the last boss, I think he only teleports to locations that have been on screen or something. So I showed up initially and got owned by projectiles coming in from offscreen, but after I died once I just stood in one spot and hit him whenever he appeared in one of two spots right next to me.

Anyway game and challenge both done, it's kind of cool how it gives you super powerful combat and movement upgrades but nothing is strictly mandatory, it's just a huge pain in the rear end without them. My huge gripe is that for levels that are so vertical, the screen doesn't move until you're an inch from the top, so you always have to jump once to actually see where you're going then line up the real jump.

I dunno if this was originated as an arcade game project or where else the infinite continue system came from, but it was absolutely the right decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

P-Mack posted:

i finished so many times with 1hp i kinda thought the purple ghosts couldnt really kill you