Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
FF1’s pixel remaster makes the intelligence stat actually work properly for the first time in 35 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
FF5 is based off the SNES version so a bunch of the GBA player helping bugs (beastmaster being able to stunlock omega, vampire drain blu magic doing double healing, some other things) are gone.

On the plus side unless this got fixed they busted rods in the player's favor since they now use single target scaling so breaking rods does ridiculous damage/more than damage boosted syldra

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

MagusDraco posted:

FF5 is based off the SNES version so a bunch of the GBA player helping bugs (beastmaster being able to stunlock omega, vampire drain blu magic doing double healing, some other things) are gone.

On the plus side unless this got fixed they busted rods in the player's favor since they now use single target scaling so breaking rods does ridiculous damage/more than damage boosted syldra

Do berserkers get the thornlet underflow?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I'm watching Pat play through DS3: Convergence, and this is a really impressive mod.

The Druid class seems fun as gently caress.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

dang Pat is a scrub at Inscryption. Robots/energy is great. Now the wizard deck, that poo poo's messed.

e: Oh god, Pat's inability to deal with the upgrade that makes your cards removed on death.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 15, 2022

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
IT KEEPS HAPPENING

https://clips.twitch.tv/WonderfulRoundLeopardTooSpicy-9mudOnxguMnd0s2J

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Archenteron posted:

Do berserkers get the thornlet underflow?

I don't think so. I think it may actually use a lot of the equipment/stat balancing from GBA but also some of the weird things from Matrix too alongside a few new things like the ATB starting in a random position and weight affecting agility twice as much.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Reggie's strategy for handling Lost Izalith is uh...unique, ain't it? :stare:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Vandar posted:

Reggie's strategy for handling Lost Izalith is uh...unique, ain't it? :stare:

If anything it's free souls, the Dragon Asses aren't that dangerous and magic shoots them dead.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

My "favourite" part of this is that some people in the subreddit and twitch chat tried to say that that's supposed the Manji Symbol. Ok, but this character wore jackboots, military-looking pants, and the swastiskas looks like it's carved into his arms. I think Woolie found a Nazi in his fighting games. Again.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/RSSLiam/status/1483143472064471045

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Watching Woolie and Reggie do Dark Souls from the beginning and it's funny that I'm only as far as Blighttown and Reggie is already better at Souls than Woolie.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Can't wait to hear the takes on ms buying actiblizz

I predict a fair amount of "earth is hell and the devils reap rewards and go unpunished for their wickedness" type speak from at least pat

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Youtube algorithm served me up this very good clip from Woolie's SH playthrough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTG6VM9b8OI

e: Wasn't there a time where Woolie blasted someone in Heavy Rain the second the prompt showed up? Can't seem to find a clip, just compilations of all of Heavy Rain.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 18, 2022

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Oxyclean posted:

e: Wasn't there a time where Woolie blasted someone in Heavy Rain the second the prompt showed up? Can't seem to find a clip, just compilations of all of Heavy Rain.

The nutty guy in the house full of crosses yeah lol

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Oxyclean posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heIPVT_BVPE

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

This got linked earlier on the page; its great. Does anyone have a clip of the original Wacker? Or was it not a on-stream thing?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Oxyclean posted:

This got linked earlier on the page; its great. Does anyone have a clip of the original Wacker? Or was it not a on-stream thing?
It's right here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DCy9eocBBg

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

"That's my guy!"

doos
Jan 1, 2015

FNF/SMS was one of the things I always looked forward to, and I'm glad that Woolie keeps the energy.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I'm glad that Reggie is getting the full Bed of Chaos experience and not just lucking his way through it. :allears:

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

https://youtu.be/CxhSTJ3qQhs?t=1084

There was a clip with their facecam in the corner that was set to private.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
It feels like every other day for the past week I've woke up to a wall of twitter posts from Pat going on about Kingmaker. Kind of surprised he stuck with it.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I just got eyes on smooth pat and that poo poo is the most cursed thing I’ve seen in a while.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Reggie getting his rear end kicked by Nito until Woolie gave him the fantastic advice of 'hit him' is some real funny poo poo.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Overlord K posted:

It feels like every other day for the past week I've woke up to a wall of twitter posts from Pat going on about Kingmaker. Kind of surprised he stuck with it.

All of Pat's Kingmaker talk made me fire up an old Divinity Original Sin 2 save where I had left off at. I was poking around and opened my inventory and had a mind goblin meltdown when I remembered about 25% of the game is talking to people and fighting things and 75% is me rifling through my backpacks.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Warbird posted:

I just got eyes on smooth pat and that poo poo is the most cursed thing I’ve seen in a while.

It really is

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Some people were just meant to have facial hair, he looks like a large baby.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

looks?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

And he looks considerably heavier compared to his early videos 10 years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuL4IaCf4qM

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Smooth Pat happens once or twice a year and it's extremely cursed every time.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I'm getting strong "We have Simon Pegg at home!" vibes from Smooth Pat, for some reason.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
rich evans, but autistic

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Oh my god, Woolie stuck in the bathroom trying to exit using a toilet stall door.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Bonaventure posted:

rich evans, but autistic
This is the first time i've heard anyone claim that pat is autistic (like i am)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Flubby posted:

Oh my god, Woolie stuck in the bathroom trying to exit using a toilet stall door.

in Silent Hill?

...in Silent Hill, right?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Flubby posted:

I checked the old LP with Pat and Matt to see how long it took them to get to the first monster compared to Woolie (it was about half the time) and at the beginning Pat mentioned people often got stuck just like Woolie did.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The highlight of the old LP was Pat putting his thumb on the scale by just constantly doing poo poo like checking the knife and playing it off as normal inventory fumbling for Matt.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rody One Half posted:

The highlight of the old LP was Pat putting his thumb on the scale by just constantly doing poo poo like checking the knife and playing it off as normal inventory fumbling for Matt.

meanwhile in Woolie's LP he gets In Water completely by accident

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Brightman posted:

at the beginning Pat mentioned people often got stuck just like Woolie did.

I know I sure did when I first played it

Blockhouse posted:

meanwhile in Woolie's LP he gets In Water completely by accident

best ending imo, also the one I got first