Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
been playing the everspace 2 demo on xbgp and its scratching the arcadey spaceship itch. the game is surprisingly polished for what theyre calling a 'game preview'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6do1-cmcQHE

"Bring it on!"

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

I love that when they fixed this bug, they also officially blessed it by introducing the "ICA Executive Briefcase" weapon which still does this.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Pile Of Garbage posted:

i bought outer wilds, ds1 remastered and death stranding on steam. will probably play one of them this weekend.

update: started playing Death Stranding and really enjoying it!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Pile Of Garbage posted:

update: started playing Death Stranding and really enjoying it!

it's good but i haven't really touched it lately because of that directors cut update. i'm hoping it eventually gets updated on pc lol

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

Doom Mathematic posted:

I love that when they fixed this bug, they also officially blessed it by introducing the "ICA Executive Briefcase" weapon which still does this.

The Hitman team seems like a fun bunch, but it does make me wonder if this was the brainchild of some insufferable product person and endless meetings like any customer facing feature at a normal job.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
just beat the legend of mana remaster. what an amazing insane game. don’t make ‘em like they used to

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Ciaphas posted:

ye the game is right fuckin difficult, but it’s also moddable as heck. in my gifs i was playing with Always Edit Wands Everywhere and Dead Isn’t Dead or something like that, lets you respawn

The dead isn't dead mod is great.

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i finally started getting into red stone this week. i built a little trash disposal where you put garbage into a chest and if you pull the lever next to it it'll toss everything inside into a lava pit. it was real gratifying when i finally got it working, just about the same rush as when i get a difficult bit of code working. so now of course i'm just thinking of all the new things i can build with it

my friend built an automated tram station. you enter the building and press a button which dispenses a mine cart. if you miss the mine cart a switch detects it and routes it back into the chest it was originally dispensed from. if you get in there's a series of junctions where you push a button on the left or right and the signs above them will tell you what your destination will be. it's great

gently caress now i'm seriously considering recording some walkthroughs of the different bases / cool things we've all built and posting them here

My friends are now into the FTB (or at least I think that is what it is called) and it adds a whole new level of complexity to the game. I now understand what Joe Rogan feels like on a daily basis.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

it's good but i haven't really touched it lately because of that directors cut update. i'm hoping it eventually gets updated on pc lol

its confirmed to be coming to pc, or do you mean a free update to your existing purchase?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The dead isn't dead mod is great.

My friends are now into the FTB (or at least I think that is what it is called) and it adds a whole new level of complexity to the game. I now understand what Joe Rogan feels like on a daily basis.

FTB is Feed The Beast, a popular Minecraft modpack.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Jenny Agutter posted:

its confirmed to be coming to pc, or do you mean a free update to your existing purchase?

nah i judt hadn't seen it was confirmed for pc

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
why is cody bellinger in assassins creed lol

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Severed Steel added a bunch of new levels and is currently on sale, i can't recommend it enough if you like fast-paced fps action

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Got outer wilds on the rec of a lot of you here and what a gripping game. Instantly into it

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Armitag3 posted:

Got outer wilds on the rec of a lot of you here and what a gripping game. Instantly into it

i just started playing it as well. it's pretty compelling so far

so of course one of the first things i tried to do was follow that probe you see launched right when you wake up. after a ton of time of wrangling with the keyboard controls i was finally able to get close enough to get a lock on it and.... there's nothing there to do. lol

i'm assuming it will be important later but i see where this game is going now

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I was at a friend’s house and me and him were both playing modern warfare I forgot to mention this in my last post but my friend has anger issues so mix that with me being good at modern warfare me took a pizza I had order and he threw it at me out of pure rage so then I got pissed because that was a pizza we JUST ordered now I had to buy another one so I went to his kitchen grabbed his microwave plate and put it in my backpack my friend never found out it was me and I’m friends with him to this day. as for the microwave plate I lost it.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

is a microwave plate like a poop knife?

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
i hope y'all were either eight years old at the time or you have better boundaries now because that sounds like a not safe person to be around

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

well it really depends how hot the pizza was

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

after two years of no pizza, i broke that this month

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Achmed Jones posted:

is a microwave plate like a poop knife?

i assumed it was the glass turntable that goes in the bottom of the microwave, which is a bizarre thing to steal, but admittedly it would make the microwave really annoying to use

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
they were also really annoying to replace separately from just buying a whole new microwave in the era before easy e-commerce, if, purely hypothetically, you took it out of the microwave to clean it and dropped it on the floor and it shattered.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
i guess unless you go over to your friend's house and steal the plate out of their microwave to make it their problem

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Next time steal all the spoons in the house

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Corla Plankun posted:

i hope y'all were either eight years old at the time or you have better boundaries now because that sounds like a not safe person to be around

that post isn’t mine, I just got a chuckle over stealing a microwave plate for revenge

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i started playing stellaris this weekend, i think i'm going to like it a lot once i finish learning everything. it reminds me a lot of an old mac game i used to play (starbound 2) which i assume itself was a clone of some pc game that i never played

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

are you saying you never played moo2

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/Dansplainer/status/1485089380079439878

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

death's door is good

it is fun to be a little crow guy and collect dipshits' souls

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the fighting is fun but it desperately needs a map and there is no reason for it to have dark souls death runbacks

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

haveblue posted:

the fighting is fun but it desperately needs a map and there is no reason for it to have dark souls death runbacks

or a (lategame tool) hookshot with no long distance aim assist and no i will never shut up about this

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

what the gently caress sapienza is so huge it's actually intimidating

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

what the gently caress sapienza is so huge it's actually intimidating

I did the world of tomorrow mission this weekend and spent so much time just wandering around the environment

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i started playing stellaris this weekend, i think i'm going to like it a lot once i finish learning everything. it reminds me a lot of an old mac game i used to play (starbound 2) which i assume itself was a clone of some pc game that i never played

oh poo poo. I vaguely remembered this game but couldn’t remember what it was called

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
i just started playing Nobody Saves The World last night on gamepass and it whips rear end

it is extremely fun to play imo, and the conceit is also a delight. This is the first gamepass game i've played where i'm honestly a little bit concerned that it might leave gamepass/eat my save before i am done enjoying it

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

haveblue posted:

i avoid this issue by not dying, op

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Corla Plankun posted:

i just started playing Nobody Saves The World last night on gamepass and it whips rear end

it is extremely fun to play imo, and the conceit is also a delight. This is the first gamepass game i've played where i'm honestly a little bit concerned that it might leave gamepass/eat my save before i am done enjoying it

it's fun but im definitely slowing down on it. all the dungeons are basically the same and it's just hacking through huge crowds of enemies

though they absolutely have the class evolution right. as we all know, it goes rat > warrior > horse and so on

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

The Fool posted:

are you saying you never played moo2

i vaguely remember trying a dosbox version in the os x era, i bet i would have liked it if i played the original mac version closer to when it came out as a kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

checking back in again from playing outer wilds. it just keeps getting better and better and i keep getting more and more engrossed in it. i don't want any spoilers so i'm mostly writing this just to think out loud a bit

i'm at the point where i think i've got the big pieces to the puzzle put together. the ancients set up some sort of time loop / revival system in the event some sort of colossal fuckup happened. the colossal fuckup happened but they're all long gone but fortunately the revive system is still working on you and your one friend. it appears like the colossal fuckup machine is the sun energy harvester or whatever it's called, so i'm probably going to have to shut it down somehow. i'm not 100% sure about this part because the one guy's comment about how tons of stars are going supernova out of the blue makes me think something else may be going on. who knows

i've been speed rushing the sand base to try to see what's at the bottom but i've decided there must be a more elegant way to get there because i've died three times in a row trying to rush it. my last playthrough i instead attached a scout to the gravity cannon's probe to see if that went anywhere interesting, but then i went and stepped on the gravity pad while it was still on and launched myself into the sun. probably my funniest death so far. i think for now i'm gonna go back to the planet that's collapsing into the black hole to see what i can find around there. the last time i was there i slipped into the black hole by mistake and had a few minutes to look around at the other side before the sun exploded. there's probably more stuff there and i'm just now realizing i can probably fly my spaceship into it

the one detail i'm really appreciating is the **THERE'S MORE TO SEE HERE** message it shows you in the rumor map. that's a small addition but if it wasn't there i'd constantly be convinced that i was missing things and recombing over areas i'd already been and it would have really detracted from the overall experience

i was also wondering why all the astronauts were so drat lazy when there's all this WILD NEW STUFF right next to them but i remembered you're the only one with the translator who can make sense of anything. another nice narrative touch

gently caress now i'm also remembering that i can track down the quantum moon to see if that leads to anything. wonder how i'll even do that

anyways it's a real good game. highly recommend to anyone who likes exploration stuff